THIS WEEKS LIVE CHAT -

WTRLFC WEBSITE

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Really interesting today. Hopefully both clubs can put the town back on the map. It’s clear we’ve both got very astute young coaches who speak really well. Nice to hear Chris talking about team strengthening for 2021 while keeping the vast majority of this years squad. Really need my Derwent Park fix now but can’t really see it being before next year. UTT

15 minutes ago, IanMac said:

Really interesting today. Hopefully both clubs can put the town back on the map. It’s clear we’ve both got very astute young coaches who speak really well. Nice to hear Chris talking about team strengthening for 2021 while keeping the vast majority of this years squad. Really need my Derwent Park fix now but can’t really see it being before next year. UTT

I absolutely love sunday game day ... and not having it makes you realise just how much it means to you . Been a big loss ☹️

Good broadcast again, Chris speaks so well, great to listen to, nice to hear things from the Reds perspective as well, both clubs look to be in good hands, oh what a shame we haven’t that new stadium for them to perform in.

• 3 months later...

A welcome return of the web cast today with Gary, Chris, Jonno and Gus discussing all things RL and town,  great to hear from them all , really missed the crack so well done Gary and town for putting this back on. Really looking forward to future signings being announced, well done everyone UTT.

Thanks to the club for putting on the webcast again. On a dark, grey, Sunday afternoon it was great to be able to listen to crack about the club. I really hope that this pandemic and all its associated problems doesn’t deprive us from seeing how Chris Thorman, his assistants and the bod will move the club forward. He is obviously very committed to a mainly Cumbrian based team and when you hear him talking about having 10 on dr from amateur clubs you get the impression that the image of the club may have changed, which would be brilliant moving forward. 

It was really interesting listening to how they will have to carry out training and monitor all contact between players and then send that info to the rfl! An awful lot of work for part time clubs but no doubt necessary in these COVID times. There are going to be a lot of hoops to go through before we get back, let’s hope it’s sooner rather than later.

Just caught up with this . Absolutely outstanding , what a great innovation this has been during lockdown . Brilliant listening to the guys , we’ve got a top team there , and it’s always interesting to get an insight into the depth and scale of the work they do that we don’t see . Chris just oozes professionalism , commitment and vision , you can’t help but be impressed and feel we’re in safe hands going forward . Just can’t wait to get down and see live action again

I could listen to Chris talk rugby for hours, so passionate about the sport and so passionate about the club and it appears as though Gary is out of the same mould. It’s certainly whetting the appetite for next season. UTT

20 hours ago, IanMac said:

I could listen to Chris talk rugby for hours, so passionate about the sport and so passionate about the club and it appears as though Gary is out of the same mould. It’s certainly whetting the appetite for next season. UTT

I reckon he could talk about it for hours!  It sounds like the links with the community game are the best they've been in a long time.

I can't wait to hear who the "significant" signings are!!

Another cracking webcast. Good to hear Dec and Calvin are moving up here and going to be used going into schools and clubs. Can only benefit the club when they are committing like that.

• 2 weeks later...

Well done Gary .. It was good to see a local lad . Kyle Amor doing so well . It just shows if you put in the effort  how far you can go . I thought it was funny  that he said he didnt want to be one of those players who goes back to there amateur  club  for everybody to say I told you you wouldn't make it . . Well I would say  the trophy's he as won  with Saints makes him one of the most decorative players from the county .  .Mind he can  talk  . Chris hardly got a word in  . Cant wait now for James Graham  on the podcast . . 

• 1 month later...

A very good webcast today.  Very interesting listening to all the protocols going to be required, but at least a provisional date of the 9th May for a season start. I’ve said it many times but how lucky are we to have Chris. I think we will certainly need all his and the rest of the staffs expertise to get the boys game ready with no pre season friendlies and by the sound of it only 2 training sessions a week for a period of time. Good luck to everybody within the club, it all sounds a bit of a logistical nightmare for semi pro clubs but hopefully we can be standing in the sunshine at derwent park come may. UTT

1 hour ago, IanMac said:

A very good webcast today.  Very interesting listening to all the protocols going to be required, but at least a provisional date of the 9th May for a season start. I’ve said it many times but how lucky are we to have Chris. I think we will certainly need all his and the rest of the staffs expertise to get the boys game ready with no pre season friendlies and by the sound of it only 2 training sessions a week for a period of time. Good luck to everybody within the club, it all sounds a bit of a logistical nightmare for semi pro clubs but hopefully we can be standing in the sunshine at derwent park come may. UTT

Sunshine? I think that's maybe pushing our luck 😄

go **** yasell ya little **** gain NL1 then take ya **** out ya dads **** then speak proper rugby talk. you jameating little spotty ****...itchy waa waa 2008...

Great webcast today with great guests, I agree it was interesting to hear all the ins and outs of what can and can't happen regarding training, I'm sure Chris and Jonno will have them ready and bouncing when we get the green light to get back, I for one cannot wait it's been a long 12 months.

On another note so sorry to hear the terrible news regarding young Cameron from Kells, prayers and love to his family and friends at this sad time.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived