Greatest Dewsbury Players - top three second rows

Wakefield Ram

This must be the most difficult selection of all as there have been a host of good second rowers and a few very good ones. Getting it down to just three is tough.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

17 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

This must be the most difficult selection of all as there have been a host of good second rowers and a few very good ones. Getting it down to just three is tough.

Indeed.   Are we having a most loyal category?  If not might have to put Rob Spicer in here.  Stayed for 9 years at a time when players were moving more often that your average drug dealer 

52 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Sorry BSJ - can't change the rules now ??

38 minutes ago, NickD said:

Indeed.   Are we having a most loyal category?  If not might have to put Rob Spicer in here.  Stayed for 9 years at a time when players were moving more often that your average drug dealer 

Why not? Yep will adds Most Loyal category. 

21 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Sorry BSJ - can't change the rules now ??

Alastair Brannon Graham Mook Dean Hall

Wish I could shoehorn Deeeeeeko-o in as well.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

41 minutes ago, grumpyoldram said:

Alastair Brannon Graham Mook Dean Hall

Wish I could shoehorn Deeeeeeko-o in as well.

No John Bates then GoR?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1. Rob Spicer

2. Martin Robinson

3. Daniel Frame 

Others; Toby Adamson, Glenn Bell, Andy Dickinson, Joel Farrell, Andy Fisher, Darren Fleary, Tim Fourie, Mickael Goudemand, Trent Jordan, Michael Knowles, Stephen Newton, Sean Richardson, Paul Smith, Andy Spink, Shayne Williams

34 minutes ago, DewsburyRams4ever said:

1. Rob Spicer

2. Martin Robinson

3. Daniel Frame 

Others; Toby Adamson, Glenn Bell, Andy Dickinson, Joel Farrell, Andy Fisher, Darren Fleary, Tim Fourie, Mickael Goudemand, Trent Jordan, Michael Knowles, Stephen Newton, Sean Richardson, Paul Smith, Andy Spink, Shayne Williams

Some memory you’ve got there !!  Thanks for the name check. Very helpful. 

7 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

No John Bates then GoR?

Or Jeff Grayson. Both good players in good team - the others were Stand out players in an average team, so they stuck in my memory.

Censorship ends in logical completeness when nobody is allowed to read any books except the books that nobody reads.

George Bernard Shaw.

Some great choices here, 2 i remember who were not with us long but i certainly remember been useful, Les Haynes i think it was, part of the overseas group in our division 1 campaign and i think it was Stuart Morris, big lad went to York, really quick, also Tim Butler, a tacking machine, sure he was an Aussie too. 

2 hours ago, MrBungle said:

Some great choices here, 2 i remember who were not with us long but i certainly remember been useful, Les Haynes i think it was, part of the overseas group in our division 1 campaign and i think it was Stuart Morris, big lad went to York, really quick, also Tim Butler, a tacking machine, sure he was an Aussie too. 

Crikey.  It gets worse.  Remember both those two.  Both excellent players.   Really struggling now.  

3 hours ago, MrBungle said:

Think Haynes was second row with someone called Geary? Another Aussie? Stuart Morris had a big perm and yes remember Tim Butler as a tackling machine.

How about a Top 3 Overseas Player? 

I know who won't win that. We had a centre called Liam something or other a few years ago and at one game (he'd not been picked( they announcedover the tannoy asking him to go to the kitchen.

44 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Think Haynes was second row with someone called Geary? Another Aussie? Stuart Morris had a big perm and yes remember Tim Butler as a tackling machine.

How about a Top 3 Overseas Player? 

I know who won't win that. We had a centre called Liam something or other a few years ago and at one game (he'd not been picked( they announcedover the tannoy asking him to go to the kitchen.

Think Paul Geary was a dogs recruit, unless there was a different Geary.

George Bernard Shaw.

It’s so difficult I’ve decided to go on most entertaining 

Deeeeeko...

Dean Hall

Darren Fleary

couldnt get my head around it other wise.  

18 hours ago, grumpyoldram said:

Think Paul Geary was a dogs recruit, unless there was a different Geary.

They did have a big second rower by that name, late 80's i think, if you ever start a thread about Doggies you would have had in a Dewsbury Team he was one, always gave us problems. There was one with the surname of Geary that played for usthe year we were in the first division, an Aussie, big difference between him and Haynes was, Haynes was good. 

4 hours ago, MrBungle said:

They did have a big second rower by that name, late 80's i think, if you ever start a thread about Doggies you would have had in a Dewsbury Team he was one, always gave us problems. There was one with the surname of Geary that played for usthe year we were in the first division, an Aussie, big difference between him and Haynes was, Haynes was good. 

Are you thinking of Leigh Groves.. 

Archived