Good Golly Miss Zwolle

1 hour ago, yanto said:

Hmmmm .. heartlands news available to read....Development news behind a Premium pay wall and then we ask why we struggle to spread the game.

This is a feature from the current edition of Rugby League World.

We had to pay someone to write it.

Therefore we have to ask people to pay to read it, either in the mag, the digital edition or on TRL Premium.

Otherwise, we can't keep producing features like this at all.

Journalism costs money.

TRL Premium costs £5 per month to access everything published on the website, which includes all the news from League Express every week, a selection of features from Rugby League World every month, and original TRL-only content most days of the week.

It's possible for everyone to read two TRL Premium features a week for free, but we simply cannot give all our content away for nothing and survive, especially not now, when we have had to suspend publishing Rugby League World due to the pandemic and League Express sales are obviously down due to the lack of matches to report on.

We're doing our best to produce quality RL content and stay afloat until the sport resumes.

Give us a break.

I subscribe for RL world (digital) and I am still waiting for March edition to arrive on my Kindle. 

Never complained.. Strange times we are living in.. Everything running late or held up.. Understandable.. 

So if I subscribe to a copy of digital RL World am I allowed to read Premium TR reports because neither my forum name nor my email will let me access the premium content, or am I expected to pay twice?? 

3 hours ago, yanto said:

Hmmmm .. heartlands news available to read....Development news behind a Premium pay wall and then we ask why we struggle to spread the game.

I subscribe to the magazine not the website, but can still see the whole article. 

Anyway @John Drake, when I read the article in the mag it wasn’t clear, is the lady involved at Zwolle actually playing for the first team or just training with them?

10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I subscribe to the magazine not the website, but can still see the whole article. 

Anyway @John Drake, when I read the article in the mag it wasn’t clear, is the lady involved at Zwolle actually playing for the first team or just training with them?

Eddie do you use the same log in for the Premium as you do for the forum  ?

I thought if I subscribed to the magazine I could also see the Premium content  but I am locked out  with my forum log in and my email (which it asked for ) .

1 minute ago, yanto said:

Eddie do you use the same log in for the Premium as you do for the forum  ?

I thought if I subscribed to the magazine I could also see the Premium content  but I am locked out  with my forum log in and my email (which it asked for ) .

I have no idea, I don’t have access the the premium I don’t pay for it. I just clicked on the link and the article was there. 

On 27/04/2020 at 12:42, yanto said:

I subscribe for RL world (digital) and I am still waiting for March edition to arrive on my Kindle. 

Never complained.. Strange times we are living in.. Everything running late or held up.. Understandable.. 

So if I subscribe to a copy of digital RL World am I allowed to read Premium TR reports because neither my forum name nor my email will let me access the premium content, or am I expected to pay twice?? 

The digital edition of RLW is hosted and operated by Pocketmags. Any problems should be reported to them to deal with at help@pocketmags.com quoting your username. We have no access to their platform or their customer records and we do not process payments for that system. They have an extensive Help/FAQ section on their website at https://pocketmags.com/help-and-faqs

TRL Premium is a completely separate entity, owned and operated by us on our own website. We publish some (not all) of the content of League Express and Rugby League World on here as an alternative option for those who don't want to purchase the paper or the mag or subscribe to the print or digital editions.

We don't expect anyone to pay twice to read the same content, but we do make our content available across multiple platforms to maximise the audience, in the same way a record company puts out its music on both Spotify and Apple Music, for example. The customer can then make their own decision on which platform suits their requirements the best, but few would have accounts with both.

We are a small, independent company. We don't have the resources to create a fully integrated system which streamlines print, digital and web based subscriptions, I'm afraid, so we have to use the pre-existing platforms that are available to us as best we can.

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

The digital edition of RLW is hosted and operated by Pocketmags. Any problems should be reported to them to deal with at help@pocketmags.com quoting your username. We have no access to their platform or their customer records and we do not process payments for that system. They have an extensive Help/FAQ section on their website at https://pocketmags.com/help-and-faqs

TRL Premium is a completely separate entity, owned and operated by us on our own website. We publish some (not all) of the content of League Express and Rugby League World on here as an alternative option for those who don't want to purchase the paper or the mag or subscribe to the print or digital editions.

We don't expect anyone to pay twice to read the same content, but we do make our content available across multiple platforms to maximise the audience, in the same way a record company puts out its music on both Spotify and Apple Music, for example. The customer can then make their own decision on which platform suits their requirements the best, but few would have accounts with both.

We are a small, independent company. We don't have the resources to create a fully integrated system which streamlines print, digital and web based subscriptions, I'm afraid, so we have to use the pre-existing platforms that are available to us as best we can.

Not disputing any of that. But why as a subscriber to RL World can I not access the article in TR Premier. Do I have to register or something?? 

36 minutes ago, yanto said:

Not disputing any of that. But why as a subscriber to RL World can I not access the article in TR Premier. Do I have to register or something?? 

Because they are different platforms completely, as I already explained.

If you buy a song on Spotify, you can't then listen to it on Apple Music. It's the same principle.

You subscribe to the digital edition of RLW via Pocketmags. This has all the content of the mag inside. If you cannot access your copy for some reason, you need to contact help@pocketmags.com again as I already explained.

On 27/04/2020 at 16:40, Hela Wigmen said:

Isn’t Zwolle pronounced as “Svoller” rather than “Svolly”? 

Yes, I think, as you suggest, the last syllable would be that unemphasised, non descript 'uh' sound that most languages use somewhere.  I am not sure the 'w' would be like a 'v', though.  I did Dutch evening classes for a couple of years many moons ago and seem to recall it was closer to an English 'w', though not identical. 

On 27/04/2020 at 14:31, Eddie said:

Eddie the lady in question did infact play in the mens competition a couple of years back for Harderwijk Dolphins.

Despite a lot of objections from the other (male) players ,due to them seeing it as a health risk for her, Steph took her case to the RLEF and was granted permission to play.

Strange one that !!

She is now the secretary of the NRLB (Nederlandse Rugby League Bond)  and  co-founder of Zwolle Wolves.

I dont think she has any more ambitions to  play in the mens competition because it has developed physically into a decent comp and she is now way out of her comfort zone.

Great lass and 150% RL.

Archived