Swinton away

georgeb1

That's where we'd all be this afternoon ,  I remember last years match there very well , tidy little ground , friendly welcome , a decent game and to top it all my mate stu had a selfie with rob burrow , how things have changed , let's all keep safe and look forward to better days ???

As you say John, how things can change in such a short time, first time that I had met Rob I couldnt believe how small he was, theres not many shorter than me, but what a great bloke so glad I had the chance to meet him, then a year later, no rugby so everyone do as the government  says stay in  stay safe, if everyone does that we well be watching rugby again.

After following up the 70-12 win over Rochdale with a late drop goal victory against Fev, we then ground out a win at Oldham before a huge cup upset as York defeated Cas in t’cup!

Wins against Haven, Dewsbury (where Andy Ellis came out of retirement for the 8th time) and Sheffield see resurgent York up to 3rd ahead of today’s match against Swinton. 

Yep....I’m missing rugby!

On 26/04/2020 at 09:13, georgeb1 said:

That's where we'd all be this afternoon ,  I remember last years match there very well , tidy little ground , friendly welcome , a decent game and to top it all my mate stu had a selfie with rob burrow , how things have changed , let's all keep safe and look forward to better days ???

I was suprised nobody mentioned where a lot of us were on the corresponding weekend last year along with a few pictures. I would have put 1 or 2 on but not savvy enough!! Toulouse ring a bell??

3 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

I was suprised nobody mentioned where a lot of us were on the corresponding weekend last year along with a few pictures. I would have put 1 or 2 on but not savvy enough!! Toulouse ring a bell??

There are some TO pics from last year  on Knights website CS.

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/04/2020 at 09:13, georgeb1 said:

Taken at Swinton 

IMG_20200219_234250.jpg

Archived