What is a Treiziste

Bit sneery for my tastes

PROUD TO BE A MEMBER OF http://www.rugbyleaguecares.org/ and http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/article/8790/join-team-wales-for-2013

Predictions for the future -

Crusaders RL to get a franchise for 2012 onwards -WRONG

Widnes Vikings also to get a franchise - RIGHT

Crusaders RL to do the double over Widnes and finish five places ahead of them -WRONG

Widnes Vikings NOT to dominate rugby league in years to come! STILL TO COME

http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/cardiffdemonsrlfc/

http://www.walesrugbyleague.co.uk/

I promise to pay �10 to the charity of Bomb Jacks choice if Widnes Millionaires finish above the battling underdogs Crusaders RL. I OWE A TENNER!

http://www.jaxaxe.co...89/Default.aspx

10 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Read the articles on that site, it’s the sort of journalism this game needs. The likes of Schofield and Studd are the old era and need eradicating, it’s descriptive, effortlessly brilliant stuff like this article that’s needed. 

Couldn't agree more

35 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

A treiziste is someone who covers up rugby yawnion magazines (or if not available, football) with Forty-20 or RLW in WH Smith. That’s the benchmark.

When I took my son to his first under 6s rugby training session (Union sadly, there isn’t a League team within 100 miles of where we live), I deliberately wore a Saints shirt so they knew I wasn’t one of them - do I qualify?

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

When I took my son to his first under 6s rugby training session (Union sadly, there isn’t a League team within 100 miles of where we live), I deliberately wore a Saints shirt so they knew I wasn’t one of them - do I qualify?

Yes. Your son would qualify as a treiziste if he plays the ball with the foot when playing touch rugby at the yawnion club.

18 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Where do you live if you don’t mind me asking?

On 27/04/2020 at 21:18, Eddie said:

You need to use the RU facilities, the bar, enjoy the company and friendship of the other club members and then slag off RU and anyone who plays or likes it once you're out of earshot of them to really qualify. Then repeat for 30 years and become a mod here.

3 minutes ago, langpark said:

Hmmm.  Whoever wrote that, says a treiziste must be anti-Israel Folau.  So here we have (presumably) an Englishman, coming in telling the majority of actual treizistes (French RL fans) that they are in fact not, but he is.

Thats the point though. As an English variant of that it means something different!

20 minutes ago, langpark said:

Not at all.  I just think it was something that didn't even need to be mentioned at all.

Its meant to be like that. Be you a Treiziste, fervent traditionalist, hipster rugby league fan, a southern evangelist or even an actual french treiziste.

12 hours ago, Celt said:

I think you could be on to something here!!  I'll have a go at the definition based on that.

"A Treiziste.... is somebody who votes for Brexit because they are 'sick of foreigners coming over ere and nickin our jobs'.  They live in a somewhat backward former UKIP stronghold and love talking about WWII and buying poppy-themed tat.  When their local village team had to play Toulouse, they booed loudly as they felt quite strongly that non-English teams should not be in their league.  They have a strong distrust of anything European, and have no idea as to the origins of the word Treiziste"

Something like that?

NB: Before the Offended Bus arrives - I would like to clarify, that thankfully such people absolutely do not really exist within the Rugby League community.  

Slightly off subject (But you will get it:)

2 years ago at half term we had a break in during the night at our villa in Catalonia I woke up and a (We think Romanian Gypsy) was standing there in the living room holding a knife he ran off through the garden doors with my wifes handbag containing her passport one of our boys and her British residents biometric card ?

Only way she could get a new one was to fly to Moscow on a temporary passport visit the British consulate and apply (Waiting time maybe as much as 3/4 months) and the soccer World Cup had just started.

Anyway to cut a long story short I contacted our local MP Tom Tugendhat and asked for help he was brilliant wrote to Sajid Javid who was Home Secretary at the time who contacted the British consulate in Moscow and turned it around in a few days (Tom told me his wife was French Russian and like our family they speak Russian at home all day) Anyway when I informed some friends in the local pub that our local MP had been brilliant one of them started banging the bar with his fist shouting Tugendhat pro EU b-----d we should kick him out the tory party b---y traitor should be shot  :(((((((

Archived