RL Back Chat - Thur 29 Apr (now with Youtube link)

1 hour ago, Angelic Cynic said:

**Pedant mode**

As a follower of another club,I think you mean,loathe,when it comes to Mr Beaumont.

**Prescient mode**

I bet he mentions money.

In these times of so much financial uncertainty anybody and especially club owners would be mentioning money on a RL magazine programme, even the paupers of this site talk about money.

• John Drake changed the title to RL Back Chat - Thur 29 Apr (now with Youtube link)
On 01/05/2020 at 07:56, Harry Stottle said:

No comments on this programme?

Perhaps the arch villain spoke to much sense and dissapointed those ready to rip in!

Says Harry who also hasnt made a comment on the content of the program.

Why dont you start us off?

6 minutes ago, rhinos78 said:

Says Harry who also hasnt made a comment on the content of the program.

Why dont you start us off?

I did I implied Mr Beaumont spoke a lot of sense, that sentance alone should have been quite enough like waving the red rag at a bull to generate a reaction from those who criticise everything he says or does, I was merely suggesting with no recorded comments that people must have been in agreement with him.

............. and your good self Rhino?

24 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

I did I implied Mr Beaumont spoke a lot of sense, that sentance alone should have been quite enough like waving the red rag at a bull to generate a reaction from those who criticise everything he says or does, I was merely suggesting with no recorded comments that people must have been in agreement with him.

............. and your good self Rhino?

A lot of sense on what content? Nice try, but no.

I enjoyed it, thought both Derek and Harrison were very good. Both get a lot of stick but i like them, could listen to them talk RL all day.

On the talking points, the promotion + relegation, im 100% with Derek, promotion and no relegation this year, 13 teams, promotion and no relegation next year, 14 teams, throw the parachute payments saved from no relegation into the pot. Cant see what good promoting a team this year does, just to relegate 2 next, as Derek said, your almost guaranteeing the promoted team goes back down, they have it hard enough with just one getting relegated.

35 minutes ago, rhinos78 said:

A lot of sense on what content? Nice try, but no.

I enjoyed it, thought both Derek and Harrison were very good. Both get a lot of stick but i like them, could listen to them talk RL all day.

On the talking points, the promotion + relegation, im 100% with Derek, promotion and no relegation this year, 13 teams, promotion and no relegation next year, 14 teams, throw the parachute payments saved from no relegation into the pot. Cant see what good promoting a team this year does, just to relegate 2 next, as Derek said, your almost guaranteeing the promoted team goes back down, they have it hard enough with just one getting relegated.

Thanks for the reply Rhino, Derek if I recall correctly stated that he has twice been in the situation of being relegated and two going down as was the proposal for what would effectively be the 2021 season, he said that would make it doubly more difficult for a promoted Championship team to maintain it's SL status, I have read your reply back a couple of times and am at a loss if you are in agreement with him or not.

Incidentally when Leigh were relegated in '17 they finished second last.

37 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Thanks for the reply Rhino, Derek if I recall correctly stated that he has twice been in the situation of being relegated and two going down as was the proposal for what would effectively be the 2021 season, he said that would make it doubly more difficult for a promoted Championship team to maintain it's SL status, I have read your reply back a couple of times and am at a loss if you are in agreement with him or not.

Incidentally when Leigh were relegated in '17 they finished second last.

Yeah im in agreement with him..."im 100% with Derek"

Relegating 2 in 21' is nothing more than lip service to the promoted team imo, your giving them the carrot of promotion with the caveat that your making it nearly impossible for them to stay up, saying 'nearly impossible' sounds extreme i admit, but looking at how promoted teams have faired over the years, finishing outside the bottom 2 in there first year is a huge ask. 

For me, you have to give them a fighting chance.

2 hours ago, rhinos78 said:

Yeah im in agreement with him..."im 100% with Derek"

Relegating 2 in 21' is nothing more than lip service to the promoted team imo, your giving them the carrot of promotion with the caveat that your making it nearly impossible for them to stay up, saying 'nearly impossible' sounds extreme i admit, but looking at how promoted teams have faired over the years, finishing outside the bottom 2 in there first year is a huge ask. 

For me, you have to give them a fighting chance.

My sentiments entirely, but I would prefer it to still have P&R in its proper format than to protect certain teams from the jeopardy of relegation, interestingly Derek did not have Toronto as favourites for relegation, I wonder who he had in mind?

12 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

My sentiments entirely, but I would prefer it to still have P&R in its proper format than to protect certain teams from the jeopardy of relegation, interestingly Derek did not have Toronto as favourites for relegation, I wonder who he had in mind?

For me its Toronto or Hulk KR...

As a Leeds fan iv been in many discussions over the years because i dont rate McDermott as a coach, despite all the trophies that point to me being massively wrong. Torontos struggles this season havnt suprised me one bit, neither has all the crazy offloads and aimlessly throwing the ball around. He isnt a coach that gets teams playing above the sum of there parts with a great structure or gameplan imo, he's obviously got his attributes, For me, those attributes dont suit this Toronto squad in superleague, when the parts arnt better than the opposition, a McDermott team will struggle more than most...Again, to avoid yet another McDermott discussion, this is just my opinion. Hull KR just seem to lack the punch and strike needed, and are always beset with injurys. Think a lot depends on if Toronto get any run of home games this season, which looks unlikely.

Who do you think Derek meant?

12 minutes ago, rhinos78 said:

As a Leeds fan iv been in many discussions over the years because i dont rate McDermott as a coach, despite all the trophies that point to me being massively wrong. Torontos struggles this season havnt suprised me one bit, neither has all the crazy offloads and aimlessly throwing the ball around. He isnt a coach that gets teams playing above the sum of there parts with a great structure or gameplan imo, he's obviously got his attributes, For me, those attributes dont suit this Toronto squad in superleague, when the parts arnt better than the opposition, a McDermott team will struggle more than most...Again, to avoid yet another McDermott discussion, this is just my opinion. Hull KR just seem to lack the punch and strike needed, and are always beset with injurys. Think a lot depends on if Toronto get any run of home games this season, which looks unlikely.

Even after all his "Mr Hudgell and me are singing from the same hymm sheet" I think that he was favouring his team for the drop, I think that he wouldn't mind swopping places with his friend Neil.

But, I have Fev as my favourites for promotion albeit I think they would really struggle if they got to SL void of the DR lads from Leeds.

14 minutes ago, rhinos78 said:

Even after all his "Mr Hudgell and me are singing from the same hymm sheet" I think that he was favouring his team for the drop, I think that he wouldn't mind swopping places with his friend Neil.

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

But, I have Fev as my favourites for promotion albeit I think they would really struggle if they got to SL void of the DR lads from Leeds.

Yeah Fev are a good team, i pay for Rovers TV, initially to watch Leeds duel reg lads, but now iv grew into a bit of a fev fan, not to the extent of Leeds obviously but Fevs results genuinely affect my mood. Enjoy watching championship games more than most superleague games that dont feature Leeds. 

Think there was a great season building there, it would be tough to call whoever made it to the playoffs...Some good teams who are well worth a crack in superleague. 

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

What he actually said was that he thought Toronto would pick up wins when they get a run of home games - which seems to assume that they will actually have home games this season!

13 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

What he actually said was that he thought Toronto would pick up wins when they get a run of home games - which seems to assume that they will actually have home games this season!

Yeah I got that Paul, but didn't quite understand it everything I have read assumes that there will be no travel to Canada and if the league does resume Toronto will play all there games *here and we will be minus the two French clubs.

*If has as been suggested all SL games are played at one venue (each round, for the purpose of Sky) then it is irrespective where Toronto play as nearly all teams will be playing away, the best venue will be the one with the most changing facilities, but they would proberbly still have to bring in extra portakabin's to utilise - that is if portakabin's are available.

Championship club's would most likely use their own facilities do you think?

But really, I don't expect a resumption for a long time yet.

Archived