Jordan Cox RIP

This is very sad news to read.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Really dreadful news.

Can't think of what else to say apart from my best wishes and thoughts to his family and all who knew him close.

RIP.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Terribly sad news.

Jordan played for East Hull as a kid with my brother. We used to give him a lift home from training fairly often.

One of my favourite memories was we had picked our kid up from East Park one winter after training (maybe u13s) and as we started to drive home we saw Coxy stood at the bus stop completely caked in mud, with that massive grin on his face.

So we pull up and said, what are you doing, Coxy? Look at the state of you.

He goes, I'm just getting the bus home.

He didn't even have a bag for his boots he was just holding them in his hands. Well we just laughed and told him to jump in because there wasn't a bus driver on earth that would have let him on.

He used to try and convince me that if it wasn't for Rugby League he'd be a Dolce & Gabanna model.

He once had an operation after falling ill during a game and when he was well enough me and my mate (we all sponsored Jordan at the time as he had just broken through at Rovers) went round to see him. He had this little dog and he bloody loved it. 

At Rovers events I always ended up on the same table as him somehow and we used to laugh and joke about different stuff. Some of his team mates used to say he looked like a horse so it came as no surprise when Ben Fisher wandered up one time and put a bowl of sugar cubes in front of him haha.

I don't generally use social media or forums to express my feelings when someone I know has passed away but I will make an exception here.

He was a big daft lad with a smile wider than the Humber, and an infectious personality. He was a good kid. A really good kid. He never really changed from that lad we picked up at the bus stop all those years ago.

Rest easy, old friend. 

10 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

Terribly sad news.

Jordan played for East Hull as a kid with my brother. We used to give him a lift home from training fairly often.

One of my favourite memories was we had picked our kid up from East Park one winter after training (maybe u13s) and as we started to drive home we saw Coxy stood at the bus stop completely caked in mud, with that massive grin on his face.

He didn't even have a bag for his boots he was just holding them in his hands. Well we just laughed and told him to jump in because there wasn't a bus driver on earth that would have let him on.

He used to try and convince me that if it wasn't for Rugby League he'd be a Dolce & Gabanna model.

He once had an operation after falling ill during a game and when he was well enough me and my mate (we all sponsored Jordan at the time as he had just broken through at Rovers) went round to see him. He had this little dog and he bloody loved it. 

At Rovers events I always ended up on the same table as him somehow and we used to laugh and joke about different stuff. Some of his team mates used to say he looked like a horse so it came as no surprise when Ben Fisher wandered up one time and put a bowl of sugar cubes in front of him haha.

I don't generally use social media or forums to express my feelings when someone I know has passed away but I will make an exception here.

He was a big daft lad with a smile wider than the Humber, and an infectious personality. He was a good kid. A really good kid. He never really changed from that lad we picked up at the bus stop all those years ago.

Rest easy, old friend. 

I`m sorry for your loss, and all his friends and family. He sounds like he was a great lad, as much as you can try and celebrate the time you got to spend with him.

12 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

Terribly sad news.

Rest easy, old friend. 

Thank You!

It’s nice to get a glimpse of the person behind the name and the image we conjure  up in our minds. Even from a distance he always came across as a really genuine lad, always smiling and spreading a bit of fun. Very very sad to hear he’s gone

My condolences and thoughts to his family and friends 

RIP young man

15 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

Terribly sad news.

Rest easy, old friend. 

Lovely sentiments mate, sorry for your loss.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

Archived