What historical/legendary RL moments did you watch live?

Wigan beating Manly in the WCC with all English players at Central Park. The one non Englishman Graeme West was an unused sub.

The 1989 Challenge Cup Semi Final at Maine Road Wigan v Warrington when Joe Lydon hit his world record length drop goal.

1980 All Hull final.

1990 1st test at Wembley.

1990 Regional select v Australia at Cascassonne when Australians refused to pass to Dale Shearer who was on the wing and he eventually came in field to try and touch the ball. Sat next to Mal Meninga in stand who knew about this in advance.

1994 12 man GB beat 13 man Australia at Wembley

1994 Meninga's last test.(and then record winning margin for Australia in a test)

1997 London Broncos beat Canberra Raiders

Catalans cup win.

Toronto first league game (as opposed to friendlies)

My wife complains I selfishly stop her fulfilling her true ambition -

she really wants to be a rich widow

46 minutes ago, wiganermike said:

Wigan beating Manly in the WCC with all English players at Central Park. The one non Englishman Graeme West was an unused sub.

The 1989 Challenge Cup Semi Final at Maine Road Wigan v Warrington when Joe Lydon hit his world record length drop goal.

After Wire were robbed by the high hit on Woody ?

As a teenager watched a Club side beating the Queensland Origin team  ,  the famous Bradford, Jeff Grayson led, walk off  in the Premiership Trophy and  The Invincible's of '82 giving British RL a rude awakening.

Sheffield beating Wigan at Wembley another that stands out. 

2 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

As a teenager watched a Club side beating the Queensland Origin team  ,  the famous Bradford, Jeff Grayson led, walk off  in the Premiership Trophy and  The Invincible's of '82 giving British RL a rude awakening.

Doncaster winning at St Helens was a corker.

1 minute ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Was it ever. My abiding memory of the Boothferry Park test is Les Dyl's attempt to stop Mal Meninga en route to the goal line. Dyl nearly landed on us such was the force of Meninga's hand-off. The Kangaroos were playing a different game to us. 

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

13 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

Doncaster winning at St Helens was a corker.

The Tony Fisher Donny of  Vila Mata'utia , Audley Pennant, Sonny Whakaru, Wayne Jackson, Jamie Bloem, Terry Manning  et al..

Great days in Doncaster history and miles away from anything else they have ever done.  

56 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

The Tony Fisher Donny of  Vila Mata'utia , Audley Pennant, Sonny Whakaru, Wayne Jackson, Jamie Bloem, Terry Manning  et al..

Great days in Doncaster history and miles away from anything else they have ever done.  

Some good players there.

Wally Lewis v Peter Sterling... both debut in trinity v hull game at Belle Vue in 82... watched Henry Paul play for the junior kiwis at Wembley.... Martin Offiah’s Wigan debut... 

oh and widnes beating Canberra at old Trafford...

I have seen the first two moments in this thread. I saw the Wide to West match, one of only 8,000 or so who was there. Also saw Adrian Morley walk after 12 seconds, with the bloke behind me calling Kearns a soft Aussie ##### who took a dive!

Justin Holbrook being sat in the stand for what wasn’t actually his first game vs Hull at Magic Weekend was a pretty seminal moment in our last ten or so years. Hull looked good at the time and most expected a Hull win, to then see Saints play how we did and wipe the floor with what was a good Hull side was a big moment.

It was also the day Ben Barba was at Magic and ended up being a Saints player. While he went away having won no team awards, he was, at his best, a superb player. Sadly, the end of his spell was spoilt by injury and him grieving for a grandparent. 

Archived