Forty years ago today...

Did anything interesting happen in the world of Rugby League?

Nope, can't think of anything.

That is all...

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

27 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

That is all...

HKR 10 HULL 5 some where in london 

Nobody seems to have come up with owt interesting yet.

Looks like I was correct then.

With Halloween coming up I decided to go to my local fancy dress shop to see if I could get a Dracula costume. After a few minutes the assistant handed me a Hull KR shirt asking "Is this suitable?", I replied "I think you may have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a count."

43 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

That is all...

Let's remind you eh!!!! Little poor Hull FC got embarrassed by the biggest club in Hull. On Hulls biggest day in sport!! Just imagine that, against your biggest rivals in the biggest game of the year and Hull fc lost hahahahahahahahaha ha ah!! 

It must have been a great occasion for the city of Hull to have both teams reach the CC final.

I didn't know much about the rivalry, but according to the RL project website it's 47 wins each, with 2 draws. Plus the honours are similar too - just a few more CC wins for Hull FC.

It looks like a fairly even rivalry.

44 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

Let's remind you eh!!!! Little poor Hull FC got embarrassed by the biggest club in Hull. On Hulls biggest day in sport!! Just imagine that, against your biggest rivals in the biggest game of the year and Hull fc lost hahahahahahahahaha ha ah!! 

Proof if ever any were needed that this poster is a troll.

18 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

It must have been a great occasion for the city of Hull to have both teams reach the CC final.

I didn't know much about the rivalry, but according to the RL project website it's 47 wins each, with 2 draws. Plus the honours are similar too - just a few more CC wins for Hull FC.

It looks like a fairly even rivalry.

Not sure about those stats, if memory serves I think we're a few wins to the good. I'll have a look and get back.

Edit : I tthought as much...

236 games played in all, Hull winning 120, Hull KR 106 with 10 draws.

6 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Not sure about those stats, if memory serves I think we're a few wins to the good. I'll have a look and get back.

Edit : I tthought as much...

236 games played in all, Hull winning 120, Hull KR 106 with 10 draws.

Thanks. Maybe I searched incorrectly, I don't know. I obviously missed out a load of games.

Still a close rivalry though.

46 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Proof if ever any were needed that this poster is a troll.

How am I a troll, I've give you what you wanted!! Another bizarre post from you!! Have a lovely Hull KR Sunday 10-5

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

That is all...

Nothing at all but it was the first time I'd ever watched Tiswas in bed.

Which was nice.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

1 minute ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Can't think of anything RL-wise?

That's the spirit!

58 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

How am I a troll

No self respecting Hull KR fan would ever call themselves "Hullfan" unless they were a troll.

26 minutes ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Was it not close to the Iranian Embassy siege; world snooker final; Bank Holiday weekend❓

Yep - finished a couple of days after Wembley, on the bank holiday. I was on a Widnes schoolboys RL tour to London (we played Surrey u-11s and Middlesex-u11s IIRC) a year later and the Iranian embassy was one of the things all us kids wanted to see.

3 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

That is all...

Was everyone across the north of England busy celebrating the 33rd anniversary of the sport's premier derby gracing Wembley stadium?

52 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

No self respecting Hull KR fan would ever call themselves "Hullfan" unless they were a troll.

I'm not a fan of either club, we've been through this!!! Enjoy Hull KR Sunday!!! 

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Sally James ?

1 hour ago, Lowdesert said:

Gubrats beat me to it.  She has a lot to answer for.

Read my mind the pair of you.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

"TISWAS"

"Today is Saturday, watch and smile!" 

image.jpeg.a1ff1ba5ac3c6a1ac9a677246239e487.jpeg

Hmmmm...as regards Sally James, I'm thinking other words that could go with that...

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

"TISWAS"

"Today is Saturday, watch and smile!" 

image.jpeg.a1ff1ba5ac3c6a1ac9a677246239e487.jpeg

Hmmmm...as regards Sally James, I'm thinking other words that could go with that...

Lot of pictures of Sally wearing either a school uniform or knee length boots , not forgetting one like this that is quite low cut ?

Archived