Alliance cup final

ernieone

Another top alliance cup match 26/9/1998, the match this time was at the Mount against St Helens but who was playing for Batley.

1, CL 2, SS 3, NS 4, CR 5, CS 6, SJ 7, NC

8, PC 9, CS 10, NH 11, PH 12, JM 13, WC

14, AF 15, NB 16, MS 17, SC 18, JD

Both teams had 18 man squads in the programme 

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

10 hours ago, ernieone said:

Says Mark Stott in the programme ? but yes it was Mark  Scott and Bradbook is right too.

Just 8, PC & 11, PH left

8.paul cooper

11.paul halloran

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

7 minutes ago, redditchbulldog said:

was that the game that fights broke out a few times on the pitch and at one time there were 2 saints players holding i think Scotty whilst a 3rd player came in to to punch him

correct. 

i was stood behind top sticks and watched it happen right in front of me.

thought my Father was going vault the old railings and chin the "cowardly T**TS" as he described them....

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

5 hours ago, redditchbulldog said:

was that the game that fights broke out a few times on the pitch and at one time there were 2 saints players holding i think Scotty whilst a 3rd player came in to to punch him

Mark Scott involved in a fist fight?

Sounds unlikely...! (Ahem) 

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur

37 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Hardwick 

and the saints chairman didn't want the final been played at batley 

wellens played at full back 

ah yes....Hardwick...didn't he come from Bradford with Roger Simpson and Dave Turpin in the deal that saw Glen Tomlinson go to Odsal?

Talking to Neil Hartley today about it he said it was a brilliant season and they where done out of it.

Archived