World Cup Fixtures - England group games

8 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

https://www.stadia-magazine.com/news/tournament-venue/rugby-league-world-cup-2021.html

came across this story earlier.

It says England’s group games will be at Newcastle, Bolton and Sheffield. Was this common knowledge? Did we know this?

Yep, when the venues were announced in 2019 it said where the England games would be, although not obviously who the opponents would be at that stage. We also know that England’s quarterfinal would be at Anfield and Semifinal would be at Emirates if they make it that far. 

40 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

https://www.stadia-magazine.com/news/tournament-venue/rugby-league-world-cup-2021.html

came across this story earlier.

It says England’s group games will be at Newcastle, Bolton and Sheffield. Was this common knowledge? Did we know this?

Think everyone knew about Newcastle hosting England’s first game (against Greece I think) and being the opening ceremony. Didn’t know about Sheffield and Bolton

53 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Think everyone knew about Newcastle hosting England’s first game (against Greece I think) and being the opening ceremony. Didn’t know about Sheffield and Bolton

Its Samoa at Newcastle in the opener.

1 hour ago, Toby Chopra said:

Yep, when the venues were announced in 2019 it said where the England games would be, although not obviously who the opponents would be at that stage. We also know that England’s quarterfinal would be at Anfield and Semifinal would be at Emirates if they make it that far. 

Will probably go to every one of those bar Bolton.

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Will probably go to every one of those bar Bolton.

My plan is the opener and all the knockouts, but if I can manage another trip north, I'd quite like to see a decent match up in a proper rugby stadium. I haven't been to Headingley since it was rebuilt so Tonga vs PNG there would be the dream fixture!

Just now, Toby Chopra said:

My plan is the opener and all the knockouts, but if I can manage another trip north, I'd quite like to see a decent match up in a proper rugby stadium. I haven't been to Headingley since it was rebuilt so Tonga vs PNG there would be the dream fixture!

Got a feeling Headingley (and Leeds) will play host to either a big side like Tonga or NZ, or will be the base for Jamaica

A friend of my other half works at Sheffield United and the word is England v Greece. I am not sure how reliable his source is but let’s see.

2 hours ago, Maxi mum said:

A friend of my other half works at Sheffield United and the word is England v Greece. I am not sure how reliable his source is but let’s see.

I would have thought Greece will be less of a drawcard than France.  Hence why I would have guessed the opposite, Greece match at Bolton, since it holds 4000 less than Bramall Lane.  But time will tell I suppose.  My goal is to take the entire month off and go to all 31 matches!

I will be aiming to be at all England Games plus whatever goes on in Coventry and will try to sneak in a Scotland game or two depending on where and when once the fixture list is out.

BUT unless there is a covid-19 vaccine developed by the end of the year, at what point should we start to get concerned about the World Cup going ahead as planned ?

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

Archived