Jump to content

World Cup Fixtures - England group games


Recommended Posts


8 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

https://www.stadia-magazine.com/news/tournament-venue/rugby-league-world-cup-2021.html
 

came across this story earlier.

It says England’s group games will be at Newcastle, Bolton and Sheffield. Was this common knowledge? Did we know this?

Yep, when the venues were announced in 2019 it said where the England games would be, although not obviously who the opponents would be at that stage. We also know that England’s quarterfinal would be at Anfield and Semifinal would be at Emirates if they make it that far. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, welshmagpie said:

https://www.stadia-magazine.com/news/tournament-venue/rugby-league-world-cup-2021.html
 

came across this story earlier.

It says England’s group games will be at Newcastle, Bolton and Sheffield. Was this common knowledge? Did we know this?

Think everyone knew about Newcastle hosting England’s first game (against Greece I think) and being the opening ceremony. Didn’t know about Sheffield and Bolton

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

Think everyone knew about Newcastle hosting England’s first game (against Greece I think) and being the opening ceremony. Didn’t know about Sheffield and Bolton

Its Samoa at Newcastle in the opener.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Toby Chopra said:

Yep, when the venues were announced in 2019 it said where the England games would be, although not obviously who the opponents would be at that stage. We also know that England’s quarterfinal would be at Anfield and Semifinal would be at Emirates if they make it that far. 

Will probably go to every one of those bar Bolton.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Will probably go to every one of those bar Bolton.

My plan is the opener and all the knockouts, but if I can manage another trip north, I'd quite like to see a decent match up in a proper rugby stadium. I haven't been to Headingley since it was rebuilt so Tonga vs PNG there would be the dream fixture!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Toby Chopra said:

My plan is the opener and all the knockouts, but if I can manage another trip north, I'd quite like to see a decent match up in a proper rugby stadium. I haven't been to Headingley since it was rebuilt so Tonga vs PNG there would be the dream fixture!

Got a feeling Headingley (and Leeds) will play host to either a big side like Tonga or NZ, or will be the base for Jamaica

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A friend of my other half works at Sheffield United and the word is England v Greece. I am not sure how reliable his source is but let’s see.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Maxi mum said:

A friend of my other half works at Sheffield United and the word is England v Greece. I am not sure how reliable his source is but let’s see.

I would have thought Greece will be less of a drawcard than France.  Hence why I would have guessed the opposite, Greece match at Bolton, since it holds 4000 less than Bramall Lane.  But time will tell I suppose.  My goal is to take the entire month off and go to all 31 matches!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I will be aiming to be at all England Games plus whatever goes on in Coventry and will try to sneak in a Scotland game or two depending on where and when once the fixture list is out.

BUT unless there is a covid-19 vaccine developed by the end of the year, at what point should we start to get concerned about the World Cup going ahead as planned ?

 

Quote

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...