Sonny Bill Williams to fight Mike Tyson

It has been reported in the media that $onny Bill Williams will fight Iron Mike Tyson for 1-3 million.

Apparently he has a clause in his contract to allow him to Box in the off season and Toronto have given the fight its blessing.

Good luck Sonny, there is a recent clip of Tyson hitting the training pads and he looked like he can still move.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

It’ll be good publicity for rugby league and Toronto Wolfpack in North America if nothing else 

Unless , as Jeff Fenech says , he gets ‘put in the morgue ! ‘

Get as much publicity out of this as you possibly can, Rugby League because it simply isn't happening.

Nobody in their right mind let's Tyson get back in there. He was gone 15 years ago. It is OK looking good on the bags and pads but there are OAPs who look good on the bags and pads too.

People who say Tyson will destroy SBW are wrong and are only saying it because it is Mike Tyson. 

Sport doesn't have or need to see this. 

9 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

Get as much publicity out of this as you possibly can, Rugby League because it simply isn't happening.

Nobody in their right mind let's Tyson get back in there. He was gone 15 years ago. It is OK looking good on the bags and pads but there are OAPs who look good on the bags and pads too.

People who say Tyson will destroy SBW are wrong and are only saying it because it is Mike Tyson. 

Yeah I’d put this with the talk about Eubank and Benn fighting again that was talked about earlier this year. I loved watching them in their prime but apart from the car crash value this really is something I don’t need to see. 

9 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

I think Miriam Margolyes v  Brenda from Bristol would've been more interesting.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

It definitely won't happen. If it did I'm of the opinion that Sonny Bill wouldn't be playing rugby for quite some time. And that goes for any other rugby player. They'd get pummelled. The speed and power demonstrated by Tyson for a 53 year old was amazing. But he hasn't been hit back yet, for me that's the big question. In any case he only wants to do exhibitions. I don't think Fury or Joshua will be overly concerned. But yes I'd love to see him in action again, but that's just me being a massive Mike Tyson fan,seeing him in his pomp and where he ended up was really sad. For me he would've been the greatest boxer ever if he could've kept his head straight. 

On 08/05/2020 at 21:10, Snowys Backside said:

Tyson would ruin him

An overage Botha gave Williams a lesson too. Cw9 publicity stunts even if it was true  

A very below average fighter at his best Kevin McBride KO Tyson in his last fight

9 hours ago, SL17 said:

You must be joking.. ?

The old man would not make it through her first round...all Sonny Bill has to do is get out of the first minute or two and the match would be his over the dinosaur....simple.

This would probably be the most anticipated match up since Rocky Balboa took on Thunderlips.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

12 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

The old man would not make it through her first round...all Sonny Bill has to do is get out of the first minute or two and the match would be his over the dinosaur....simple.

you would have lost a player for while in first few seconds.would be like get kicked by a moose.:kolobok_training1::kolobok_hunter:  or bigfoot.

48 minutes ago, silverback said:

you would have lost a player for while in first few seconds.would be like get kicked by a moose.:kolobok_training1::kolobok_hunter:  or bigfoot.

Ahhh.... Sonny Bill would easily take it.   Plus the old gal ain't what she used to be and has arthritis so she can't hit as hard as she used to.

24 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

Ahhh.... Sonny Bill would easily take it.   Plus the old gal ain't what she used to be and has arthritis so she can't hit as hard as she used to.

I’m thousands of miles away from Tyson but he’s such a scary human being I still wouldn’t say that ... 

Archived