Sonny Bill Williams to fight Mike Tyson

Why do people think a 53 year old Mike Tyson would be any good? He was garbage 15 years ago.

SBW has boxed professionally and is undefeated, it's not like pulling a bloke off the street. Everyone has this romantic notion about Tyson and thinks back to his glory days as a young man as it's the same person. The bloke smokes weed every day for crying out loud.

He might have chance early if he connected but he'd soon fade. SBW is a big man and would likely manage to avoid Tyson for the first minute or two until he gassed out.

All pointless anyway apart from from a publicity stand point.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

On 08/05/2020 at 10:18, Allora said:

It has been reported in the media that $onny Bill Williams will fight Iron Mike Tyson for 1-3 million.

Apparently he has a clause in his contract to allow him to Box in the off season and Toronto have given the fight its blessing.

Good luck Sonny, there is a recent clip of Tyson hitting the training pads and he looked like he can still move.

Pads don't hit back.

Don't forget 15 years ago a very below average fighter at his best called Kevin McBride Knocked Tyson out, and before that a very average British fighter called Danny Williams knocked him out.

On 08/05/2020 at 07:53, DoubleD said:

It’ll be good publicity for rugby league and Toronto Wolfpack in North America if nothing else 

Really?

It seems to me that it shows what a waste of money Williams has and will be.

If he and Toronto barely play this season then it's been (sadly) even more wasted money.

To be fair it might well mean that quite a bit of money had been lost on a number of players of a certain age this season.

Actually... even as I type this I wonder if some sort of seniors competition, and rules might be an idea. 40 minute games, 3 meter rule, substitutions, time outs, no shot clock etc.   ???

1 hour ago, lucky 7 said:

Pads don't hit back.

Don't forget 15 years ago a very below average fighter at his best called Kevin McBride Knocked Tyson out, and before that a very average British fighter called Danny Williams knocked him out.

Cheers Bruce.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

13 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

I think age is catching up with you and you are getting confused ?

image.gif

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

Archived