TWP again - how dare they.......

21 hours ago, ojx said:

UK based.

Yes I saw that bit , but not where in the UK ? , As I see now it's apparently Rochdale ? , which is fine , although I'd have assumed Rochdale might have already been doing it 

As Scotchy has suggested , something in South Wales might have been worthwhile IMO

4 hours ago, TIWIT said:

The death of the CFL - and once upon a time that was my favourite sport - will not be mourned by me. It is a third-rate game now - a good NCAA team could beat any CFL team, when once upon a time a good CFL team was competitive with a lesser NFL team. I say let the CFL go and its fans can go back to the game's roots and follow their local university teams. Most of which are already on life-support.

Besides, the death of the CFL opens the door for rugby. And with teams in Toronto and Ottawa already it would put RL one up on RU who only have the one team and they are part of a league very likely to be killed off by Covid-19 as well.

Maybe we need Montreal sooner than planned.

new rise.jpg

18 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

But read what I said previously in my first post LD, I suggested if Toronto are going to spend money over here which I should imagine they will have to do, it would be better spent promoting the game in Canada, I have asked numerous times in this thread now, after the introduction through their seemingly excellent FULL80 programme to the good people of those Toronto districts, what is the next rung in the ladder for the converts, how do they advance in their appreciation of the game and get further involvement?

PS, C'mon Dav stop hiding behind the couch, you have criticised me for simply asking a question, let us all share in your wisdom please, tell us what you know.

Take a break H as your coming across  as sad,bitter and at times divisive individual,something I'm sure/hope your usually not.

FWIW it's a great initiative that will improve the lives/ health of the community in which they have based themselves and due to the ongoing tragedy continue to be based in this country.

Enjoy your day.

6 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Take a break H as your coming across  as sad,bitter and at times divisive individual,something I'm sure/hope your usually not.

FWIW it's a great initiative that will improve the lives/ health of the community in which they have based themselves and due to the ongoing tragedy continue to be based in this country.

Enjoy your day.

Without wanting to sound sad, bitter and divisive, I take it that no one know's of anything contructive planned or otherwise to take advantage of the FULL80 programme that has been initiated in Canada.

7 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Without wanting to sound sad, bitter and divisive, I take it that no one know's of anything contructive planned or otherwise to take advantage of the FULL80 programme that has been initiated in Canada.

As it seems to have consumed your life,I suggest you take Omott's advice ant get in touch with TWP and see if they are willing to give you a detailed explanation of their planned development strategies for the game in Canada and then we can avoid this thread ending up in the bin like most Toronto threads so often do.

4 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

As it seems to have consumed your life,I suggest you take Omott's advice ant get in touch with TWP and see if they are willing to give you a detailed explanation of their planned development strategies for the game in Canada and then we can avoid this thread ending up in the bin like most Toronto threads so often do.

No need to Dav, as soon as something positive happens it will be reported here.

19 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

No need to Dav, as soon as something positive happens it will be reported here.

So in reality your not really that interested in the subject other than using it as another one of your sticks to beat them with.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

You have the better of me Oxy, I have not read about the "stuff" they are doing in Canada only the FULL80 programme, is there in place any structure or even suggested pathway to take advantage of those who having tried want more?

They weren't that forthcoming beyond we're doing things in Canada putting balls in kids hands, I think they see it as a long game that's not always appreciated, but that's TGG.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

So in reality your not really that interested in the subject other than using it as another one of your sticks to beat them with.

I wasn't beating them at all Dav, just curious as I said in the first post as to why if they are initiating something positive it is not pursued any further.

9 hours ago, TIWIT said:

The death of the CFL - and once upon a time that was my favourite sport - will not be mourned by me. It is a third-rate game now - a good NCAA team could beat any CFL team, when once upon a time a good CFL team was competitive with a lesser NFL team. I say let the CFL go and its fans can go back to the game's roots and follow their local university teams. Most of which are already on life-support.

Besides, the death of the CFL opens the door for rugby. And with teams in Toronto and Ottawa already it would put RL one up on RU who only have the one team and they are part of a league very likely to be killed off by Covid-19 as well.

Not only is the MLR confirmed as going ahead next season, there are two new teams joining in LA and Dallas. But yeah RL will have a big leg up when it goes well in Ottawa.

5 hours ago, Pulga said:

Maybe we need Montreal sooner than planned.

Ottawa would need to work and work well before any attempt to start a team in Montréal.  Outside of Toronto, Ottawa is the only big city over here in America with the kind of demographics favourable to a team playing in an English league and even there that's on a much smaller scale than in Toronto.  The Aces will need to show that attracting a following among francophones for a team playing in an English league is possible (which personally I think is not possible) before anyone would ever invest in a team in Montréal doing that.

54 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

In truth Low , your title invites criticism 

Maybe, but the hammering TWP have had on here far outweighs anything positive.  We’ve seen repeated criticism for no real development work in NA, and rightly so in many respects but this new effort might just encourage more people to get involved and play.

It would be good to see some genuine statistics on the numbers they’ve engaged with though.

1 hour ago, Keith989 said:

Not only is the MLR confirmed as going ahead next season, there are two new teams joining in LA and Dallas. But yeah RL will have a big leg up when it goes well in Ottawa.

I'll believe it when I see it. They already lost one team this year before the virus hit.

6 hours ago, Keith989 said:

I'm glad the MLR is expanding. There will be more jaded fans when it collapses.

new rise.jpg

16 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

I should imagine Omott that if there was any answers available to the questions I posed it would have been shouted loud and clear about "the structured pathways" or "the grassroots format" by the Toronto fans on this site if nothing other than to inform doubters like me.

Likewise why would the Canadian Rugby League be keeping quiet about positive advances to the game over there, it just does not make sense if something is in place to expand and grow on the FULL80 initiative to keep it quiet, does it?

16 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

All I want Oxy is someone to tell me what is being done to grow the game in Canada, all those who are pro the NA 'expansion' don't come forward with any explanation when the question is posed. The FULL80 is very good and I see it as casting the seeds, but to grow those seeds need nurturing and attending to flourish and grow, without that they may as well be cast on a concrete road.

Can you advise me please.

So you want answers but can't be bothered to ask the right people who could answer those questions? Right, your perogative then. 

21 hours ago, Davo5 said:

6 hours ago, Omott91 said:

So you want answers but can't be bothered to ask the right people who could answer those questions? Right, your perogative then. 

OK done, I have taken the advise from the both of you in writing to and requesting information from TWP of the FULL80 initiative they have rolled out in Toronto, and is there any forward planning for those interested enough to take their participation in playing Rugby League to the next level.

Archived