The RFL have definitely got it in for.....

which team?  I recently saw a post on one these forums stating that the RFL have got it in for their team. Tried to find it but couldn't. Think it might be one of the Hull  teams. However, everyone in Oldham knows it's Oldham . The story goes that the RFL tried to suspend player Frank Pitchford and the oldham commitee in 1959 for payment irregularities.  Oldham threatened the high court and the RFL backed down. Since then the myth has been born that the RFL don't like Oldham and every downturn in fortune has been used to confirm this conspiracy. Are there any other fans out there who have such urban myths about their team?

9 minutes ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

Are there any other fans out there who have such urban myths about their team?

Every single fan of every single team. HTH.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everyone knows the answer is Toronto! Or was that the answer to, “the RFL favours this team too much”, I always get those two mixed up.

What is "The RFL"?

It's an organisation made up of a bunch of individuals who change over time...

Is the Oldham conspiracy one which is handed down from generation to generation. Did Fallowfield pull David Oxley to one side in 1974 and whisper, "now there's a couple of things you need to know..." and did Oxley do the same to Lindsay and so on?

One thing's for sure though, the RFL has never had it in for Leeds ?

8 minutes ago, M j M said:

What is "The RFL"?

It's an organisation made up of a bunch of individuals who change over time...

Is the Oldham conspiracy one which is handed down from generation to generation. Did Fallowfield pull David Oxley to one side in 1974 and whisper, "now there's a couple of things you need to know..." and did Oxley do the same to Lindsay and so on?

One thing's for sure though, the RFL has never had it in for Leeds ?

A bit like ' The Presidents secret book ' in the 2 nd National Treasure movie ?

Archived