Championship and League 1 clubs accept null and void reality

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The legal position on refunds is below

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/coronavirus-consumer-rights-claim-refunds-cancelled-concerts/

Persionally I am writing off my London Broncos season ticket and my County Cricket Club memberships for this year and if it was an option, the RFL could convert my 2020 Challenge Cup Final ticket into a 2021 ticket rather than refund me. though I would be appreciative if the Broncos sent me a signed photgraph for the first team squad as acknowledgement in return. I will be asking the same when it comes to Cricket.

Having posted that I am not going to come on here and say I am a better fan than others on this board as I do not know your personal circumstances amnd you may have paid more than me, or been made redundant or furloughed. Many people are having it hard and so justifiably will be seeking a refund.

Its a matter of personal choice based on your circumstances.

When the pinch comes the common people will turn out to be more intelligent than the clever ones. I certainly hope so.

George Orwell

image.png.5fe5424fdf31c5004e2aad945309f68e.png

You either own NFTs or women’s phone numbers but not both

9 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I wonder if the lower league chairmen who are coming round to the idea that their respective leagues won’t be completed are forming contingency plans in way of smaller “leagues” like the NCL or bringing back the Yorkshire Cup again. 

I think realistically they probably aren't. As as STH of a tier 3 union club the very strong noises being made at our level in t'other code are "nothing before pre-season 2021"....

I wonder if there's a case for letting those championship clubs who want to compete for promotion to run a mini-comp later in the year  - London, Leigh, Fev, Toulouse (even if they have to play all games in the UK.) 

30 minutes ago, JonM said:

I wonder if there's a case for letting those championship clubs who want to compete for promotion to run a mini-comp later in the year  - London, Leigh, Fev, Toulouse (even if they have to play all games in the UK.) 

I think there's a case. Difficult one though in terms of whether players can or should be compelled to play, how the fans of those clubs feel about it, and what happens if/when one of those 4 (say) gets taken out by an outbreak. 

I stick by what I've said all along, the ideal is a game wide solution that all clubs abide by. Trying to pull clubs apart within a division (and I accept the Championship is an anomaly because it mixes pro and semi-pro sides) is a recipe for chaos - even within the clubs, never mind between them.

2 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Not really. The money I pay to the club is a payment in exchange for a good or service. That is entrance to a game, a beer, a shirt. 

If they arent providing that good or service I'm just gifting them money. I dont know why it is incumbent on me to gift a very rich man money

Let's be clear on this.If this season is cancelled,you want Caddick to pay £3M back to season ticket holders.On top of that you want him to honour all contracts in full despite having no income,besides paying all other outgoings to run the club.

If the rest of the Leeds fans are like you,then God help him.

I'd be tempted to walk away and save my money, Where would that leave Leeds.

Just now, scotchy1 said:

To avoid paying out circa £5m that you owe, you would walk away from assets worth tens of millions and a businesses that makes money most years.

No.

Read the post.I said I'd be tempted.I see no comment from you on the rest of my post.

46 minutes ago, JonM said:

Not sure you could do that, tbh. 

5 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Not really. The money I pay to the club is a payment in exchange for a good or service. That is entrance to a game, a beer, a shirt. 

If they arent providing that good or service I'm just gifting them money. I dont know why it is incumbent on me to gift a very rich man money

simple solution clubs keep the money while nowt coming in and when we get back to something normal hand out free season tickets to  the  current incumbents

4 hours ago, THE RED ROOSTER said:

The legal position on refunds is below

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/consumer-affairs/coronavirus-consumer-rights-claim-refunds-cancelled-concerts/

Persionally I am writing off my London Broncos season ticket and my County Cricket Club memberships for this year and if it was an option, the RFL could convert my 2020 Challenge Cup Final ticket into a 2021 ticket rather than refund me. though I would be appreciative if the Broncos sent me a signed photgraph for the first team squad as acknowledgement in return. I will be asking the same when it comes to Cricket.

Having posted that I am not going to come on here and say I am a better fan than others on this board as I do not know your personal circumstances amnd you may have paid more than me, or been made redundant or furloughed. Many people are having it hard and so justifiably will be seeking a refund.

Its a matter of personal choice based on your circumstances.

' Signed photograph ' ? , Make sure you wash it when it arrives ?

34 minutes ago, POR said:

simple solution clubs keep the money while nowt coming in and when we get back to something normal hand out free season tickets to  the  current incumbents

And go bust then instead ?

3 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

You would be tempted to given up tens of millions of pounds of assets and a money making business because you refuse to pay people what you owe them?

I am sure he would be able to dispose of the other assets too.If he has to pay out ?5m (your figure) it won't be making much profit. 

10 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

So you want him to liquidate the assets of the business, take the money and then put the business in to administration to avoid paying his liabilities. 

There is a name for what you are describing 

Where the hell did I say that.

On 11/05/2020 at 11:37, scotchy1 said:

Needs must. 

And personally I'm not sure why a guy like caddick who is worth hundreds of millions of pounds needs my money. It wouldn't make a noticeable dent in his personal fortune. 

Caddick?

Paul Caddick?

On 11/05/2020 at 08:25, gingerjon said:

The RFL just void the season and those that don't like it shut up.

Done.

I think realistically the season is over.

It will not in my opinion be financially viable for Championship and Championship 1 clubs to resume playing even behind closed doors,well especially behind closed doors.

And would the clubs and players be allowed to play under these circumstances by their insurers?

I say abandon the season.

15 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Paul. Yes. 

That name very much rings a bell.

He was the MD of a firm in Warrington who I used to work for,CLM,a bald headed bloke.

I think he is a Scouser or from somewhere near to Liverpool.And if my mind serves me right he has or had a few companies.

1 hour ago, Robthegasman said:

That name very much rings a bell.

He was the MD of a firm in Warrington who I used to work for,CLM,a bald headed bloke.

I think he is a Scouser or from somewhere near to Liverpool.And if my mind serves me right he has or had a few companies.

this paul caddick born in C%S 1950

director of 119 companies

ner worth £250 million

Archived