Tigers swoop for Evalds

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Not really happy with this , to me ALL clubs should have just retained existing rota's 

Can't force a contract extension on a player who doesn't want it. Similarly, I imagine clubs wouldn't want to be forced to extend a player they wanted to release. Whether or not we play this year, 2021 is a new year for everyone.  

2 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Disappointed under current reality, very poor show from Cas as breaking ranks openly could open a can of worms

But when was the initial approach before or after playing was suspended? is Evalds out of contract at the end of the season and have Salford offered him a new contract or have Cas payed a transfer fee thus involving the Salford club in the transaction?

Evalds is out of contract at the end of the season whenever that may be. Salford offered him a deal but it seems he picked a 1 year deal at Cas.

Shame the tampering rules didn't move along with the season

I reckon Cas will have had him lined up before 2020 commenced, but didn't see the sence in paying a fee for a player who would become a free agent, of course it isn't supposed to happen but has been since the game began. As for the1 year contract who have Cas got coming off contract at the end of 2021 to free up some extra salary cap?

20 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

Evalds is out of contract at the end of the season whenever that may be. Salford offered him a deal but it seems he picked a 1 year deal at Cas.

Shame the tampering rules didn't move along with the season

I'm confused, how is it tampering? He's not breaking his contract, if we get back on the field he'll be playing for Salford till it expires

1 hour ago, Toby Chopra said:

I'm confused, how is it tampering? He's not breaking his contract, if we get back on the field he'll be playing for Salford till it expires

I thought there was a deadline that out of contract players couldn't be signed before.

28 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

It’s like stealing a blokes trainers after he’s been run over - shocking morals and good to see nobody else making announcements

Clubs aren’t going to stop signing players for next year. What should Evalds do spend a year on the dole while he waits for this to settle down. 

Archived