Tigers swoop for Evalds

22 minutes ago, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

The "final restructure " was decided upon after the 1994/95 season was completed if my memory is correct.

Which would mean that at the outset of the season, Widnes along with all the other clubs had no idea that there were six "relegation " places

I stand corrected on that point but they still weren't relegated due to the condition of their ground on any of the occasions which is what the post I was replying to stated.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Bigboff said:

Would be great to see Evalds paraded in a Tigers shirt with the chairmen of Cas while still a Salford player.....karma.

No it wouldn't, no club should do this, it is petty and disrespectful. I didn't like it when Salford did it but we all know the Doc lacked class.

41 minutes ago, Red Willow said:

No it wouldn't, no club should do this, it is petty and disrespectful. I didn't like it when Salford did it but we all know the Doc lacked class.

I cant remember Salford's fans contempt for their club for the signing of Chase,must of missed it.

2 hours ago, Bigboff said:

I cant remember Salford's fans contempt for their club for the signing of Chase,must of missed it.

Signing someone and paying a fee is one thing, announcing and parading a player under contract and to another club is different especially with  most of the season to still to play.

I think most fans feel the same way about wearing the shirt etc, Salford fans are as vocal as any on the subject especially as we are often on the other end it.

Many fans recall Steadman celebrating at The Willows at the game that relegated Salford too ?

I've been to Wheldon Rd loads of times and can assure people its wrong to call it 19th century.  It's not quite that modern.

Nothing wrong with Evalds emigrating if he out of contract. But a year only? Maybe he's aiming for Australia after that. Just a shame there is no compensation for Salford. 

1 hour ago, JohnM said:

I've been to Wheldon Rd loads of times and can assure people its wrong to call it 19th century.  It's not quite that modern.

Nothing wrong with Evalds emigrating if he out of contract. But a year only? Maybe he's aiming for Australia after that. Just a shame there is no compensation for Salford. 

The bitterness of losing a player is cheering me up endlessly.

As for the ground,hell! Of course its a dump, but usually a packed out dump as opposed to the tumbleweed home of Salford on match days.

1 hour ago, Red Willow said:

Signing someone and paying a fee is one thing, announcing and parading a player under contract and to another club is different....

Oh I see!

Its different now because the boots on the other foot,its so clear!

12 hours ago, Bigboff said:

Would be great to see Evalds paraded in a Tigers shirt with the chairmen of Cas while still a Salford player.....karma.

I know I shouldn't but just run it through me again why,some,Castleford followers showed their propensity for obscenities,when Salford announced in September,presumably at the end of their campaign,the signings of a number of players,one of whom being Rangi Chase,who,they apparently paid a sum of money for - as is the way rugby league conducts their business,and Salford conducted that business without complaint from the Castleford club,or the governing body.

I don't think Castleford had any more games to play,at that point,that year.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12207/8907228/super-league-salford-announce-rangi-chase-and-gareth-hock-amongst-lengthy-list-of-signings

I don't think Castleford have announced the signing of Evalds,as yet...

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

6 minutes ago, Angelic Cynic said:

I know I shouldn't but just run it through me again why,some,Castleford followers showed their propensity for obscenities,when Salford announced in September,presumably at the end of their campaign,the signings of a number of players,one of whom being Rangi Chase,who,they apparently paid a sum of money for - as is the way rugby league conducts their business,and Salford conducted that business without complaint from the Castleford club,or the governing body.

I don't think Castleford had any more games to play,at that point,that year.

https://www.skysports.com/rugby-league/news/12207/8907228/super-league-salford-announce-rangi-chase-and-gareth-hock-amongst-lengthy-list-of-signings

I don't think Castleford have announced the signing of Evalds,as yet...

Thanks for that reply AC I have watched Niall Evalds progress through the ranks at Salford over the 12 years that he has been at the club and I have mixed feelings about his signing for Castleford or more the way that the signing has come to light.

The Red Devil’s response to the way that they view the announcement was made, not sure who released the details first, it definitely wasn’t the Red Devil’s, was quite explicit and in that respect no matter what Niall or his advisors say will convince many people, not just Red Devil’s fans, that is was the correct way to do it.

On the other hand I personally wish Niall all the best at Castleford , they have got a very good player and he should do well.

5 hours ago, Bigboff said:

Oh I see!

Its different now because the boots on the other foot,its so clear!

Really?  Salford have this every year often losing more than one player We are well versed in other clubs announcing players still under contract. 

. I said the Chase signing was badly handled and the Doc had no class. My attitude applies to my own club as well as others.

I have no issues with Evalds leaving and as long as he plays to his potential in the remaining games he will go with best wishes. My issue is announcing players so early is it can often lead to  drop in form obvious to fans who are still paying wages.

Red Willow wrote,

My issue is announcing players so early is it can often lead to  drop in form obvious to fans who are still paying wages.

It should be noted that Castleford have NOT made any official statement.

I have,for many years,been irked by knowing that players were leaving clubs at the time they were playing in important play-off games at the back end of the seasons campaign.

It has been noticed that last year,the London Broncos club had a number of players all known to be leaving long before the season ended.

Although they were relegated no one could criticise them for under-performing - especially some of those players against clubs they had signed for.

Niall Evalds will certainly give 100% because that is his character,personality and professionalism.

I don't think the press can,or should be gagged - and it was good of the Salford club to keep their supporters and sponsors informed.

I no longer think this information 'leaking' out should be stopped.I don't think the sport wants it to be stopped.

Perhaps this hiatus could assist with the matter being addressed by the clubs.That may prevent them considering trying to play again in 2020.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

20 hours ago, Bigboff said:

The bitterness of losing a player is cheering me up endlessly.

As for the ground,hell! Of course its a dump, but usually a packed out dump as opposed to the tumbleweed home of Salford on match days.

Not quite packed out is it?

They average around 7,500 which is decent but it's not packed out, Huddersfield would get hammered if those crowds were at their stadium.

And in my opinion, the Salford fans are the noisiest in the league by a distance.

17 hours ago, Bigboff said:

And long may it continue, we need the cash to get players just coming into their peak from other clubs.

"we need the cash to get players just coming into their peak from other clubs"

save some for a coach, though...and will no -one think of the privvies, though? ??

Seriously for a moment, though. What Cas have achieved over the years is remarkable, given what they've been up against.

3 hours ago, LeeF said:

Only a 1 year deal?

I wonder if a “bigger” club has a vacancy at fullback in 2022 and that is the ultimate end goal?

I can’t think of many clubs he wouldn’t improve. 

Archived