NRL resumption

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Totally agree, get another couple of years under their belts and stick together they may prove to be the team of the decade, along with those you name what about Jordayne Kahu not so young at 29 but never fails to impress and Anthony Milford at 25 wonderful half and there are others also to mention even the old warhorse Darius still does a job, can't wait for the v. Canberra games.

Yeah, i was just focusing on the younger players in there squad in my last post, but like you say, theyv got a few good older heads to lead the way aswel. Unbelievable that Millfords still so young, feels like he's been around forever, Corey Oates and Andrew McCullough are Queensland rep players, Matthew Lodge is a good prop and Alex Glenn and Darius Boyd, whilst well past there best, offer loads of club and rep experience for the young stars to call on.

Liie i said earlier, iv been a Warriors man since i can remember, but the thing im excited about most for the NRL coming back and for the forseeable future, is watching this Broncos team.

7 hours ago, rhinos78 said:

Probably the Broncos if your after a team of young potential, Haas and Fifita are genuine superstars in the making, Pangai Jr is a monster...Kerrigan, flegler and Ofahengaue are also part of a frightening young pack. 

Kotoni Staggs is one of the best young centers in the world, Jermaine Isaako is a young Kiwi international FB/Wing.

Brodie Croft at half, Jake Turpin Hooker/Halfback....

Theyv had a youth movement there with youngsters playing plenty of NRL games. Theres a few below them aswel who are highly rated, Deardon, Coates and Farnworth(English lad) among a few others are all worth keeping an eye on

Great, will definitely be watching their games. A hungry team of up and coming talent looking to turn over the existing order is always a good watch. 

12 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Maybe , but I sometimes feel Brisbane don’t seem to quite add up to the sum of their parts . We’ll see but I won’t be lumping on them if we restart 

Dont think anyones saying theyr winning the comp this year, just that theyr a very exciting young team, with the potential to be very good in the near future.

2 hours ago, Col81 said:

Are the NRL games ok sky?? Is it every game on tv or just some?

The usually very reliable @rugbyleagueontv says 3 matches a round will be on Sky, which I think is their normal amount. Presumably the rest will be on the NRL app which I expect will do very good business this summer. 

Every year I put a season long treble bet on the winners of the NRL Grand Final, Super League Grand Final and Championship Grand Final.

I won the best part of £400 off a tenner last year thanks to Saints, the Roosters and the Wolfpack.

This year I’ve backed Warrington, South Sydney and Toulouse.

So I’ve been an avid fan of the Bunnies since, erm, January! ?

Rabbitohs! I've got friends from Maroubra who are bunnies from way back when, so when I started watching Aussie RL it was the natural choice.

That said, I'll also be giving the Warriors a big cheer this season - they've made a lot of sacrifices to get this show on the road. I hope they get some joy out of it.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."

Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Archived