Ground Standards Info

Does anyone know the current stadium criteria for Super League, the Championship and League 1.

I’m aware they have been flexible over the years, do they still exist formally?

Be an interesting to thing for our clubs who are tenants as they may be looking for cheaper accommodation in the near future.

They are in the articles of association on the RFL website.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

31 minutes ago, Budgie said:

Does anyone know the current stadium criteria for Super League, the Championship and League 1.

Be an interesting to thing for our clubs who are tenants as they may be looking for cheaper accommodation in the near future.

https://secure.rugby-league.com/ign_docs/FACILITYSTANDARDS2016 final PDF.pdf 

34 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Well they let Whitehaven into the Championship so anything equal to their cabbage patch with some tin sheeting at one end seems to be acceptable..?

Works in SL 

14 hours ago, Budgie said:

Any criteria must be an incredibly low standard if Wakefield’s ground meets it.

22 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Give me Wakefield or Cas any day over a soulless ground like Leigh or Salford. 

Love my visit's to the LSV  , free on site parking , cracking pub on site , great fan's , covered seating or standing what's not to like.

19 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Give me Wakefield or Cas any day over a soulless ground like Leigh or Salford. 

Or a Wigan ,Hull or Huddersfield , or a wedding venue like London even 

1 minute ago, georgeb1 said:

Love my visit's to the LSV  , free on site parking , cracking pub on site , great fan's , covered seating or standing what's not to like.

Only thing missing at Leigh is another 3 or 4 thousand fans and it's a great venue and a good atmosphere 

1 hour ago, GUBRATS said:

Or a Wigan ,Hull or Huddersfield , or a wedding venue like London even 

Agreed, big Football Stadiums aren't great for Club RL. Wigan RL don't seem to have much identity at the DW, it seems more about Wigan Athletic FC.

6 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Agreed, big Football Stadiums aren't great for Club RL. Wigan RL don't seem to have much identity at the DW, it seems more about Wigan Athletic FC.

I think rail seats at the home end at least is a must- They can be seats for Soccer and converted to safe standing for RL.

It would then be a true multi use stadium.

Same for Hull FC as well.

A good old fashioned Rugby ground, the stand behind one end was a double decker, I'd never seen anything like it ( it was a long time ago). Good atmosphere fear with four decent stands. 

On 12/05/2020 at 22:10, Mr Frisky said:

Well they let Whitehaven into the Championship so anything equal to their cabbage patch with some tin sheeting at one end seems to be acceptable..?

as long as they put a few porta-cabins at one end and call them executive boxes it will be OK - ah no it wont since ground isn't in Yorkshire.

11 minutes ago, Bostik Bailey said:

as long as they put a few porta-cabins at one end and call them executive boxes it will be OK - ah no it wont since ground isn't in Yorkshire.

Not every club is fortunate enough to have a council, football club or passing multi-millionaire build a stadium for them.

Archived