West Wales to donate* £500 to all 7 Welsh amateur clubs

6 hours ago, headtackle said:

I remember playing For Bath against Aberavon (not Irish) in a few lively MASWARLA games back in the late 80s

memory very hazy but seem to remember you having a huge prop ( ex Olympian ?)

also even hazier memories of drinking challenges involving a tea pot

good to hear RL still alive and kicking down there

Pleased to meet you! Bath had a great side in those days. Haven't they reformed recently? Please keep in touch, perhaps we could arrange a rematch? 

2 hours ago, BJW said:

Thought Aberavon were in MASWARLA and only associate members of London League (played teams with an off week) but happy to be corrected, after all it was many years ago !

Yes we played in MASWARLA but we had a few seasons in the London League before MASW was formed.

Great days, many many happy memories. We always tried to arrange a few ''friendly'' fixtures each season to freshen up the league scene. We made a lot of contacts all over. 

3 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Pleased to meet you! Bath had a great side in those days. Haven't they reformed recently? Please keep in touch, perhaps we could arrange a rematch? 

They have reformed - check them out on social media   They look like they have a great set up

I was in Bath as a Northern Expat and have now returned to my roots

Great days though   

Good luck with it all

Archived