Euro XIIIs

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found this from Dean Buchan on the internet .

“The European Super League will not work at the moment and you’d probably be aware of the reasons why. In lots of European countries, rugby league doesn’t feature on the map. Look at the attendance, look at the participation.

“If you suddenly jump up with 10, 20 clubs, you’re not suddenly going to be able to support a massive competition with huge infrastructure and costs that the working group is talking about.”

Do they actually have signed contracts, do they have investment in place, do they have a broadcast deal? And if they do, why does no-one in Europe know anything about it?”

He is talking here about the proposed RLEF Super League.

Erm hang on !!!!!

"rugby league doesnt feature on the map"

"attendances,participation"

"Jump in with 10,20 clubs"

"Huge infrastructure and costs"

" why does no one in Europe know anything about it" 

I honestly thought he was talking about Euro XIII because in my eyes that is exactly what seems to be happening with his project .

Strange very strange .

There was some nutter in Sheffield who hoodwinked The Times about a global football tournament in Qatar bankrolled by billions he was then exposed as a drunk and fantasist working out of a pub with his face drowning permanently in a pint of lager thats the funny side, however the other side was he used a similar domain name to a legitimate business who then had to pursue him though the courts for damages which cost them thousands in legal fees.

29 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

You expected all that in an initial phone call?

Well I have done a bit of phone calling /messaging  to guys who have a bit of knowledge about this, looking for more details. 

Good to have contacts in Europe ?

I will not disclose the sources but the feed back is similar from them all. 

It seems details of final structure, draft system, costs to clubs, media, including the talked about TV contract, have yet to be confirmed to them. 

They are no wiser, despite committing themselves, than we are. 

Some surprises coming regarding the teams that have signed up. 

6 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I made up a team in a capital city that (the team) had never played a game of Rugby League, knocking up a quick badge in the process.

You should have run your idea by scotchy and Eddie first.  No doubt it would have passed their viability test with flying colours!

8 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

I can tell you havent been in any kind of bidding process before.

It seems to only be at RFI stage, to be simply gathering names and details is pretty common

I’m more than familiar of such a process, unfortunately for you. 

4 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

That's understandable. 

Wouldnt you expect that kind of detail to be confirmed further down the line?

A very simple example would be how on earth you would confirm costs to clubs for an unknown fixture list 

So clubs are committing without knowing the costs. 

That is not good business. 

Dublin for example have to know if they can afford trips to Austria, Portugal or Spain then get lumped to go to Moldova, Norway and Hungary.. They also accept two or three draft players then are told they have to cover flights from Brisbane and pay for these draft players visas, accommodation and lodgings without knowing if they will get 1000 or 10,000 reimbursed. 

Woooo massive undertaking without any contracts or paper work signed do you not think. 

Would you commit without knowing the finer details??? 

1 minute ago, scotchy1 said:

No you arent Oliver. If you were you wouldnt be surprised at all. 

Oliver may not be, but I am. Looking at your posts, I’d be surprised if you were anything more than a mere paper pusher at a desk with delusions of grandeur of knowing the ins and outs of a business. 

Just now, scotchy1 said:

You are as mistaken about me as you are ability to bluff through a very specific area of expertise Oliver. 

PINs, EOIs, RFIs, are integral parts of most bidding process, going out for bids before engaging the market is a very naive thing to do. 

Great Googling there Charles (my names not Oliver, so you can have Charles.). 

19 minutes ago, yanto said:

So clubs are committing without knowing the costs. 

That is not good business. 

Dublin for example have to know if they can afford trips to Austria, Portugal or Spain then get lumped to go to Moldova, Norway and Hungary.. They also accept two or three draft players then are told they have to cover flights from Brisbane and pay for these draft players visas, accommodation and lodgings without knowing if they will get 1000 or 10,000 reimbursed. 

Woooo massive undertaking without any contracts or paper work signed do you not think. 

Would you commit without knowing the finer details??? 

Yeah but the guy behind this also stated that Valencia would be in League 1 in 2021 before actually passing any of the necessary criteria or even be accepted in

Just now, scotchy1 said:

Nobody would need to google those terms if they had ever had even a small percentage of the experience you lied about having. Which is an odd thing to do.

Stranger even than your pretence that you dont understand why people call you Oliver. 

It’s an easy google and the definitions are easy to find. It’s what I suspect you did. 

Genuinely lost at what you’re on about. Which doesn’t surprise me.

Just now, scotchy1 said:

Wasnt that an ambition rather than a statement? And wasnt it the RFL who have delayed such consideration?

No, not to my knowledge. In fact I know he ruffled quite a few feathers with his proclamations

Just now, scotchy1 said:

The point is, you wouldnt have to Google them, as you have just admitted you did, If you had had literally any of the experience you claimed to have.

You screwed yourself here Oliver. Dont get all angry and get yourself banned again 

Where did I say I Googled it? If you find out, drop me a PM and we’ll chat there as people don’t want to read another of your de-railed threads. 

You can also tell me who Oliver is because he/she obviously lives in your head rent free. 

49 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

That's understandable. 

Wouldnt you expect that kind of detail to be confirmed further down the line?

A very simple example would be how on earth you would confirm costs to clubs for an unknown fixture list 

It is known, it's a Cup comp over 4 rounds with 15 Games. Stretching over a 5 week period involving 16 Teams. 

Just now, scotchy1 said:

You told me it was easy to Google it. And that the definitions where there and easy to find. How would you know if you hadn't done so?

Oh Oliver, I'll let you back out with a bit of self respect and stop this here for you. I'm a magnanimous guy. But dont lie about having expertise in relatively niche areas. Its never going to work

Because that’s how Google works. Everyone knows that.

You keep going with this spiel, you’re clueless to the conversation, you’re clueless to the questions asked by me and those asked to me, you’re clueless on the application form, you’re clueless on how amateurish the whole set up is but you keep flogging this. It is the worst sales pitch and business model I’ve ever dealt with and the bid process is a laughable name for it, as there really isn’t one.

As I said, PMs open. 

5 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

So it costs the same to travel from say Valencia to Dublin as it does Valencia to Moldova?

Sounds ligit, teams are signing up having absolutely no idea what it's gonna cost them just in air fares alone, & EuroXIII are proudly announcing them, can see it running like clockwork lol. 

1 hour ago, scotchy1 said:

I can tell you havent been in any kind of bidding process before.

It seems to only be at EOI stage, to be simply gathering names and details is pretty common

And announcing the participants to the world as confirmed contenders after just jotting down a few details and what not.

1 minute ago, scotchy1 said:

Also isn't this exactly the bottom up expansion you have been calling for?

Mate!  Please, cut your losses and just call it a night!

Dublin, Budapest and Brussels, as some have mentioned on here already, have barely played 3 matches of RL between them over the last 2 years!  This is not bottom-up, nor top-down.  I don't know what it is.  Call it the Toronto-model if you will, even though there is no comparison.

Also, to clarify.  Contrary to what some said earlier in the thread.  There has been sporadic RL activity in Budapest over the years, usually in the form of 9s or euro tag tournaments, but there has never been an actual Budapest team.

Archived