Euro XIIIs

7 hours ago, Omott91 said:

Out of curiosity, what shocks you so much about this team entering?

I'm based in Holland.I know quite a lot about the structures of the Dutch teams and domestic competition including the money behind the National governing body and the clubs.

I ran a club that has appeared in every Dutch GF since the competition started five years ago.

I set up and used to run the RL in the Netherlands. 

Its only a few weeks ago the Dutch clubs said no to this but now Pitbulls seem to have been turned. 

Thats what shocks me, plus a few other things regarding the structure of the Pitbulls which I won't disclose on here. 

I know, on a personal basis, quite a number of guys involved in these teams entering this new venture, not just Rotterdam . Some have been friends for a long long time. I have discussed this  concept with them. 

After all this, and also taking into account the advice been handed out on this forum ? I made an "official" approach to the organisers and listened to what is on offer. 

Not for me. 

I would need to look at this again in twelve months to be convinced it is going to develop into a sustainable competition. Euro XIII were making deadlines my group believed were there to pressurise clubs to commit. It was like a intense sales pitch from a very convincing salesman may I add. 

I fear some clubs don't realise the commitment and hidden costs it is going to take just to take part in the 2021 knock out cup. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, DoubleD said:

Yanto whilst I agree with your general sentiments, I do slightly disagree with your comment on people coming from Australia for 8-10 weeks. If flights are paid for, then the opportunity to play footy and travel around Europe for a couple of months is very appealing for some decent level amateurs

Off course but when do these guys no longer become the responsibility of the clubs. 

Are the clubs having to find accommodation and expenses for the Draft players for the duration of their stay in Europe or until they are knocked out of the competition? 

What security do the draft players have that after one game they will be not be left with no accommodation or income after being promised a dream trip. Yes they may well be able to cover their time in Europe out of their own pocket but little things like this need set in stone and clubs have committed without knowing the finer details. 

2 minutes ago, yanto said:

Off course but when do these guys no longer become the responsibility of the clubs. 

Are the clubs having to find accommodation and expenses for the Draft players for the duration of their stay in Europe or until they are knocked out of the competition? 

What security do the draft players have that after one game they will be not be left with no accommodation or income after being promised a dream trip. Yes they may well be able to cover their time in Europe out of their own pocket but little things like this need set in stone and clubs have committed without knowing the finer details. 

Yeah its a bit too vague atm on that front. Its certainly possible though, village cricket clubs in the UK often have Australian kiwi or saffa "overseas" players.

4 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Yeah its a bit too vague atm on that front. Its certainly possible though, village cricket clubs in the UK often have Australian kiwi or saffa "overseas" players.

Same here with the cricket and the Union but they will be contracted for a season or x amount of weeks. Or like some of the London RL clubs they will be on holiday and getting games in when they can. I don't think any will actually have been drafted. 

36 minutes ago, yanto said:

I’m not privy to any of the details Yanto, I was merely indicating that even if it’s just flights that are covered, there would still be a number of amateur players who would put their hand up for a draft and a few weeks holiday in Europe. As far as know, there isn’t an intention to pay players in this setup

12 minutes ago, yanto said:

Same here with the cricket and the Union but they will be contracted for a season or x amount of weeks. Or like some of the London RL clubs they will be on holiday and getting games in when they can. I don't think any will actually have been drafted. 

Yanto You have indicated that travel and accommodation will be paid for. That tells me there is a rich backer or consortium behind this.  Why as Eddie suggests might they wish to remain anonymous ?

Not even a SL side could lay out that sort of money and certainly  most  soundly financial community clubs in this country would need to look long and hard  before committing to this project - how on earth can European start ups or those with little game time or real substance to them otherwise  get involved ?

A team complement of 20 is insufficient as each club will need with them their manager, coach ,assistant/ kit man and physio  at least ,  - some community trips also take with them a match official for the experience.

Is there some sort of  power grab / struggle going on in Europe for the soul / control of the game that we mere  forum enthusiasts   know nothing about ?

20 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

How rich is rich? Even if we give this a comfortable budget of say 300k, you are only looking at roughly 20k per side.

A hefty chunk no doubt but not an insurmountable amount with a bit of sponsorship, a bit of charity a bit of fundraising, a few grants, etc. 

Plus players might want to pay some of the costs themselves, if I was in my 20s and good enough I’d be all over this, would happily pay for a Ryanair flight and youth hostel to go and play for Budapest or the Mad Squirrels. 

15 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

How rich is rich? Even if we give this a comfortable budget of say 300k, you are only looking at roughly 20k per side.

A hefty chunk no doubt but not an insurmountable amount with a bit of sponsorship, a bit of charity a bit of fundraising, a few grants, etc. 

Off course mate. 

As I have said. Looked into it. Your putting across the plus points I'm putting across from experience, reasons why I am surprised so many teams are apparently jumping on board. 

Budget of 20,000 would run the Dutch comp for four years. 

On another other view.. Don't use draft players so you have no costs, get drawn away in Dublin or Budapest or Valencia , no game to organise no costs and an all expenses paid ###### up with a game thrown in is also very tempting ???

10 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Plus players might want to pay some of the costs themselves, if I was in my 20s and good enough I’d be all over this, would happily pay for a Ryanair flight and youth hostel to go and play for Budapest or the Mad Squirrels. 

As long as the 56 draft players are aware of what is expected that's great. 

We have actually had guys doing that for Den Haag out of the UK and Belgium. 

Funding wise I have no idea behind the running of this comp but for argument sake it developed over the next 5 years to a pro comp where players were from the draft areas were starting careers and playing say for Dublin then going into NRL. Would it be enough for Toulouse and or Catalans to be convinced to join a Euro comp/could they actually do that? 

I can't wait.

You've heard the story about the man who invented/discovered fire? They burned him at the stake.

Almost everyone here is lighting a torch on this one.

I am filled with admiration for the organisers of this thing.

Let's hope there's lots more to come? 

"Today, you cannot see our colours in full, because we are rising, we have not risen. You cannot see our strength in full, because it ours to show when the time comes. You cannot see our face because the time will come when we stand in victory and you will not be able to ignore us. 

Now, as we close upon a century as a nation, a new force is arising from the Anatolian heartland, a force of 13, a force that will represent our people from east to west, from the great city İstanbul to the smallest villages in the east. Together, we rise as 13, to represent our history, our present and our future. 

Together we are Anadolu XIII. The Turks are coming!"

The EuroXIII concept presents a significant opportunity to put our game on the map in Turkey, establishing ourselves in time as the second football code.

As people have noted, the challenges are still significant but the reward potentially massive. 

If you are going to have a second team, consider Anadolu, based in Istanbul (15.5million) and representing our nation (84 million) the potential long term is amazing. 

We are yet to launch our full colours or branding but we hope you may jump on board. 

Follow us at social media. /anadoluxiii If you have any questions, feel free to shoot then at me. 

12 hours ago, fighting irish said:

I can't wait.

You've heard the story about the man who invented/discovered fire? They burned him at the stake.

Almost everyone here is lighting a torch on this one.

I am filled with admiration for the organisers of this thing.

Let's hope there's lots more to come? 

Indeed, half the people on this forum are the types that would have been sneering at the Wright Brothers or Stevenson, telling them it will never work and hoping that they’d fail. 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Indeed, half the people on this forum are the types that would have been sneering at the Wright Brothers or Stevenson, telling them it will never work and hoping that they’d fail. 

Serious?? 

I thought a lot of guys are asking HOW can it be a success. 

Don't think anyone has said they hope it fails. 

1 hour ago, yanto said:

Serious?? 

I thought a lot of guys are asking HOW can it be a success. 

Don't think anyone has said they hope it fails. 

A lot of people were straight in saying it can’t work and it will fail, literally straight in without knowing anything about it. I can scarcely believe some of them are actually RL fans. 

Just now, Eddie said:

A lot of people were straight in saying it can’t work and it will fail, literally straight in without knowing anything about it. I can scarcely believe some of them are actually RL fans. 

Mate , some of the people that write here are not just rugby legue fans actually some of them are involved in a way or another in developing the sport in some countries. I think here are 3 types of people , those who are fans and think that everything must be like NRL and Super league, pro teams appearing from now were, and sceptical of the rest of the teams and countries that are trying and struggling to build RL.  And the genuine fans of the game that support everything relate to the game and every iniciative to build and develop the sport around the world. But also are people that are in a way or another involved on developing the game itself that know well that not everything said or written in the papers is achievable or it will have a massive impact on the game itself , this people know that this kind of initiative are not going to help them in a long term direction specifically when the information is not there. So being involved myself in RL ,playing it and being a fan of the game,  it is normal for me to be supportive and sceptical in the same time, because I have some information about this competition but olso let's say something isn't clear and transparent, i respect  some of the guys behind this iniciative that I know personally and I really belive that theyr are doing this for the love they have for RL, but the methods that are being used and RLEF statements ,make you sceptical! it is for rugby league or politics that are dividing rugby league in Europ??? 

We are living some interesting time for rugby league,  and hope that everyone get together for the best interests of it.

9 hours ago, Anadolu XIII said:

"Today, you cannot see our colours in full, because we are rising, we have not risen. You cannot see our strength in full, because it ours to show when the time comes. You cannot see our face because the time will come when we stand in victory and you will not be able to ignore us. 

Now, as we close upon a century as a nation, a new force is arising from the Anatolian heartland, a force of 13, a force that will represent our people from east to west, from the great city İstanbul to the smallest villages in the east. Together, we rise as 13, to represent our history, our present and our future. 

Together we are Anadolu XIII. The Turks are coming!"

The EuroXIII concept presents a significant opportunity to put our game on the map in Turkey, establishing ourselves in time as the second football code.

As people have noted, the challenges are still significant but the reward potentially massive. 

If you are going to have a second team, consider Anadolu, based in Istanbul (15.5million) and representing our nation (84 million) the potential long term is amazing. 

We are yet to launch our full colours or branding but we hope you may jump on board. 

Follow us at social media. /anadoluxiii If you have any questions, feel free to shoot then at me. 

I notice that you appear a new team completely...............do you anticipate competing in the Turkish league too?

2 hours ago, DoubleD said:

I notice that you appear a new team completely...............do you anticipate competing in the Turkish league too?

We are a new club (franchise) brought together by key members of the TRL, including the TRL President to represent us in general. Key management team are from Ankara, İstanbul and Izmir. Players will be recruited from across the TRL. 

Anadolu XIII will only compete in the Euro 13s at this stage. 

Depending on potential growth I could imagine atleast two other sides coming from Turkey in the future.

32 minutes ago, Anadolu XIII said:

We are a new club (franchise) brought together by key members of the TRL, including the TRL President to represent us in general. Key management team are from Ankara, İstanbul and Izmir. Players will be recruited from across the TRL. 

Anadolu XIII will only compete in the Euro 13s at this stage. 

Depending on potential growth I could imagine atleast two other sides coming from Turkey in the future.

Interesting. I expect this to be the strongest team in the Cup.

How (and where) will the team train? 

Archived