Euro XIIIs

On 17/06/2020 at 10:41, langpark said:

Interesting comment. May I respectfully ask what you would define as "momentum"? Has there been a surge of new players signing up since the announcement or something like that?

Hi Langpark, there has been new attention from the wider sporting community, some players that have only played Union have been in contact. Some are positioned as influential in Union clubs. This increases the chances of these whole clubs entering the TRL. It is early days but there are good signs. 

Worse case scenario is not the Euro13s not launching, worse case scenario is waiting on the sidelines as Rugby Union in our nation also tries to move forward with World Rugby recognition, chances to play for 7's in the Olympics (though functionally slim). 

The people launching Anadolu have all launched clubs and are a mix of Turkish and foreign people passionate about RL. Nobody is good however, we all realise that there is risk, the level of risk taken for us at this stage is minimal.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, langpark said:

I wouldn't say thick, but many do not have english as their first language, so they are disadvantaged right from the get go in some ways. Some are also a bit naive, not thick. 

Are you really saying that not having English as a first language is a disadvantage? How? Is it only English speaking people that can think straight and add up? 

3 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Are you really saying that not having English as a first language is a disadvantage? How? Is it only English speaking people that can think straight and add up? 

Better hope Scotchy doesn’t see that he wrote that. 

5 minutes ago, fighting irish said:

Are you really saying that not having English as a first language is a disadvantage? How? 

I suppose you are monolingual. So it will be a difficult concept for you to grasp. But yes, it is far easier to communicate, reason, stand your ground etc, when speaking your native tongue. 

1 hour ago, Impartial Observer said:

Set up by the same person who has just formed Worcester Jaquars. If they want to play in Europe they will need to comply with the rfl protocols for playing abroad which will include having games sanctioned by the rlef.  

Well my guess is that this club has been set up with the sole purpose of playing euro 13 and not in RFL competitions, therefore avoiding RFL rules. The question is, what happens to players themselves who want to play with this rogue entity, will they then be able to go back and play in RFL competitions or will they face bans? 

6 minutes ago, langpark said:

Well my guess is that this club has been set up with the sole purpose of playing euro 13 and not in RFL competitions, therefore avoiding RFL rules. The question is, what happens to players themselves who want to play with this rogue entity, will they then be able to go back and play in RFL competitions or will they face bans? 

If the games aren't sanctioned - and I don't pretend to know what's going on with regards to that - then what happens when it comes to match officials?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

11 minutes ago, langpark said:

I suppose you are monolingual. So it will be a difficult concept for you to grasp. But yes, it is far easier to communicate, reason, stand your ground etc, when speaking your native tongue. 

So in addition to your earlier outrageous remarks, you are now attempting a personal insult by suggesting that because I only speak one language, I can't grasp the idea that people with different native tongues (and no other) will have difficulty understanding each other? Are you serious? It's patently obvious that if people can't speak the same language they will have difficulty understanding each other.

What you implied was that they were disadvantaged to the point they would likely make reckless, irresponsible and ill-considered decisions because they can't speak English. As though speaking English was necessary to rational thought and responsible decision making. You're on sticky ground here mate.

20 minutes ago, langpark said:

You want the RFL to behave like Union?

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

You want the RFL to behave like Union?

No but why is this guy so adamant to avoid them without even speaking to them first? To the point where he is having to set up new "clubs"? Could there be some burnt bridges from the fallout if the Huracanes - League One application perhaps?

I cannot see a reason why RFL would not give its blessing to any English team to join if everything was legit. 

20 minutes ago, langpark said:

No but why is this guy so adamant to avoid them without even speaking to them first? To the point where he is having to set up new "clubs"? Could there be some burnt bridges from the fallout if the Huracanes - League One application perhaps?

I cannot see a reason why RFL would not give its blessing to any English team to join if everything was legit. 

He says he did speak to them and they declined to take part. 

I don’t think he has set up any new clubs. 

Not sure what the Valencia L1 application has to do with the RLEF?

Have the RFL said English teams aren’t allowed to take part?

40 minutes ago, langpark said:

Not that I know of. It is the question I am asking.

I did not say the League One bid had anything to do with RLEF. I said RFL.

You’re going round in circles and not making sense, possibly confusing the RFL and RLEF as well?

19 minutes ago, Eddie said:

You’re going round in circles and not making sense, possibly confusing the RFL and RLEF as well?

Not at all. You confused the two. 

There are hundreds of clubs in England, why did a new one need to be formed? To completely avoid having to deal with the RFL? These are questions, not statements.

And in case you ask, what has RFL got to do with euro xiii? As has been mentioned multiple times already, any team wanting to play abroad needs RFL approval. 

7 minutes ago, langpark said:

And in case you ask, what has RFL got to do with euro xiii? As has been mentioned multiple times already, any team wanting to play abroad needs RFL approval. 

They also need approval from the governing body of the country they are going to and from the RLEF or RLIF depending where they are playing 

16 minutes ago, langpark said:

Not at all. You confused the two. 

There are hundreds of clubs in England, why did a new one need to be formed? To completely avoid having to deal with the RFL? These are questions, not statements.

You’re jumping the gun a bit here, and not for the first time. Why not wait and see what it’s all about. 

51 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Eddie. 

The RFL who run the community game back home not just the pro game, are full members of the RLEF. 

Any clubs wanting to play overseas need to apply and fill out forms to get permission. 

Protocol mate. 

Even a Dutch club has to fill out forms to go and play in say Czech or Germany. 

Now if any club does not follow these simple rules then they are not sanctioned to play and this can cause a lot of problems. 

One Balkan League club arranged to play a friendly game against an unsanctioned club in the Lebanon last year. 

The fall out over this is still being felt by the club. 

These type of actions lead to rebel breakaway organisations and the game has seen to many of them over the years. 

What I am getting at is until the RLEF sanction the Euro XIII all the clubs are running a risk of being banned from playing in any RLEF competitions therefore basically destroying domestic leagues. 

Its not about being like union as you also ask. It's about structure and organisation which has taken twenty years to grow to what the RLEF is today mate. 

Its all uncertainty as it stands at the moment and I hope the clubs are aware of the possible consequences. 

Edit. 

I have been on the end of being banned by the RLEF and no teams were allowed to play against any Dutch clubs. I stood down for the good of the game but it took five years and a new board to bring Holland back into the RL family. 

25 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Are we really on eighteen pages of Eddie going “well, why don’t you wait and find out” at every post?

Or to phrase it another way, 18 pages of people criticising things that they know nothing about ?. Yanto excluded from that as he clearly does know a lot. 

This potentially Rambo activity is on the RFL Full Board agenda this week.

Who is the White  Knight  Yanto ?.

Still looks like me to be an effort to  break from  existing structures...….

No recognised club likely to be sanctioned but if on the other hand an average Level 4  club  with guaranteed  met overheads would take a pre season punt  they would  surely destroy the proposed integrity of this comp . TV contracts ? Seriously ? Playing levels to satisfy neutral audiences ?   No this has to be a Jolly Boys outing at fast cost  and to the potential detriment of local leagues.. But if it  is someone else's money  not a problem - if  though they thereby seek to  secure future rights  and control then it will be....

RFL full Board  meets this week and  on the agenda so looking at this  activity as we post ……..

Archived