Euro XIIIs

7 minutes ago, yanto said:

Ain't seen any rise in the profile of the game in the Netherlands. Not one piece of media interest apart from what's been posted on the clubs Facebook page. Around 10 usual suspects discussing here on TRL forum and two or three are actually based on the continent. 

Yep without a ball being kicked he has raised the profile in Europe . ???

It has raised the profile of the game in Europe, we now all know about these clubs, as do many other people. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I don’t think anyone is saying it’s going to be high quality. 

What TV company will show it then?

When the NCL was shown the other season on freesports the viewing figures were very poor which meant no advertisers, no money and therefore no more games on TV and a lot of the games were comparable or better than some League 1 games 

8 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I don’t think anyone is saying it’s going to be high quality. The point is to raise the profile of RL in Europe, and is currently doing that without a ball being kicked. 

My question was neutral. Actually wonder if many of these entrant clubs have ever  kicked a ball for more than a couple of games.

As for profile raising the worst possible move is to try and sell something that it isn't. TV contracts and Sponsorship ? Draft players and free hotel accommodation ?  Bet they will be happy when they see what's on offer.

Lower profiling would be a potentially more profitable route for all concerned.

40 minutes ago, del capo said:

Does anyone yet have a handle on the actual ability levels  of the clubs involved in this Europe wide Cup.? Maybe just a little bit too much hype just yet.

I noticed that in this year's 2020 Challenge Cup Barrow Island , an amateur club in the NCL second Division , beat newly accepted club and Welsh champions Rhondda Outlaws 84 - 6.

I would expect Rhondda to be one of the stronger clubs. 

Bolton and Culcheth have both comfortably beaten Rotterdam in recent years. NWC mens teams at the lower end. 

1 minute ago, del capo said:

My question was neutral. Actually wonder if many of these entrant clubs have ever  kicked a ball for more than a couple of games.

As for profile raising the worst possible move is to try and sell something that it isn't. TV contracts and Sponsorship ? Draft players and free hotel accommodation ?  Bet they will be happy when they see what's on offer.

Lower profiling would be a potentially more profitable route for all concerned.

Worcester/Birmingham have not played a game yet

4 minutes ago, Eddie said:

It has raised the profile of the game in Europe, we now all know about these clubs, as do many other people. 

Its raised the European profile on total RL, Facebook and twitter to a handful UK based fans but not actually on the continent. I know most of the clubs already. 

Maybe that will come ?

2 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Thought I would put my 2 bobs worth in here regarding TV ?

The only way one will get an event like this on TV is to use YouTube its easy to set up and works very well (As does Facebook) but YouTube is better.

Paul

I'm sure I read somewhere that he had a  TV contract ?

It could even go on Our League if people actually talked to each other.

But as for money making coverage in this day and age , forget it...…….

14 minutes ago, yanto said:

Its raised the European profile on total RL, Facebook and twitter to a handful UK based fans but not actually on the continent. I know most of the clubs already. 

Maybe that will come ?

It’s also been heavily featured on the Chasing Kangaroos and RL in America podcasts - so lots of people know about it. 

20 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

I'm not making it anything. You have been quite clear about how poorly planned and organised it is, how impossible it is to succeed etc.

I'm agnostic. 

If it gets off the ground then your speculation and conclusions were clearly wrong and your arguments that we know enough will be proved nonsensical.

If it fails you can say you were right.

You are. You're determined that anyone taking a less than blind faith approach to this is some sort of negative luddite. 

That's obviously not true, as literally the rest of my post says.

I want this to succeed, I think for it to succeed it needs a clearer grasp of strategy and purpose than has been apparent. 

4 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Im not arguing for blind faith. Just against your blind negativity. 

But you think it needs a clearer grasp of strategy and purpose than has been apparent. If it gets off the ground you were clearly wrong about that. Lets wait and see. 

Its not blind negativity, have you no appreciation for seeing one's own limitations or healthy skepticism? 

How can a post that literally includes "I want this to succeed" be read as blind negativity?? ???

37 minutes ago, Eddie said:

At a rough guess, how many people, to the nearest thousand, know about rugby league now who did not know about it before?

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

3 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

Well when it all shakes out neither your, nor my, opinion will have been of any use. 

You think some of these things are hugely important and terrible and creating insurmountable hurdles. I think you are over-reacting and looking for problems. We will see who was closer to the truth in due course. 

Now expressing opinions on an internet forum is pointless? And this is a point being made on an internet forum? Might just go live in a cave and not speak to anyone about anything then.

Are you having some sort of existential crisis mate?

1 hour ago, Impartial Observer said:

What TV company will show it then?

When the NCL was shown the other season on freesports the viewing figures were very poor which meant no advertisers, no money and therefore no more games on TV and a lot of the games were comparable or better than some League 1 games 

Screening a well known established competition with well known established clubs in a rugby league nation yet still couldn't attract viewing figures. 

Yet EURO XIII are attempting to replicate this with a new competition, of a far lower standard, with new clubs in new countries with minimal RL background. 

1 hour ago, scotchy1 said:

But you think it needs a clearer grasp of strategy and purpose than has been apparent. If it gets off the ground you were clearly wrong about that. Lets wait and see. 

I am convinced this is all a divide & conquer attempt like that world rugby league mob a few years ago. Has anyone ever background-checked this Buchan guy? A union provocateur perhaps? I realise that might sound extreme, but everything about this project so far is extreme.

Sofailure will have massive consequences, yet the only people aware of it are a handful of UK based RL Fans?

Think about outside the UK and the clubs and players involved. 

Not massive to you guys back home, not massive to anyone outside the game but could have massive consequences to the way RL on the continent is finally getting structures, competitions and grants / funding in place after twenty years of building. 

Pop your head up from your keyboard now and then and you will see a group of people who have worked to build up the RLEF who at this moment apparently are not being given information that will satisfy them to sanction the Euro XIII. 

But I guess you don't believe in structures, governance, constitutions, rules, regulations. 

Guess you a rebel ?

If it gets off the ground??? 

That is not success. 

That's a one of event. 

Is that really the long term vision. 

1 hour ago, gingerjon said:

At a rough guess, how many people, to the nearest thousand, know about rugby league now who did not know about it before?

I have no idea. How many know about these clubs that didn’t before?

5 minutes ago, langpark said:

I am convinced this is all a divide & conquer attempt like that world rugby league mob a few years ago. Has anyone ever background-checked this Buchan guy? A union provocateur perhaps? I realise that might sound extreme, but everything about this project so far is extreme.

I think that's well wide of the mark. 

I think it's unlikely that this will actually happen without RLEF approval, even it's something of a fait accompli. The genuine RL clubs like Mad Squirrels, who've successfully completed several seasons, run youth sections etc. aren't going to give up everything they've built up just for a couple of games abroad and they'll need RLEF referees and insurance/legal cover.

It will need Buchan to accept that the sport's governing body ultimately owns any cross-European competition, not a private individual and it needs him and Colin Kleyweg to work together.

13 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I have no idea. How many know about these clubs that didn’t before?

I reckon most people, who show any interest in the amateur game on the continent, will have heard of all the teams apart from the newly created ones like the Turkish side. 

Same as me asking you if you know anything about the clubs in the CRL Group 6 and Group 7 downunder. 

Unless you have some interest you proberbley can't name one club in these well established country leagues. 

No Google Eddie play fair ?

Mittagong Lions, Kiama Knights, Geeringong, Robertson Spuddies, Moss Vale Dragons, Shell Harbour Sharks... Ring any bells?? 

The conspiracy theories on this thread are unreasonable. 

1. The RLEF does not administer club competitions.

The TRL and other bodies are FULLY committed to the RLEF and present competitions. Present clubs and competitions were not built on some incredible central mission and money but alot of hard work and passion by locals. There has been some good support but realistically very little (due to the RLEF's limited capacity not their lack of effort) compared to what is needed to push the game the next level.

2. This competition has the cooperation from nearly all governing bodies involved. 

3. No body considers this to be vaguely equal to English or established countries standards (and it does not matter, local Rugby League is sometimes better to watch then drilled professionals)

However, one day it could be.

4. The Participants have no idea and no experience (except many of us do)

5. No body is aware it could fail except everyone is. 

The investment and time is worth it even if it does not work out as hoped. However we are working towards this as a stepping stone to better things. 

I can only speak for myself as someone actually involves in entering a club and we are ready to attempt to make it happen. İn one-way or another Anadolu XIII will take the field. ?

İn the mean time, fan, skeptic or curious follow us on social media at /anadoluxiii Also check out our new logo and identity. Merchandise is coming soon.

Anadolu Pars ile tanışın! @euro_13s 'te 15 ülkeden farklı kulüplere karşı yarışıp Türkiye Rugby Ligini temsil edeceğiz!

Introducing the Anadolu XIII Pars! We will be competing and representing Turkish Rugby League in the @euro_13s against clubs from 15 nation's!  #anadoluxiii #nrl #rugbyleague #trtspor @trtspor @ragbireferansi @ragbiligdernegi

IMG_20200621_133331_187.jpg

Archived