Euro XIIIs

1 hour ago, scotchy1 said:

Well, I'm the wrong person to be whining at Cassandra, so let's just wait and see the catastrophe you prophesize come to pass.

Ha ha 

Your whole conversation in this thread from the very start is confusing.

Check back. 

All through this I have wished this project well... As have many others... and I even looked to see if it suited my club. 

Since then I have asked questions regarding the feasbility of the project on a rugby league forum.. 

Same as many others. 

Your input has been absolutely  zero.

Have you seen any official information, like one or two posters on here have.

Do you know ANYTHING about Euro XIII, do you know anything about the RLEF, infact do you know anything about the way the game is governed or are you just bullshitting?? 

In all your posts you have not produced one piece if information of why you think this is a project that will assist in the development of the game in Europe. 

All you have done is sit back and snipe at people who want this to be a success but have questions to ask and discuss. 

I am seriously wondering if 

1)you are involved in Euro XIII 

2) your just an arrogant argumentive guy 

3)You can't accept other peoples point of view. 

4)You think you know everything though you proberbley have very little knowledge of European RL. 

I edging on a combination of all four ?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, yanto said:

I am seriously wondering if 

1)you are involved in Euro XIII 

2) your just an arrogant argumentive guy 

3)You can't accept other peoples point of view. 

4)You think you know everything though you proberbley have very little knowledge of European RL. 

I edging on a combination of all four ?

Of those Scotchy is 2, 3 and 4. I seriously doubt he’s 1. 

4 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Come off it LP.

Have you read this list?

This is a list of safeguards for people taking children abroad.

Post a list which is appropriate for a group of consenting, self-responsible adults, grown men (or women). 

I say, if all you have to contribute is a long list of reason why this can't or shouldn't be done, you should be quiet and get out of the way.

Your talk of ''closing the loophole'' makes me feel very sorry for you.

You seem so craven in your need for permission/approval its a wonder you ever moved out of your mam's house. (Have you?)

Get off your knees, stand up, think for yourself. Don't be so eager to surrender your rights and your liberty.

Make a difference instead of hiding in the status quo. 

Mate, as I said before, I realise "fighting" irish and rhondda "outlaws" have their rebellious images to maintain, but go easy on the chest-beating for a minute and listen to some reason.  It's not about 'permission' or anybody being your 'boss', so just let it go already!

Your example before about spontaneously taking the misses to Las Vegas to get married, while heartwarming, was hardly relevent.  Two adults, who have the money to go on a trip, go on a trip.  Here we are talking about 20 adults going on a trip abroad to play a contact sport.  There is a lot of logistics and safety issues to consider and the RFL, for example, with their checks, is simple risk-management.  They want to minimise the chances of anything going wrong.  I have been to over a dozen countries for Rugby League matches in my time, and believe me, there is A LOT that can go wrong!

Secondly, my 'loophole' comment had to do with what I said earlier about the event of these matches conflicting with their commitments in their home league.  So for example:  If there is a fixture clash, and a bunch of Worcester Jaguar players say:  Sod playing our local match, we have a free trip abroad, we'll just take the forfeit, then it does become the RFL's business.  When they are assessing the teams looking to participate in their leagues each year, they are doing so with the expectation that they will fulfill their commitments and play all their matches.

They would never object to a team playing abroad just for the hell of it.  They are a 125-year old organisation, that is a lot of time for trial-and-error and to fine-tune these sorts of things over the years.  Euro 13 management, do not this type of experience and seemingly do not want to work with any established federation even though they could benefit greatly from doing so.

3 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

*Probably. 

I love the crack to be honest.

Forums are there for everyone to throw their opinions over. 

Agree, disagree,argue, discuss this is what it's all about ?

But please no spelling police ??

10 minutes ago, langpark said:

It was a pretty shocking error though, to be fair!  ?

Excuse me did you not post earlier that people without the grasp of the English language may struggle to understand ????

1 hour ago, langpark said:

Mate, as I said before, I realise "fighting" irish and rhondda "outlaws" have their rebellious images to maintain, but go easy on the chest-beating for a minute and listen to some reason.  It's not about 'permission' or anybody being your 'boss', so just let it go already!

Your example before about spontaneously taking the misses to Las Vegas to get married, while heartwarming, was hardly relevent.  Two adults, who have the money to go on a trip, go on a trip.  Here we are talking about 20 adults going on a trip abroad to play a contact sport.  There is a lot of logistics and safety issues to consider and the RFL, for example, with their checks, is simple risk-management.  They want to minimise the chances of anything going wrong.  I have been to over a dozen countries for Rugby League matches in my time, and believe me, there is A LOT that can go wrong!

Secondly, my 'loophole' comment had to do with what I said earlier about the event of these matches conflicting with their commitments in their home league.  So for example:  If there is a fixture clash, and a bunch of Worcester Jaguar players say:  Sod playing our local match, we have a free trip abroad, we'll just take the forfeit, then it does become the RFL's business.  When they are assessing the teams looking to participate in their leagues each year, they are doing so with the expectation that they will fulfill their commitments and play all their matches.

They would never object to a team playing abroad just for the hell of it.  They are a 125-year old organisation, that is a lot of time for trial-and-error and to fine-tune these sorts of things over the years.  Euro 13 management, do not this type of experience and seemingly do not want to work with any established federation even though they could benefit greatly from doing so.

Edmund Blackadder, jealous of Sir Walter Raleigh, decided to discover a new continent so he could rival Raleigh, in the young queen Elizabeth's affections. He chartered a mercenary sea captain and his ship and set sail from Portsmouth. Three months later, he comes up on deck to discover that the captain is still sailing around Portsmouth harbour.

When asked why, the apologetic Captain Rum explained that he was afraid of losing sight of dry land.

In this little tale my dear friend, Dean Buchan is the intrepid Walter Raleigh and you LP, are Captain Rum. A well meaning sort I'm sure, but so pre-occupied with Health and Safety and conducting a detailed enough risk assessment to ensure he doesn't tread on anyone's toes, he can't even contemplate the very real necessity, that in order to discover a new continent he will have to lose sight of land and sail into uncharted waters.

On top of that he hasn't got permission to go. Let alone the fact that, as everyone knows ''........ that way be Dragons''.

My advice to you my friend, is to stay behind and do the risk assessment, let Dean sail the ship.

By the time you've listed all the what-if scenarios, Dean'll be back, with the tobacco and spuds. 

Although I like the idea, I wonder if the organisers have taken behind the scenes advise. The teams seem to be at a community level with a couple of decent players. I know they go a bit further but the England Community Lions and BARLA tours of down under would be good experience to chat to, to establish cost and equipment etc. Its the medical standards for me, club doctors, Concussion protecol and physios etc that need to be up to standard is it independents from the home club or do both have them.

4 hours ago, langpark said:

Wow, thanks for that! Almost as relevant as your Las Vegas wedding story!

The fact that you and Impartial Observer can't see the relevance of the stories, says it all. 

On 20/06/2020 at 20:39, welshmagpie said:

There’s also a paperwork looophole as the Euro XIII have their own kit supplier for all 16 teams with their sponsors on it. 

Thank you for  giving us some information mate first of all.

It is obvious that your club have sign the contact with EURO , I understand that the details of contract are confidential ,but I would like to ask about the agreement of the kit supplier if you can answer my question? 

Do the clubs need to have a full kit package? The desing of the Jersey will be chosen by the clubs ? The arrangement it was done through Euro XIII  or directly with the retailer? And the cost range of the kits if you have to buy it or it will be covered by EURO XIII and it will have them the right to commercialize the Jerseys ?

Thank you mate in advance

22 hours ago, Omott91 said:

What is a Par?

Nice logo by the way, very professional.  

Anadolu Pars are Anatolian Leopards. 

Most would not know there are Leopards (though severely threatened) in this part of the world.

Ps. We like the logo as well. We want to make it clear both to ourselves (Turkey) and others who we represent. The Leopard is a deep part of history here. The side 'leaves' are actually part of Wheat sheaves that reflect the heartland agricultural production. Our colours also connect to Turkic history not just in this nation but further into Central Asia.

13 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Edmund Blackadder, jealous of Sir Walter Raleigh, decided to discover a new continent so he could rival Raleigh, in the young queen Elizabeth's affections. He chartered a mercenary sea captain and his ship and set sail from Portsmouth. Three months later, he comes up on deck to discover that the captain is still sailing around Portsmouth harbour.

When asked why, the apologetic Captain Rum explained that he was afraid of losing sight of dry land.

In this little tale my dear friend, Dean Buchan is the intrepid Walter Raleigh and you LP, are Captain Rum. A well meaning sort I'm sure, but so pre-occupied with Health and Safety and conducting a detailed enough risk assessment to ensure he doesn't tread on anyone's toes, he can't even contemplate the very real necessity, that in order to discover a new continent he will have to lose sight of land and sail into uncharted waters.

On top of that he hasn't got permission to go. Let alone the fact that, as everyone knows ''........ that way be Dragons''.

My advice to you my friend, is to stay behind and do the risk assessment, let Dean sail the ship.

By the time you've listed all the what-if scenarios, Dean'll be back, with the tobacco and spuds. 

Great episode. Tom Baker was superb as Captain Rum. I must just point out that it was the Isle of Wight, not Portsmouth Harbour - both are in my neck of the woods, so just wanted to correct that.

Also, I don't think Rum was that concerned with Health and Safety - he just was clueless about sailing. In fact, such was his lack of care and preparation that he sailed to some foreign land, thought he was in Southampton, and got off the boat only to be killed and eaten by the natives.

So, perhaps Captain Rum is a good example of why it's important to be cautious when doing certain things, and why you need to do proper research and planning. It could be said - using your example - that you're the Blackadder, and Dean Buchan is Captain Rum. You're trusting him, but has he done the required planning and does he have the necessary skills? I can't answer that - I'm just posing the question.

20 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Great episode. Tom Baker was superb as Captain Rum. I must just point out that it was the Isle of Wight, not Portsmouth Harbour - both are in my neck of the woods, so just wanted to correct that.

Also, I don't think Rum was that concerned with Health and Safety - he just was clueless about sailing. In fact, such was his lack of care and preparation that he sailed to some foreign land, thought he was in Southampton, and got off the boat only to be killed and eaten by the natives.

So, perhaps Captain Rum is a good example of why it's important to be cautious when doing certain things, and why you need to do proper research and planning. It could be said - using your example - that you're the Blackadder, and Dean Buchan is Captain Rum. You're trusting him, but has he done the required planning and does he have the necessary skills? I can't answer that - I'm just posing the question.

I must have missed this episode of Howard's way ?

On 21/06/2020 at 15:01, Impartial Observer said:

if you win the 1st round game do you then go home and come back the following weekend to play or do you stay in Valencia the whole time?

We would return home. It is not truly professional so players will have to return for work. 

11 minutes ago, Anadolu XIII said:

We would return home. It is not truly professional so players will have to return for work. 

Not all the games are to be played in Valencia are they? Thought teams were drawn at home or away up until the final (which is to be played in Valencia) 

2 minutes ago, thebrewxi said:

Not all the games are to be played in Valencia are they? Thought teams were drawn at home or away up until the final (which is to be played in Valencia) 

No, they wont all be held there however (obviously) no draw has also been made. The suggested first 'season' of Euro XIII is knockout. 

If we hosted a game first and lost (for instance) that would be it. 

15 minutes ago, Anadolu XIII said:

No, they wont all be held there however (obviously) no draw has also been made. The suggested first 'season' of Euro XIII is knockout. 

If we hosted a game first and lost (for instance) that would be it. 

understood. Hoping you get an away tie against Droitwich Birmingham Jaguars ? 

2 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Allegedly, an English professional side had applied for this. 

I DEMAND DETAILS NOW. I DO NOT CARE HOW TRUE THESE DETAILS ARE.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Archived