Euro XIIIs

4 minutes ago, langpark said:

Two very opposite aims right there.

So what, can’t they have two different objectives?

You raise some good points on this thread sometimes but at other times you just seem desperate to criticise in any way possible?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, langpark said:

I don't think he does either. But he sure loves a good buzzword and "development" is one of his most overused ones.

I hate when important words like development get debased into buzzwords

Just now, Impartial Observer said:

Are the draft players getting paid to play?

Who knows, you'd think that would have been announced with the draft venues. Something along the lines of "If you want the opportunity to do x come trial here for details". X could be "play RL in Europe" for example. 

Some will presumably be only getting 1 game in a cup comp?

15 minutes ago, langpark said:

Not when one contradicts the other. Seriously, how can you not see that? 

They don’t contradict eachother, it’s quite obvious to me but fair enough if you see it differently. 

The draft picks in American Football all the teams have seen the Draft players and can make an informed choice as to who is going to improve their team.  How can this happen as know one knows who these players are and if they would make their team better.  Please who gets first shot or are they just parachuted into teams.

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

My point is, if you want to know why not ask the organisers instead of asking open questions on an Internet forum to people who aren’t involved. 

It’s been great having Welsh Magpie and Anadolu offer their thoughts but if you want to ask Buchan directly why not do so, or invite him on here to answer our questions?

Not sure what you mean by my motivation or credentials. All along I’ve just said it seems like a great idea and am enjoying the ride, I have as many questions as you but just don’t see why you think the organisers should be revealing so many details when it’s their business not ours, what business tells their customers how they’re funded or what their detailed business plan is. As I’ve said all along if it works then great, and if it doesn’t then it’s a shame but at least they have tried to do something big for RL on the continent, which as far as I can make out nobody else has done. 

I can't think why a media IT  social media mogul like Buchan or any one of his associates would not simply come onto this forum and answer some fairly basic questions to people  ( some  it  seems  influential )  who have the love of the game in their hearts and want any solid development to succeed

3 minutes ago, del capo said:

I can't think why a media IT  social media mogul like Buchan or any one of his associates would not simply come onto this forum and answer some fairly basic questions to people  ( some  it  seems  influential )  who have the love of the game in their hearts and want any solid development to succeed

Is there anything on the EuroX111 website? ? 

4 minutes ago, del capo said:

The responses on twitter have been "do your homework" and "did they apply?"

14 minutes ago, del capo said:

Because they probably don’t know about this (irrelevant) forum and I expect nobody has asked them to come on. Why not ask them?

6 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

The responses on twitter have been "do your homework" and "did they apply?"

And the kit you have to wear is from Buchan's  unproven Chinese makers rather than O'Neills from Ireland or Rhinos from Wales. No need clearly for robust  RL warfare gear... Mick Turner at  Ravensport could do better.......

1 hour ago, Impartial Observer said:

Are the draft players getting paid to play?

No not according the Euro XIII. 

They will pay to transport the draft players to the clubs. Its then up to the clubs to provide board and lodge for the players. 

If this is until the clubs get knocked out of the cup (1 game if its a straight ko format) or for the duration of the competiton (till after the final) the clubs I have talked to are unsure how it will work. 

One reponse to the question (and not from the Dutch club by the way) was "when we are out the draft players are out" 

Maybe Euro XIII will take over the draft players board and lodge once their team is out. Maybe they will have a "losers hotel" in Valencia. Who knows how it will work. 

I suppose it will be cleared up before the draft players board a plane, boat or automobile. 

5 minutes ago, del capo said:

And the kit you have to wear is from Buchan's  unproven Chinese makers rather than O'Neills from Ireland or Rhinos from Wales. No need clearly for robust  RL warfare gear... Mick Turner at  Ravensport could do better.......

I imagine it would be the same as valencia hurricanes, so at least its played 1 game!

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Because they probably don’t know about this (irrelevant) forum and I expect nobody has asked them to come on. Why not ask them?

Much more intensive activity on this forum ( 18k + hits ) than the Euro X 111 twitter.

Bring it on Dean. You're the salesman . Put yourself in our marketplace..... sell it to us and satisfy by answering  all our obviously unfounded worries about this game changer........

29 minutes ago, del capo said:

Much more intensive activity on this forum ( 18k + hits ) than the Euro X 111 twitter.

Bring it on Dean. You're the salesman . Put yourself in our marketplace..... sell it to us and satisfy by answering  all our obviously unfounded worries about this game changer........

You’re assuming he’s reading this forum though. I must admit I’ve never thought this forum might be considered influential, maybe it is though.

Anyway are you going to invite him on for us? I’m not registered with Twitter or Facebook otherwise I would. 

Eddie

Why are Euro XIII not willing to disclose their plans, structures and backing to the governing body of the game in Europe.

There is more to the email than Total RL has published?

If everything is in place why are Euro XIII not willing to work with the RLEF to bring this game changer to fruition for the benefit of the game as a whole. 

People were looking at it as "wow bring it on" but all the secrecy, all the selling to individual clubs without going through proper channels , makes you wonder what the real motives are and instead of public opinion being supportive you can see Buchan is dividing the game.

Its goes deeper than this irrelevant forum as well. 

Is it an ego trip? 

To be honest I am surprised at one of his sidekicks going against the RLEF after all the support and backing the governing body gave his organisation a few years ago when another group set up a rival competition. 

Guess loyalty means nothing anymore. 

3 minutes ago, Eddie said:

You’re assuming he’s reading this forum though. I must admit I’ve never thought this forum might be considered influential, maybe it is though.

Anyway are you going to invite him on for us? I’m not registered with Twitter or Facebook otherwise I would. 

And you really don' t think he and his organising committee have not read  the last 30 + pages already?

If he hasn't he's not the business man I anticipated.

Time to consider what level of  involvement you have  Eddie., if any.... 

The offer remains  to Dean Buchan

Convince us with solid responses on here  to all the questions raised and you may yet get a tsumani of support.

Do you want that support or could you not give a toss ?

12 minutes ago, yanto said:

To be honest I am surprised at one of his sidekicks going against the RLEF after all the support and backing the governing body gave his organisation a few years ago when another group set up a rival competition.

Italy?

1 minute ago, del capo said:

And you really don' t think he and his organising committee have not read  the last 30 + pages already?

If he hasn't he's not the business man I anticipated.

Time to consider what level of  involvement you have  Eddie., if any.... 

The offer remains  to Dean Buchan

Convince us with solid responses on here  to all the questions raised and you may yet get a tsumani of support.

Do you want that support or could you not give a toss ?

I’ve just realised you think I’m Dean Buchan ?

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Italy?

Yes, and may I add:  Italy have not even been fulfilling criteria to be AFFILIATE members let alone FULL members.  The RLEF has kept them on full status all these years.  Plus what Yanto mentioned.  The Italian rebels seem to be playing regular Rugby League, yet RLEF stuck with FIRL the whole way through their 'war'.

Biting the hand that feeds you / knife in the back at its finest.

Just now, scotchy1 said:

Why is it a question of loyalty? Why does the RLEF expect loyalty? it should be there to facilitate the game, its not something demanding of loyalty.

Why, if as the RLEF say, it isnt within their gift to prevent, why are they expected to work with it? if they arent working with it why would they disclose their plans, structures and backing to them?

Frankly public opinion has never been in favour of anything in RL. it is always split. And even if they were the most open and transparent organisation in the world people would still fight it. 

On this thread we have seen complaints that:

The RLEF Chairmen who works about 8 days a year for the RLEF hasnt single handedly run months of intensive due dilligence on them therefore its wrong. 

The clubs arent old enough even though its a development competition intended to develop new clubs.

Somebody contacted them and pretended they wanted to join and they said fine, heres an application form we will take it from there. Which for some reason is also really bad. 

They don't like the logos

they dont like the kit manufacturer

They havent abided by the RFL/BARLA rules for taking children on tour.

Its too ambitious

its not ambitious enough

its top down expansion

its starting at the bottom and thats too low a level. 

frankly, if only half of the RL fraternity want you dead, you're incredibly popular

Hello pal how was your weekend ?

Eddie. Never ever thought that  for one moment you were him You love vision  and I respect that.

You see a rising sun - as an Adminstrator I have to see where it has to set ( and it will )

Buchan is aware of the very many questions raised  he  only needs  to answer them to gain support.

Has instead launched on a ' Rambo 'new style business model to get to where he ( and maybe us ) need to get but in the meantime god help the Euro game. at club and even International level

Just needs structure.

Too much to ask ?

Archived