Euro XIIIs

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

You mentioned my friend that Eric Perez had used his ideas and resources, I asked for proof of this as you clearly know what he has put into the clubs?

When I was involved with a team we used to inform the League Secretary if we had arranged a friendly so they could sanction it and appoint a referee. It also meant more importantly that the game was covered for insurance purposes. Not really kissing anyone's backside is it? Maybe it is done differently in Wales.

As participant figures go towards funding the rfl gets from sport england I assume in some way the number of games each club play go towards this so by informing the league the game can get counted.  

Fair enough

30 minutes ago, Impartial Observer said:

No I certainly didn't my friend

Well i'm glad we're still mates. x

12 minutes ago, HarrogateKnights said:

Adding another capital city in Copenhagen being confirmed today. Get a cheap airline sponsor on board! 

Ah well at least Euro XIII are hitting the right targets. 

Another nation that has seen little activity in the last two years. 

Redeveloping nations that maybe need a boost. 

Maybe one of our members will give us information Bob8.. Think he has or had a lot to do with the Copenhagen region. 

5 minutes ago, yanto said:

Maybe one of our members will give us information Bob8.. Think he has or had a lot to do with the Copenhagen region. 

@Bob8 is on the promo vid!

Or at least I hope its him otherwise it'll be very embarrassing ?

4 minutes ago, yanto said:

You got a tin hat on mate. It's brutal at times in here brutal ??

Last time I have seen the place get too drunken was at my wedding reception.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

24 minutes ago, yanto said:

It has been a while since I have been particularly active. At the end of 2014, I left to go to California for a few years. Everything acheived with Danish rugby league since has been the work of others.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

43 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

It has been a while since I have been particularly active. At the end of 2014, I left to go to California for a few years. Everything acheived with Danish rugby league since has been the work of others.

Is there anything you can tell us about the Euro XIII Copenhagen club Bob?

12 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Is there anything you can tell us about the Euro XIII Copenhagen club Bob?

Not much as yet, there are some smart people involved and it would be great to see them manage something.

1 minute ago, langpark said:

I thought it was more like 5 years, no?

It has been quieter since about 2015. A few people left, leaving the remain people with a great deal to do.

1 minute ago, scotchy1 said:

I'm not defensive. It's an honest question.

Isnt the fact theres movement in areas there previously wasnt a good thing?

If it turns into real @movement", then yes.  As you know, I have my reservations about this competition going ahead.  I will not celebrate yet, all I have seen is a 30-second video.  Best of luck to them!

2 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Isnt the fact that RL.has been reawakend there a good thing?

Fair play to Euro XIII for awakening sleeping countries.

Can you name how many of the clubs have been active in domestic competitions in the last two three or four years ?

If his aim is raise the standards in Europe.....which he claims.... then in my opinion should he not be targeting clubs that are currently playing.

He is ignoring the established clubs ( or the established clubs are ignoring him maybe ) that would be a better option to bring his vision to fruition  and is going back to the very basic grassroots .

So far ...and I may be  wrong on this and I am willing to be corrected....only Rotterdam ,Mad Squirrels (love the name ) and Rhonda are actually playing  the game on a regular basis ??

You would think if his vision is to make the game stronger  in Europe he would be investing in clubs that actually play and not be looking to start new teams who will be five or even ten years behind the more established side.

Defies all logic  and his claims that he is looking to raise standards.

Just asking for a friend.

9 hours ago, Tre Cool said:

is anyone actually seriously excited by this tournament?  it all seems completely laughable to me.

IF it does go ahead, then yes I will be excited. I love combining city breaks with sporting action and would be happy to visit any of the locations announced so far, and watch a game.

BUT the question marks hanging over this project mean that I am not expecting to take a European city break next year for this purpose.

Just because something sounds outrageous does not mean it is not possible. Toronto are a good example of that. However Eric Perez had the good sense to repeatedly talk to the relevant governing body, agree a multiple year plan for how the Canadian city could be admitted to the English league structure, show his organisational ability in reforming the Canada national team, staging Test matches in Toronto, getting matches onto TV, lining up the money man and sponsors and then after a number of years solid work forming the Wolfpack.

This new proposed competition has so far shown no evidence that it has done anything similar. In fact by causing needless antagonism with the governing body, it risks games not going ahead because of a lack of referees and insurance.

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

Things are looking good.

A)Skane v Copenhagen (40 minutes over the osterund bridge)

B)Rotterdam v Brussels (3 hour road trip)

C)Dublin v Birmingham ..cheap enough day return flight

D)Mad Squirrels v Budapest ..another road trip 

E)Anadalou v ...Serbia out ,Greece out,Albania out.....this is a dificult one Maybe the long awaited Moldova club or even a Ukraine team 

F)Valencia v a North Italian club 

G) say Polish club v a surprise Austrian club ......another day trip..eaarly start that ?

H) Portugal which he has promised v another Spanish side..Again duable in a day

Round two

A v D North / Central Europe...not to expensive

B v C Flying Brussels of Rdam to the UK Dublin again Ryan Air decent enough cost.

E v G Turkey to Poland /Austria ..again Turkey stuck out on the edge ....difficult  better if its Ukraine or Moldova 

F v H Portugal Spain Italy group easy travel

Semi Finals in Valencia ..all paid for by sponsors backers ..thats his aim get everything into valencia.

Final Valencia

Buchan has out foxed us all ?????   ?????

Sorry to much time on my hands ?

Just completed a very illuminating search of what is in the public domain about the founder of the competition, which raises even more questions about the venture.

Linked In profile number 1- marketing manager, then owner of a language school Does not suggest someone of particular great wealth. Also note the spelling mistake in the name of his first company. If it does in fact refer to Northern Eye Properties, then that company was wound up in 2016.

Possible Linked In profile number two Look at the entries for Inspired Designs in both profiles. Spot the differences, now it may be entirely coincidental that two people who share the same name did essentially the same job for similarly named companies. If it is the same person behind both profiles, then the most charitable thing you can say is that he must be suffering from amnesia if he is unable to accurately remember the name of the company he worked for, or how long he worked there!

The name of the company group he founded in Valencia is also interesting. Let's give the benefit of the doubt that when naming his companies he had not heard of this Australian Venture Capital Group nor this IT consulting company in Florida. A check of the founders on both of these websites curiously does not return his name, a strange omission if he is indeed connected with them.

The Language school is also problematic. I used to teach English to International students and the first place I would go to find out information about schools was the website. This particular establishment does not have a website, only a Facebook page and 10 Likes and 12 Follows does not suggest a thriving business

The financial information about the school is also very revealing. It was started with a capital of what appears to be €3,000 (though it may possibly be €300,000) and appears to the company information website not to have filed any accounts.

Is this person a credible figurehead for a new international rugby league competition? I know if I was a Dragon on Dragon's den, I would be saying "I'm out!"

www.twitter.com/flyingking2

4 hours ago, yanto said:

If his aim is raise the standards in Europe.....which he claims.... then in my opinion should he not be targeting clubs that are currently playing.

He is ignoring the established clubs ( or the established clubs are ignoring him maybe ) that would be a better option to bring his vision to fruition  and is going back to the very basic grassroots .

So far ...and I may be  wrong on this and I am willing to be corrected....only Rotterdam ,Mad Squirrels (love the name ) and Rhonda are actually playing  the game on a regular basis ??

It certainly would make this mountain of a project slightly easier targeting only active and established clubs versus brand new entities and I agree with you that it would arguably help raise playing standards quicker.

Considering the claims of how many teams showed interest in joining (over 50 wasn't it?) then sure there must have been some more established entities in the mix to consider.  

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

Archived