Euro XIIIs

12 minutes ago, Tre Cool said:

It doesn't clarify anything at all.  It's as vague as possible without literally saying nothing at all. Come on people 

Politician's answers to everything plus some neat deflection by going off about questions that haven't been asked.

It's a work of art. "Nothing (Something), mixed media, 2020".

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I agree thats fine about the actual sources of the funding. 

I have one question about that. I've never heard of any government funding which doesn't require disclosure that that's the funding source from a very early stage. It's usually a key requirement of getting the money. Think of how the RFL have to be clear about Sport England all the time. I've had to do similar with them and bodies from other countries. I would have liked to have those sources named at least.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

I would like to know where Angelina Jolie lives, but she won't tell me. Witch!

Just now, gingerjon said:

I have one question about that. I've never heard of any government funding which doesn't require disclosure that that's the funding source from a very early stage. It's usually a key requirement of getting the money. Think of how the RFL have to be clear about Sport England all the time. I've had to do similar with them and bodies from other countries. I would have liked to have those sources named at least.

I agree with that, it leads me to believe that "government funding" translates into government owned pitches used for free or something like that. If it is proper government funding though that is probably why the RLEF wouldn't be impressed - that would be literally usurping their position.

Just now, Tommygilf said:

I agree with that, it leads me to believe that "government funding" translates into government owned pitches used for free or something like that. If it is proper government funding though that is probably why the RLEF wouldn't be impressed - that would be literally usurping their position.

Yes, that makes sense.

Just because you can't understand it, don't mean it ain't so.

Einstein said in 1913 that time passes more slowly near massive objects but to this day, my wife still can't get it! 

Want some more info Eddie ?

As previous stated by someone.. Not sure who now... Dean Buchan is keeping his eye on this conversation. 

If not Buchan himself he has someone reporting back. 

I have conclusive evidence but its confidential. 

Trust me on this point ?

11 minutes ago, yanto said:

As previous stated by someone.. Not sure who now... Dean Buchan is keeping his eye on this conversation. 

Trust me on this point ?

We are more powerful than we know ????

10 minutes ago, yanto said:

Trust me on this point ?

I don’t know why he’d keep an eye on an irrelevant RL forum, but good if he is, would be great if he’d come on and answer some of your more detailed questions. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

I don’t know why he’d keep an eye on an irrelevant RL forum, but good if he is, would be great if he’d come on and answer some of your more detailed questions. 

What better way  to get the opinions of a cross section of flat cap northern monkeys than follow them discussing his plans on a forum. 

The man's not daft ?

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Nah in all seriousness as far as online forums go this is a pretty excellent calibre. Lots of experience from a wide range of the RL fanbase and some genuinely interesting, considered and thought provoking discussions - with a high expectation of posters to provide comments based on evidenced opinions.

Its certainly of a higher calibre than virtually any other form of online discussion area.

49 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Is that one of the teams in this new competition?

Great idea, we should club together and enter the 2022 Euro XIIIs cup. Valencia Hurricanes v Flat Cap Northern Monkeys would be live on BBC1. 

2 hours ago, Eddie said:

Great idea, we should club together and enter the 2022 Euro XIIIs cup. Valencia Hurricanes v Flat Cap Northern Monkeys would be live on BBC1. 

Would be an ideal candidate for Euro XIII vision. 

New club, never played a game, not a member of any domestic competition. 

You know what Eddie this could work mate. 

1 hour ago, scotchy1 said:

So they should leave government funding not through the RLEF on the table?

Considering we don't know what they mean by government funding - it could just be local council backing to have the pitch or just code for the Spain RL which he runs anyway - I don't think its too fair to really suggest much. 

Though as I'd assume you knew, government funding is hardly a minor achievement and has been a problem securing throughout international RL on the basis of international legitimacy.

Archived