Euro XIIIs

I really can't see why you all have such a problem with this.

This chap's organising a party and he issued open invitations.

So many accepted the invitation, everyone else missed the boat, either from, lethargy, suspicion, doubt, lack of resources or lack of interest.

Now everyone, who's not going is whining and wailing and saying its going to be a carp party anyway.

Why don't you just mind your own business and let them get on with it?

I can understand everyone's curiosity being aroused and wanting the know more but almost everyone's pleas (for more information) are couched in strident envious negativity.

Can't you fu......ers wish them well? If they get this ''off the ground'' who knows what it might grow into in a few short years.

It's more than has been dared, or even dreamt of in the last century.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Edinburgh Eagles latest team added.

How did you find out Tom?

Not sure if its been posted but here is the part 2 of the Buchan interview

https://forty20.news/qa-euro-xiiis-general-manager-dean-buchan-part-two/

I still remain skeptical that no-one in the concept meetings has said no to anything here, leaving us still with a bit of confusion as to what exactly the point of this is and how that is going to be achieved.

36 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Not sure if its been posted but here is the part 2 of the Buchan interview

https://forty20.news/qa-euro-xiiis-general-manager-dean-buchan-part-two/

I still remain skeptical that no-one in the concept meetings has said no to anything here, leaving us still with a bit of confusion as to what exactly the point of this is and how that is going to be achieved.

They’ve been clear what the point of it is, I don’t know why people keep asking. 

51 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Edinburgh Eagles latest team added.

Some contributors to this forum are going to devastated by this news, as they’re an established club. I wonder what they’ll find to object to with Edinburgh. 

13 hours ago, yanto said:

Love the video..

Lots of " oppertunites of the devolping the game in the country as well as providing  coaching oppertunities  and referee oppertunities"  

Great comments .

But excuse me where has Moldova been when the RLEF has been providing these same oppertunities over the last 20 years due to Erasmus  grants funded by the EU and secured by the RLEF ?

So now the Euro XIII are promising ,by the guys talk in the video,to also provide funding to develop coaches and referees.

AMAZING ?

I can see where you are coming from Yanto, I am still scratching my head to work out how this will be funded but Hey Hoe if its genuine then  brill:)

Can I ask a question that I have not seen asked on here WHERE WILL THE OFFICIALS COME FROM ?

7 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

I can see where you are coming from Yanto, I am still scratching my head to work out how this will be funded but Hey Hoe if its genuine then  brill:)

Can I ask a question that I have not seen asked on here WHERE WILL THE OFFICIALS COME FROM ?

The funding will be interesting.

I hope the clubs don’t lose a lot of money if it all goes wrong and then become reluctant to join any RLEF competition proposal at a later date..

37 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Some contributors to this forum are going to devastated by this news, as they’re an established club. I wonder what they’ll find to object to with Edinburgh. 

I don't think anyone has any major problem with the clubs on an individual basis, all brought together though?

There must be 8 trips to fulfill the first round, 4 for the second, 2 for the semi and one (possibly 2) for the final.

So even if they are self-funding that means they'd have to pay for one trip each as an entry fee.  Success, in the first round, means no additional cost, for the next one and so on all the way to the final.

That is similar to my own clubs end of season tour.

The players saved up all year for it and each player paid his own way. That's no big deal.

(Bear in mind we went to Irlam so we'd have had no problem selling them a trip to some of Europe's glamorous sounding far flung destinations!)

Any money made in gate receipts, sponsorship, grants, (television deal) split evenly, offsets the cost of the entry fee for everyone.

If travel costs, hotel fees, transfers etc. can be negotiated in bulk then these costs may not be too much of a burden for a guarantor in the event of a shortfall in funds.

if you've got the enthusiastic interest from the clubs and its clear that they have, then this whole thing is do-able.

If they've got some sympathetic sponsors, it looks better already.

Add in few decent gates and a big turn out in the final and that's the icing on the cake. 

1 minute ago, fighting irish said:

There must be 8 trips to fulfill the first round, 4 for the second, 2 for the semi and one (possibly 2) for the final.

So even if they are self-funding that means they'd have to pay for one trip each as an entry fee.  Success, in the first round, means no additional cost, for the next one and so on all the way to the final.

The players saved up all year for it and each player paid his own way. That's no big deal.

(Bear in mind we went to Irlam so we'd have had no problem selling them a trip to some of Europe's glamorous sounding far flung destinations!)

Any money made in gate receipts, sponsorship, grants, (television deal) split evenly, offsets the cost of the entry fee for everyone.

If travel costs, hotel fees, transfers etc. can be negotiated in bulk then these costs may not be too much of a burden for a guarantor in the event of a shortfall in funds.

if you've got the enthusiastic interest from the clubs and its clear that they have, then this whole thing is do-able.

Add in few decent gates and a big turn out in the final and that's the icing on the cake. 

I agree this is all doable.

Going forward I think sub-Super League European Club competitions should be organised on a Champions League, Europa League, Europa League 1 etc or Nations league style.

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

I agree this is all doable.

Going forward I think sub-Super League European Club competitions should be organised on a Champions League, Europa League, Europa League 1 etc or Nations league style.

Tell me what that means Tom, I confess, I have no idea how those competitions run?

14 hours ago, yanto said:

Love the video..

Lots of " oppertunites of the devolping the game in the country as well as providing  coaching oppertunities  and referee oppertunities"  

Great comments .

But excuse me where has Moldova been when the RLEF has been providing these same oppertunities over the last 20 years due to Erasmus  grants funded by the EU and secured by the RLEF ?

So now the Euro XIII are promising ,by the guys talk in the video,to also provide funding to develop coaches and referees.

AMAZING ?

The guy actually says that they heard about the XIIIs and got a team together.  

I hope the venture stimulates something in the way of development but those same lads, might just go back to cycling and fishing.  

It would be amazing if a real player or speed freak emerged that gets snapped up by SL.

Just now, fighting irish said:

Tell me what that means Tom, I confess, I have no idea how those competitions run?

So like a tiered league System. So instead of having all the teams in the same league/cup, teams play in "leagues" with increasing strength and the ability to move up and down. Aim is to get everyone competing at a level they can win at but also not coast.

Only hiccup I see to that is that the RLEF seem to want to start this from the top vs the more open EuroXIIIs, so someone, likely EuroXIIIs, will have to sacrifice the primacy of their comp. Buchan used the Nike vs Adidas comparison but I think its more Nike (normal trainers from the shop anyone can buy) vs adidas (professional athletes moulded footwear).

1 minute ago, 17 stone giant said:

I don't use Twitter so I was wondering is there an official website yet for this new competition? I'd be interested in looking at what teams are taking part.

There's no website. There is a Facebook page I suppose

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

I don’t use Twitter either but you can still look at their Twitter page without being registered on it 

https://mobile.twitter.com/euroxiiis

Thanks. I did actually know that but it was more that I was hoping to see a proper website with things explained and laid out clearly, rather than having to scroll down on Twitter looking for info. Hopefully they will make one at some stage.

3 minutes ago, 17 stone giant said:

Thanks. I did actually know that but it was more that I was hoping to see a proper website with things explained and laid out clearly, rather than having to scroll down on Twitter looking for info. Hopefully they will make one at some stage.

Oh sweet summer child

2 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

So like a tiered league System. So instead of having all the teams in the I li same league/cup, teams play in "leagues" with increasing strength and the ability to move up and down. Aim is to get everyone competing at a level they can win at but also not coast.

Only hiccup I see to that is that the RLEF seem to want to start this from the top vs the more open EuroXIIIs, so someone, likely EuroXIIIs, will have to sacrifice the primacy of their comp. Buchan used the Nike vs Adidas comparison but I think its more Nike (normal trainers from the shop anyone can buy) vs adidas (professional athletes moulded footwear).

That sounds like the ''squash ladder'' I mentioned in an earlier post/thread. I like that idea. I liked the idea too of having International / rep sides in the Euro comp playing in the league. That way the domestic leagues would not lose a club to the  Euro XIII competition but maybe each club would lose just a few players to the National/rep team. This way, the rep teams could, if funded properly, play every week and be crowned European International Champions at the end. The incentive of being selected for their National team, to play in the European Championships would surely excite young players.

3 hours ago, fighting irish said:

When a World Cup qualifier like this one only attracts 323 spectators, I wouldn't hold my breath about those gates if I were you.

1 minute ago, Big Picture said:

When a World Cup qualifier like this one only attracts 323 spectators, I wouldn't hold my breath about those gates if I were you.

Sorry to pour water on your negativity but if the game grew in Spain (which Valencia joining L1 and teams being in Euro XIIIs would help), their international attendances might grow. 

Archived