Euro XIIIs

On 09/08/2020 at 00:55, Spidey said:

Not really. Insurance providers will state that any games need to be sanctioned by an official governing body. This is where the issue will be be

I can tell you from experience this is not the case.

Why would an insurance company care what governing body anyone is affiliated with?

new rise.jpg

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Pulga said:

I can tell you from experience this is not the case.

Why would an insurance company care what governing body anyone is affiliated with?

The details of insurance policies both for junior and open age rugby league that I’ve seen over the years clearly state that the policy would only be valid for games sanctioned by the relevant official governing body

3 hours ago, Spidey said:

The details of insurance policies both for junior and open age rugby league that I’ve seen over the years clearly state that the policy would only be valid for games sanctioned by the relevant official governing body

Ok. With the internationals I've dealt with that wasn't the case. It's a mathematical equation based on their risk formula. 

new rise.jpg

10 hours ago, Pulga said:

Ok. With the internationals I've dealt with that wasn't the case. It's a mathematical equation based on their risk formula. 

Ah, the voice of experience. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

More afoot than meets the eye? The Italians are the other guys alongside Buchan's Spanish RL behind the Euro XIIIs

Euro XIIIs have been very quiet for the last few weeks, nothing on their twitter feed which is unusual for them, I was wondering if something was wrong. 

9 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Euro XIIIs have been very quiet for the last few weeks, nothing on their twitter feed which is unusual for them, I was wondering if something was wrong. 

I don't know to be honest I expect their plans for open trials are being put on hold by covid and other than that they don't really have much to announce till next year

5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I can see why England and France would get more votes but not Scotland. 

You are correct mate.  I will copy/paste what I wrote over in the other thread about an hour ago regarding this article:

Did this Aaron Bower bloke skip the "fact-checking" class when he went to journalism school?

At present, a number of nations – including England, Scotland and France – have four votes for every proposal tabled, while other affiliate nations receive just one.

Scotland are NOT full members:

https://www.rlef.eu.com/teams/affiliate

Disappointing as this is not the first time the same journalist has put out misinformation and coincidentally, last time it was also to push the same agenda.

21 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

More afoot than meets the eye? The Italians are the other guys alongside Buchan's Spanish RL behind the Euro XIIIs

Beats actually organising the tournament, I guess.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

If only they put the same amount of effort into developing the game in their own backyards.  Both Italy and Spain, are closing in on 3 years without a match involving two local teams (13-a-side).  How Italy is a full member (criterias states you need minimum 8 men's teams and 4 youth teams) is beyond me.

1 hour ago, langpark said:

If only they put the same amount of effort into developing the game in their own backyards.  Both Italy and Spain, are closing in on 3 years without a match involving two local teams (13-a-side).  How Italy is a full member (criterias states you need minimum 8 men's teams and 4 youth teams) is beyond me.

This is exactly why England & France have the power of veto. In reality they’re the only serious organisations who are involved

2 hours ago, langpark said:

It will be someone else’s fault.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

7 hours ago, langpark said:

Not seen the AGM agenda or anything like that but-

half of these affiliated guys are not doing much in terms of  a viable national competition , single team people , yet want to control the development of the Euro Game ? 

Spent too much of my life in  RL Sports Politics not to spot a run at the gate....

Spain are financed by as yet unnamed sources. Probably Italy and maybe Turkey as well

Would be incredibly happy if they came upfront to support TGG They seemingly  will not.

But would seriously advise RLEF   to  check these movements and change their own constitution  ( RLEF  have the votes )  to include club level activities rather than just national ones within their rules Then we have a proper flow...........

But do these guys want that ?

Just asking ?

I've said all along that there is nothing to stop EuroXIII working within agreed structures and by not doing so it's potentially going to damage the sport.

They now appear to be making moves to lead a breakaway from the RLEF. I don't see what benefit they get from attacking the RLEF. Seems to be about control, and it all continues to look really dodgy. 

11 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Would like more details on what the governance review will consist of, what the timescales are and who will decide whether the findings are accepted or not. I assume the independent assessment element is designed to placate the 9 unhappy countries.

3 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Would like more details on what the governance review will consist of, what the timescales are and who will decide whether the findings are accepted or not. I assume the independent assessment element is designed to placate the 9 unhappy countries.

I don't know if minutes are published but you would expect there to be more detail via some of the RL reporters.

4 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

I don't know if minutes are published but you would expect there to be more detail via some of the RL reporters.

Yeah, it's a bit light on detail so hopefully more will come out over the next few days.

It really needs sorting out, division is the last thing the game needs in Europe.

Archived