Euro XIIIs

14 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Would like more details on what the governance review will consist of, what the timescales are and who will decide whether the findings are accepted or not. I assume the independent assessment element is designed to placate the 9 unhappy countries.

Has the "9 unhappy countries" actually been verified? Because I cannot see much evidence of this being true.

The minutes indeed, should be more revealing, hopefully they are uploaded to the official site soon.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, langpark said:

Has the "9 unhappy countries" actually been verified? Because I cannot see much evidence of this being true.

The minutes indeed, should be more revealing, hopefully they are uploaded to the official site soon.

Don't know, but not seen anything from RLEF or in the media denying it.

Whether it's 1 or 9, I just hope this is the road to reconciliation.

5 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Don't know, but not seen anything from RLEF or in the media denying it.

Of course they do not publicly acknowledge every bit of gossip going around on the internet.

I am just highly skeptical because that same "reporter", in that same article said Scotland is a full member therefore has 4 votes. It only takes 5 seconds of research on RLEF site to see that is not true. So you have to wonder how reliable the rest of his info is.

22 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Yeah, it's a bit light on detail so hopefully more will come out over the next few days.

It really needs sorting out, division is the last thing the game needs in Europe.

From the sounds of the news article, there isn't any division but they will be carrying out a governance review to see if the current one is fit for purpose or needs re-evaluating now. Seems perfectly reasonable

4 hours ago, DoubleD said:

From the sounds of the news article, there isn't any division but they will be carrying out a governance review to see if the current one is fit for purpose or needs re-evaluating now. Seems perfectly reasonable

I don't know if there is open division, but some nations are/were apparently not happy with the existing governance, hence the letter from (allegedly up to) 9 nations calling for a review. Lee Addison and Carlo Napolitano on the Rugby League Europe podcast talked about it at length a few weeks ago (Episode 7). Hopefully any discontent is going to get sorted now.

5 hours ago, DoubleD said:

I can tell you now its not.  A lot of professional sports administrators have got drunk with power over the years.

Nations are essentially self-financed and ran on a volunteer basis and my own experience is people don't get treated respectfully by the RLEF.  Humans being humans need to have checks and balances when you get power or you end up with narcissists gaining control.

On 15/09/2020 at 15:37, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

I can tell you now its not.  A lot of professional sports administrators have got drunk with power over the years.

Nations are essentially self-financed and ran on a volunteer basis and my own experience is people don't get treated respectfully by the RLEF.  Humans being humans need to have checks and balances when you get power or you end up with narcissists gaining control.

???

Do  you now  support anarchic activities ?

I hear  what you say and  maybe understand that but

The RFL will step in and sort it out.... Euro X111 remains unsanctioned. and if it ever gets off the ground will fly totally unprotected by   Governing Bodies.

That said  the issue of constitutional reform within RLEF remains a lively debate. I heard  some wanted a voting restructure. 

Totally agree.

And within all of that a rule that  brings club activities within the control of National Bodies rather than as at present . The likes of EURO 13  and its clubs would then have to be effectively  passed  on a due diligence process by all concerned before embarking on this sort of fun......

On 16/09/2020 at 22:12, del capo said:

???

Do  you now  support anarchic activities ?

I hear  what you say and  maybe understand that but

The RFL will step in and sort it out.... Euro X111 remains unsanctioned. and if it ever gets off the ground will fly totally unprotected by   Governing Bodies.

That said  the issue of constitutional reform within RLEF remains a lively debate. I heard  some wanted a voting restructure. 

Totally agree.

And within all of that a rule that  brings club activities within the control of National Bodies rather than as at present . The likes of EURO 13  and its clubs would then have to be effectively  passed  on a due diligence process by all concerned before embarking on this sort of fun......

The RFL are the tumour in the sport.  The RLEF needs to be purged of people with RFL backgrounds.

1 hour ago, TheLegendOfTexEvans said:

The RFL are the tumour in the sport.  The RLEF needs to be purged of people with RFL backgrounds.

That's a bit strong Tex.

How have you come the this conclusion?

You must have information, some of us do not.

Would you care to elaborate? 

14 hours ago, thebrewxi said:

Droitwich Jaguars to play Valencia Hurricanes in Jan 2021 as a warm up, apparently. Not sure if in the Midlands or in Spain.

That wouldn't be the same jaguars that are definitely not the same as Birmingham Jaguars or Worcester Jaguars would it?

8 minutes ago, langpark said:

50 days since Euro 13 social media accounts have shown any signs of life.  From posting almost daily to defeaning silence.

I wonder how the clubs that signed up are feeling right now.

Seems like they've got bored of their lockdown brainchild

4 minutes ago, langpark said:

50 days since Euro 13 social media accounts have shown any signs of life.  From posting almost daily to defeaning silence.

I wonder how the clubs that signed up are feeling right now.

Hi,

I can't speak for how the other clubs are feeling but I would guess they are happy with everything at present.  Things have been quiet on the organisers social media but that is because there has been loads of work going on in the background.  You may have also noticed that our social media has been very quiet this last month as we were doing a lot of work behind the scenes with WRL and COVID protocols.

What I can say is that we have spoken with the organisers every week and have had been kept up to date with whats going on.  A lot of the work is nearly done so I expect you'll start to see more comms from them in the near future.

As for us, there is no Rugby League activity (training, matches, etc.) in Wales until Dec 1st when the next review will be so you'll see less comms from us on social media as we continue to work behind the scenes to ensure our players are staying fit and healthy both mentaly and physical and also whilst we continue to do a lot of work around getting ready for the Euro's.  We are hoping to have a big announcement about the club in the next few months (not Euro related) but we won't be ready to publish anything until it is all finalised.

5 minutes ago, Rhondda Outlaws said:

Hi,

I can't speak for how the other clubs are feeling but I would guess they are happy with everything at present.  Things have been quiet on the organisers social media but that is because there has been loads of work going on in the background.  You may have also noticed that our social media has been very quiet this last month as we were doing a lot of work behind the scenes with WRL and COVID protocols.

What I can say is that we have spoken with the organisers every week and have had been kept up to date with whats going on.  A lot of the work is nearly done so I expect you'll start to see more comms from them in the near future.

As for us, there is no Rugby League activity (training, matches, etc.) in Wales until Dec 1st when the next review will be so you'll see less comms from us on social media as we continue to work behind the scenes to ensure our players are staying fit and healthy both mentaly and physical and also whilst we continue to do a lot of work around getting ready for the Euro's.  We are hoping to have a big announcement about the club in the next few months (not Euro related) but we won't be ready to publish anything until it is all finalised.

Thanks for the update!

• 2 weeks later...
'In light of the continued disruption that Covid 19 is causing through the world, the organisers of Euro XIIIs met with the participating clubs to discuss a range of subjects relating to the 2021 format. A representative from each club was invited to vote on postponing the tournament to either September 2021 or February 2022. The clubs voted unanimously to postpone the tournament until February 2022.
Additionally the 16 clubs were invited to vote on an amendment to the tournament that would mean the knockout cup competition is replaced by a group stage with 4 teams in each group. Again clubs voted unanimously to the amendment that guarantees each team a minimum of 3 games rather than the original 1. The draw for which will take place on the 16th October 2020.
Whilst it is disappointing that the current pandemic is forcing a delay, both the organisers and clubs continue to look forward to this exciting tournament that promises to develop rugby league throughout Europe.
Dean Buchan
Euro XIII's'

22 minutes ago, thebrewxi said:
'In light of the continued disruption that Covid 19 is causing through the world, the organisers of Euro XIIIs met with the participating clubs to discuss a range of subjects relating to the 2021 format. A representative from each club was invited to vote on postponing the tournament to either September 2021 or February 2022. The clubs voted unanimously to postpone the tournament until February 2022.
Additionally the 16 clubs were invited to vote on an amendment to the tournament that would mean the knockout cup competition is replaced by a group stage with 4 teams in each group. Again clubs voted unanimously to the amendment that guarantees each team a minimum of 3 games rather than the original 1. The draw for which will take place on the 16th October 2020.
Whilst it is disappointing that the current pandemic is forcing a delay, both the organisers and clubs continue to look forward to this exciting tournament that promises to develop rugby league throughout Europe.
Dean Buchan
Euro XIII's'

Shocker 

I prefer the move to group stages then knock outs. Straight knock out cups are old hat now anyway 👀👀👀

From a development perspective, which is what ultimately I see this resulting in, a guaranteed 3 home games and 6 overall is about right imo. It will be interesting to see how or if they look at seeding teams.

1 minute ago, thebrewxi said:

Slightly gutted Jaguars will be playing these games away from their home though it seems. 😞

Why is that? Its 4 team groups with 3 home and 3 away games?

Edit: is it because the Birmingham Jaguars will be in Worcester? 😉

Archived