Euro XIIIs

4 minutes ago, stevevalerugby said:

Thanks like i said hope you do really well and i know one of your players Sam Buckthought as he played Junior RL with my son who now plays for Halifax RLFC

Trained with Bucky this morning, great kid.

Who’s your son mate?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Well we will see wont we. And if they do get off the ground you can come and eat crow. 

If not you can bask in the glory of your foresight 

You can't seem to grasp what a lot of people are saying. 

Why organise a new competition, finance it with money that is unheard of for the amateur game in Europe then fail to get the support of or work alongside the governing body of the game. 

It just defies all logic. 

2 minutes ago, yanto said:

You can't seem to grasp what a lot of people are saying. 

Why organise a new competition, finance it with money that is unheard of for the amateur game in Europe then fail to get the support of or work alongside the governing body of the game. 

It just defies all logic. 

Because the RLEF don’t want to support something so revolutionary, and/or don’t have the resource to do it anyway?

With one of the draft cities being Birmingham, they will be expected to produce another 19 players for the draft. Are these players likely to come from Jaguars' ranks or outside?

Also, how does it work, if Euro XIII management offer Jaguars players money to be draft players rather than represent the Jaguars? Any talk of fair play or gentlemen's agreements when it comes to that sort of thing? It would be a bit unfair if Jaguars lost a dozen of their own players because of the draft. 

17 minutes ago, yanto said:

So my club have signed a three year deal with a kit supplier and a main sponsor but Euro XIII will tell me who I have to buy my kit from and what sponsor I have to wear. 

That will surely have a massive affect on trust with my supplier and local sponsors in the future and also with the income needed to run the club. 

Hmmm!! 

With their sponsors means the club’s existing sponsors - apologies I was slightly ambiguous in my original statement. 

Just now, langpark said:

With one of the draft cities being Birmingham, they will be expected to produce another 19 players for the draft. Are these players likely to come from Jaguars' ranks or outside?

Also, how does it work, if Euro XIII management offer Jaguars players money to be draft players rather than represent the Jaguars? Any talk of fair play or gentlemen's agreements when it comes to that sort of thing? It would be a bit unfair if Jaguars lost a dozen of their own players because of the draft. 

Pass on that one sorry, I’ve not spoken to anybody at the club about the draft. 

3 hours ago, langpark said:

Do you still think all the Birmingham draft players will be from Birmingham ?

31 minutes ago, ATLANTISMAN said:

Certainly does makes the forum more interesting at present though:) 

P

Indeed it does, in fact it makes Northern Hemisphere RL more interesting, something Super League (and the RLEF) have failed to do for some time. As much as I love Super League and the game in general this is livening things up big time, more than anything other than TWP have done in ages. 

I don't understand how it's going to happen, when it's going to happen, where it's going to happen, where the players will come from, where the money will come from etc 

Looks like a good project on paper(if it's actually been put down on paper) 

13 hours ago, yanto said:

So my club have signed a three year deal with a kit supplier and a main sponsor but Euro XIII will tell me who I have to buy my kit from and what sponsor I have to wear. 

That will surely have a massive affect on trust with my supplier and local sponsors in the future and also with the income needed to run the club. 

Hmmm!! 

If the kit is free at source then that should not be a problem. I presume local deals on kit sponsorship etc can be appropriately advanced in the club's local competitions ( if they have one  and go beyond a couple of games a season.)

Whole different ball game if they are forced  to purchase kit and equipment from an as yet unknown supplier endorsing sponsors who may not be  socially acceptable ( who knows ? ) at a price that could well be over the top   -  ending up with the clubs indirectly financing this activity themselves.....

It's one of them where it will either do great or flop at this stage difficult to say which. As long as the teams are spread out a little always a chance for it to do well as you have the option of a rep team development which often happens. You don't want too many teams from one area but be good to get Scotland and Northern Ireland represented if possible and maybe a team from Northern France. 

41 minutes ago, barnyia said:

I don't understand how it's going to happen, when it's going to happen, where it's going to happen, where the players will come from, where the money will come from etc 

Looks like a good project on paper(if it's actually been put down on paper) 

When is...

February & March 2021 over 4 knock-out rounds. Semi finals and final in Valencia.

Does anyone yet have a handle on the actual ability levels  of the clubs involved in this Europe wide Cup.? Maybe just a little bit too much hype just yet.

I noticed that in this year's 2020 Challenge Cup Barrow Island , an amateur club in the NCL second Division , beat newly accepted club and Welsh champions Rhondda Outlaws 84 - 6.

31 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

It doesnt at all.

But you arent ever going to accept the reasons they have chosen the route they have chosen so why not just wait and see?

Read back. 

I have had run ins with the governing body. I am not or was not a great lover of some of the workings of the RLEF but a project that is going to be a game changer( if it succeeds) needs to be be affiliated with the governing body if it is to use RLEF clubs and officials who are funded in development by the RLEF Erasmus grants. 

If Euro XIII are looking to form a breakaway competition then the clubs who are at present RLEF affiliated will surely loose their right to RLEF funding UNLESS the RLEF sanction this competition 

To me you don't seem to be arsed about any fall out and seem to think Euro XIII have the right to encourage affiliated clubs to join them with no consequences to said clubs. 

Its not just a 16 team competition that Euro XIII are proposing its yet another splintering of the game due to what seems to be one guy thinking he can set up a comp using teams that have been assisted and funded in their development by the organisation he is refusing to work with. 

I'm sure if he or the RLEF came to an agreement, which we may still yet see, then a lot of people would be more comfortable with what is unravelling. 

The latest public twitter spat now seems to be with Coventry Bears. 

In my opinion if Euro XIII are intent of trampling over people at all levels of the game with no consideration then we are in for some hostile opposition to his vision. 

That can not be good for anyone. 

PS. 

Still waiting for the link towards RLEF saying there will be no consequences to the clubs that have entered. 

26 minutes ago, del capo said:

Does anyone yet have a handle on the actual ability levels  of the clubs involved in this Europe wide Cup.? Maybe just a little bit too much hype just yet.

I noticed that in this year's 2020 Challenge Cup Barrow Island , an amateur club in the NCL second Division , beat newly accepted club and Welsh champions Rhondda Outlaws 84 - 6.

I don’t think anyone is saying it’s going to be high quality. The point is to raise the profile of RL in Europe, and is currently doing that without a ball being kicked. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I don’t think anyone is saying it’s going to be high quality. The point is to raise the profile of RL in Europe, and is currently doing that without a ball being kicked. 

Ain't seen any rise in the profile of the game in the Netherlands. Not one piece of media interest apart from what's been posted on the clubs Facebook page. Around 10 usual suspects discussing here on TRL forum and two or three are actually based on the continent. 

Yep without a ball being kicked he has raised the profile in Europe . ???

9 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

It was langpark who sad the RLEF had said there would be no consequences.

I'm not too bothered about the fall.out because their isnt likely to be any great fall out.

RLEF dont need to sanction it or support it to allow it.

Just to pick up on what you said about coventry bears, coventry initiated that 'spat', I'm not sure that constitutes trampling over people at all levels.

What I would say is that RL is in such a position that anyone doing anything worth doing is going to trample over someone 

Going round in circles. 

Jumping of your roundabout mate. 

Failure is of no consequence. ?

Archived