Euro XIIIs

Just now, thebrewxi said:

No. Theres no games in Worcester. However there seems to be games everywhere else 🙂

That was joke but in all seriousness, why would they not be playing at home/where would the 3 games they're supposed to play at home be?

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Why is that? Its 4 team groups with 3 home and 3 away games?

Edit: is it because the Birmingham Jaguars will be in Worcester? 😉

It's a minimum of three games in the text above, not a minimum of three home games.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Just now, Tommygilf said:

Ah I see I misread. Would that mean at least 1 home game each though?

Goodness knows.

I'm going to stop treating it like a serious proposal until it starts acting like one.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

38 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

That was joke but in all seriousness, why would they not be playing at home/where would the 3 games they're supposed to play at home be?

Ditto re joke.  Euro games to be played at Aston Uni pitches, and not the Glyn Mitchell Ground where they will be playing their South West conference games.

There's two questions off the back of that here I think - 1. why start a community club and try and possibly establish some local support over 18 month with games, youth set up, etc and then take the (allegedly) most high profile game 6 junctions up the motorway - there may only be one 'home' Euro game. And 2 - will the RFL actually allow them  to play an unsanctioned game in England 2022

23 minutes ago, thebrewxi said:

Ditto re joke.  Euro games to be played at Aston Uni pitches, and not the Glyn Mitchell Ground where they will be playing their South West conference games.

There's two questions off the back of that here I think - 1. why start a community club and try and possibly establish some local support over 18 month with games, youth set up, etc and then take the (allegedly) most high profile game 6 junctions up the motorway - there may only be one 'home' Euro game. And 2 - will the RFL actually allow them  to play an unsanctioned game in England 2022

Ah the perils of the internet 

Doesn't make much sense at all does it

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Ah the perils of the internet 

Doesn't make much sense at all does it

to put it in context, it would be quicker to drive from the Jaguar's "home" ground to watch them play away at the All Golds, than it would be to watch a "home" Euro match.

So, just to recap...

April: idea is first launched as 8-team format.

May: format increase to 16 teams.

October: format changes again meaning that we will now see a total of 32 matches (as opposed to 16 in May, and just 8 back in April).

So, the costs have essentially quadrupled. So I can only assume investment has increased accordingly also.

2 hours ago, langpark said:

So, just to recap...

April: idea is first launched as 8-team format.

May: format increase to 16 teams.

October: format changes again meaning that we will now see a total of 32 matches (as opposed to 16 in May, and just 8 back in April).

So, the costs have essentially quadrupled. So I can only assume investment has increased accordingly also.

Tbf between those 3 times the world has changed significantly

52 minutes ago, langpark said:

How so? Has wealth suddenly doubled? 

Well we went from a 3 weeks only shutdown to 3 and a half months, to we're coming out of this now, to oh no second wave more restrictions for 6 months at least.

57 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Well we went from a 3 weeks only shutdown to 3 and a half months, to we're coming out of this now, to oh no second wave more restrictions for 6 months at least.

Meanwhile, several pan European leagues are playing. Some even with crowds.

(I know they're not directly comparable for reasons but this is not elite sport and we've seen rugby league being played in Europe through the summer.)

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Do you think delaying the tournament means it doesn’t look serious? 

I think putting out a press release in an unformatted note attached to a tweet looks pretty amateur.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived