One for the stattos on here....

There's a facebook watch party on right now, showing the 1981 RL Cup Final between Widnes and Hull KR.

The photo of Widnes parading the cup (sorry for the spoiler!) made me wonder, along with Brian Lockwood, how many other cup winning players have returned to Wembley, or other venues, and won the RL Challenge Cup the following year playing for a different team.

There must be a few, I know you lot won't let me down eeking them out! 

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

18 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

There's a facebook watch party on right now, showing the 1981 RL Cup Final between Widnes and Hull KR.

The photo of Widnes parading the cup (sorry for the spoiler!) made me wonder, along with Brian Lockwood, how many other cup winning players have returned to Wembley, or other venues, and won the RL Challenge Cup the following year playing for a different team.

There must be a few, I know you lot won't let me down eeking them out! 

Lee Gilmour is one. 

19 minutes ago, Marty Funkhouser said:

Lee Gilmour is one. 

Good shout, although playing for so many different clubs he had a fair chance.

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

There was a party in our house when it was first shown.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

We seem to have drifted off from the main point of the thread but never mind.

All still interesting.

8 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

We seem to have drifted off from the main point of the thread but never mind.

All still interesting.

Agree.

You're original question had me stumped though. Nearest I could get was Clive Sullivan winning it with Hull KR in '80 and with Hull in '82.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

17 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Lee Gilmour - Wigan, Bradford and Saints. 
Shaun Lunt - Huddersfield, Hull KR, Leeds. 
Kevin Iro - Wigan, Leeds, Saints. 
Gary Connolly - Saints, Wigan, Leeds. 
Bobbie Goulding - Wigan, Widnes, Saints. 
Kevin Brown - Wigan, Huddersfield, Warrington. 

Leon Pryce Bradford,Saints, Hull?

Archived