SUNDAYS GAME

ginaldo

I'll tell you who the steward was.....my missus!! He accused her of pulling his hair, but video showed her with spare ball under one arm, fag in the other hand and at least 5 yards away from him when it happened. Steve Ball took it to the RFL as proof but she never got an apology. Culprit was a spectator from the crowd.

Hi phildog, yes she was stood well away, all the trouble started earlier when them 2/3 lads jumped the railings and went up to where the 2 players where scrapping, that's when the ref went over to Steve Ball and the police went round there.

Golly I'll bet you where frozen that day.

19 hours ago, Dog forever said:

Hi col can you let me know how to find my numbers, cos I got fb but cant see mine. 

Sorry cant Dog  forever.  All I know is the numbers are allocated once the time has expired to purchase. I'm looking myself on facebook but cant find. 

Suggest you ask KTF as it was he who posted that info.

Sorry cant help .

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

1 hour ago, Bi11 said:

Watching the video I thought that Howard Bailey was outstanding  but I'm struggling to remember him (or what I did yesterday!).  Would someone like to give my memory a nudge?

Played with "the dark side". Came to us. Last time I spoke to him he was carving ham on the last stall standing on Batley Market.....Roberts'.

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Howard played amateur for The George just below Fox's and then Shaw's I believe, don't remember him having played for Dewsbury but could be wrong. He now owns the Eric Roberrs business.

54 minutes ago, Dog Faced Gremlin said:

Are we allowed to have the lowdown on the sending off if we say "allegedly" a lot?

As Phildog says,it was a spectator from the crowd who pulled Cogger's hair but he accused the female steward.

after that fracas (involving Andy Williams and McAllister? ) Oldham then scored a try.

as Cogger was walking back after the try,Referee Morris saw him gesturing to the crowd and so sent him off.

if you look carefully at the dvd you see Cogger give the 'V' sign or flip the bird at the crowd.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Cogger certainly got morris attention. Perhaps he needed a quiet word with scotty or big geoff one aft behind taverners.

Keith rayne good job.

Which other player coaches have we had. Mike kuiti. Geoff grayshon.....

'Shaw cross juniors, Birkenshaw, Mirfield, Heckmondwike Panthers, Stainland Stags and then the Heavy woolen donkeys... WARDY, STOZZA, GT, KARL OR KEAR MUST OF DROPPED A DIGIT FROM MY MOBILE NUMBER! :clapping:

28 minutes ago, Dog Faced Gremlin said:

I wander if cogger would have got sent off for gesturing to the crowd in the modern game.

i would hope he'd at least be sin binned.

inciting the crowd.

saying that it can be quite embarrassing listening to some of the things shouted at players sometimes.

some people deserve a good smack.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

On 18/05/2020 at 20:00, 9' oller said:

Cogger certainly got morris attention. Perhaps he needed a quiet word with scotty or big geoff one aft behind taverners.

Keith rayne good job.

Which other player coaches have we had. Mike kuiti. Geoff grayshon.....

dave stockwell

Stoopid Cup Winner 2012

Jon Crossley (Keith Rayne's assistant)

think he played a couple of times that season when we were struggling. 

Archived