Revised State of Origin dates - No Ashes

23 hours ago, Leyther_Matt said:

The ‘NHS Cup’ suggestions of earlier in the week aren’t a coincidence, I would suspect. Though, as above, whether anyone would be allowed to watch is another matter entirely. 

I expect we’ll be allowed to watch by then. That said England v Wales wouldn’t be much of a draw anyway, they could easily social distance fans out around the ground. 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

I expect we’ll be allowed to watch by then. That said England v Wales wouldn’t be much of a draw anyway, they could easily social distance fans out around the ground. 

Katherine Jenkins in one stand

Stereophonics in another

Adele down one end

Coldplay in the main stand

5 minutes of singing each, England vs. Wales.

Sell the game to TV as a rugby league international and a live concert. 

Again, absolutely no official announcement from the RFL, we have to hear this from Australia. You can still buy tickets for the Ashes tests (yes, I did just check the online booking site)....

Amateurish from the RFL

On 15/05/2020 at 09:23, Leyther_Matt said:

The ‘NHS Cup’ suggestions of earlier in the week aren’t a coincidence, I would suspect. Though, as above, whether anyone would be allowed to watch is another matter entirely. 

It would be a good idea to play a test at the end of the year. Due to travel restrictions maybe we should have a mini tournament with Wales, Scotland and Ireland maybe even throw an Exiles team in there or France if restrictions allow

1 hour ago, welshmagpie said:

Katherine Jenkins in one stand

Stereophonics in another

Adele down one end

Coldplay in the main stand

5 minutes of singing each, England vs. Wales.

Sell the game to TV as a rugby league international and a live concert. 

Make it nines and its a sure fire winner!

38 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

It would be a good idea to play a test at the end of the year. Due to travel restrictions maybe we should have a mini tournament with Wales, Scotland and Ireland maybe even throw an Exiles team in there or France if restrictions allow

Jimmy (Nicola Sturgeon) Crankie wouldn't allow it.

3 minutes ago, Harry Stottle said:

Jimmy (Nicola Sturgeon) Crankie wouldn't allow it.

As the vast majority of players eligible for Scotland neither play nor live in Scotland and Scotland have been playing their "home" internationals in Workington there is nothing she can do about it other than complain about it whilst achieving no material outcome.

5 minutes ago, Mr Plow said:

We’ll have to see if she closes the border or not 

Other than the couple of token amateur players that get named in each Scotland squad that wouldn't affect Scotland RL at all. Nobody needs to go into or come out of Scotland. Even the small number of fans that may want to attend may not be able to attend games anyway.

Well that is a shame but I think we were all expecting it. I just hope we can get some games in at the end of the year now cos quite frankly going 3 years without playing for England would be ridiculous. Back in 2012 we played that autumn international series with Wales and France so something similar with Wales and Scotland would be great I think. I'd also consider a test against Jamaica seen as most of their players are based in England and with the talent that qualifies for them I'm sure they could put on some entertaining games. 

57 minutes ago, Toby Chopra said:

I do wonder if a home internationals series would get more interest this year than normal give how desperate people are for something to enjoy. As a one-off, it might actually be worth it. 

People are desperate for sport and broadcasters are desperate for content. Whether that will still be the case in November we will see

Archived