two divisions

Rugby league is a community game even the government  recognize it . But since switch to summer rugby as a fan I have noticed the game has become more tribal . There's less fans going to watch neutral games and fans have become quick to walk out of a match when there team is losing . Has there become to much pressure on winning ? with slogans like every minute matters the game has become win at all cost . One way to relieve some pressure on clubs and to expand the game and player development is to make super league bigger . The question is how big ? I have always been in favour of a ten team super league but a bigger league might work if fixtures formula could be introduced . With this season almost a write off we could look at being brave . No team relegated and promote 8 yes eight teams to super league from the Championship . With the 6 remaining championships being joined next year by the 11 league one clubs and Ottawa. Based on current positions Super league would look like this

Wigan , Castleford , Leeds , Warrington

Huddersfield , St Helens , Catalan , Hull fc

Wakefield , Salford , Hull kr , Toronto

Toulouse , Leigh , Featherstone , London B

Widnes , Dewsbury , Bradford , Halifax    . Notice I have put then in pools of 4 each pool plays the other pool once either home or away and there own pool both home and away for 22 rounds . A wild card draw for magic weekend gives 23 rounds . Top eight teams make play offs with bottom team relegated to the championship .  The Challenge cup revamped to two comps one for each league . Super teams spilt into four groups of 5 teams one team from each of the league group pots to avoid to many games against same teams . Top two in each pool make quarter finals . Group winners awarded home tie in quarters.  

Chief Crazy Eagle

You'd need to pay 21 x payments of about £2m to top flight to include a parachute payment = 42m then 17 payments of about 0.7m = 12m rounded out for tier 2. So a TV deal of around 70m more over the next 5 year period (200->270) should be a green light. 

2 minutes ago, Smudger06 said:

You'd need to pay 21 x payments of about £2m to top flight to include a parachute payment = 42m then 17 payments of about 0.7m = 12m rounded out for tier 2. So a TV deal of around 70m more over the next 5 year period (200->270) should be a green light. 

But could offer sky more tv games with ten matches per round . Plus if you stagger the cup pool rounds so two pools play one week and the others week after sky would get more weeks as would the BBC for cup so many be get more money for cup from Tv .

Chief Crazy Eagle

Nope, my idea is better.

We scrap the Championship and League One and ALL twenty-five clubs are promoted to Super League. What’s so Super about a twelve team elite level anyway? Playing some teams three times a year and others twice a year isn’t so Super, anyway. Under this idea you play everyone once, therefore you play 18 home games a year, so those Super League chairmen get amazing five extra home games a year! Also, playing everyone once gets rid of the monotony of seeing the same game three times a year and with playing your rivals once a year, there’s some tension to build around the solo meeting. 

Lower league teams promoted and getting games against top sides, Super League clubs getting eighteen home games a year and a top level that has teams from England, Wales, France and Canada. 

as I stands could have a great 4 day Easter fixture list

Catalan v Toulouse

Wigan v St Helens

Widnes v Warrington

Salford v Leigh

London B v Toronto

Hull FC v Hull KR

Halifax v Bradford

Leeds v Castleford

Featherstone v Wakefield

Dewsbury v Huddersfield

Chief Crazy Eagle

It's all still shuffling the same pack of cards. Rugby League needs a new deck, so that it can attract new people and cover different parts of the country.

Four Kingdoms Cup

Northumbria

Mercia

Wessex

London and East Anglia

13 a side. Tournament played over 4 weeks (5 if you have a final). The four teams populated by a draft from existing SL players.

I'll get me coat.

53 minutes ago, superten said:

as I stands could have a great 4 day Easter fixture list

Catalan v Toulouse

Wigan v St Helens

Widnes v Warrington

Salford v Leigh

London B v Toronto

Hull FC v Hull KR

Halifax v Bradford

Leeds v Castleford

Featherstone v Wakefield

Dewsbury v Huddersfield

Is that it?!

In the 37/38 team SUPER Super League we have Saints v Wigan, Hull v Hull KR, Warrington v Widnes, Leeds v Hunslet, Cas v Fev, Wakefield v Huddersfield, London v Skolars, West Wales v North Wales, Catalans v Toulouse, Whitehaven v Workington, Batley v Dewsbury, Bradford v Keighley, Doncaster v Sheffield, Oldham v Rochdale, Swinton v Salford and Toronto v Ottawa amongst many more. 

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Is that it?!

In the 37/38 team SUPER Super League we have Saints v Wigan, Hull v Hull KR, Warrington v Widnes, Leeds v Hunslet, Cas v Fev, Wakefield v Huddersfield, London v Skolars, West Wales v North Wales, Catalans v Toulouse, Whitehaven v Workington, Batley v Dewsbury, Bradford v Keighley, Doncaster v Sheffield, Oldham v Rochdale, Swinton v Salford and Toronto v Ottawa amongst many more. 

true I would be all for it , but like my idea I cant see super greedy league clubs willing to share anything club interest before the games interest

Chief Crazy Eagle

Just now, superten said:

true I would be all for it , but like my idea I cant see super greedy league clubs willing to share anything club interest before the games interest

So teams from Super League (it’s not called Super Greedy League, that would just be stupid) wouldn’t expand but would to join your expanded league? 

3 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

So teams from Super League (it’s not called Super Greedy League, that would just be stupid) wouldn’t expand but would to join your expanded league? 

4 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

no I cant see super league clubs willing to expand league at all . There happy sharing up to pot amongst themselves . I'm not saying call it super greedy league I'm  just saying certain clubs in super league are greedy and only have self interest

Chief Crazy Eagle

1 hour ago, 17 stone giant said:

It's all still shuffling the same pack of cards. Rugby League needs a new deck, so that it can attract new people and cover different parts of the country.

Four Kingdoms Cup

Northumbria

Mercia

Wessex

London and East Anglia

13 a side. Tournament played over 4 weeks (5 if you have a final). The four teams populated by a draft from existing SL players.

I'll get me coat.

i still want to play a proper "war of the roses"

House of York v House of Lancaster... play where you were born and for who your lord/duke sided.. so york is, of course Yorkshire but then Salsbury, kent, norfolk, Gloucester etc.. Lancaster gets, obviously, Lancashire, but then also Somerset, Devon, Shrewsbury etc

Anyone in Warwickshire is made to change sides every time they play.. 

you should be able to get all places covered one way or the other, gives everyone an allegiance.. and can start with a mascot jousting match on the back of buck and dusty!! 

whats not to like!

While your getting your coat, mines the north face puffer jacket!

2 hours ago, RP London said:

i still want to play a proper "war of the roses"

House of York v House of Lancaster... play where you were born and for who your lord/duke sided.. so york is, of course Yorkshire but then Salsbury, kent, norfolk, Gloucester etc.. Lancaster gets, obviously, Lancashire, but then also Somerset, Devon, Shrewsbury etc

Anyone in Warwickshire is made to change sides every time they play.. 

you should be able to get all places covered one way or the other, gives everyone an allegiance.. and can start with a mascot jousting match on the back of buck and dusty!! 

whats not to like!

While your getting your coat, mines the north face puffer jacket!

http://red-or-white.mirror.co.uk/index.html?_ga=2.7325873.202817731.1589821251-1295330048.1589821251

20 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

Four Kingdoms Cup

Northumbria

Mercia

Wessex

London and East Anglia

I'll get me coat.

London and East Anglia? Bloody hell. Your new system has barely had time to bed in and you're already talking about mergers.

8 minutes ago, Hammerless Nail said:

London and East Anglia? Bloody hell. Your new system has barely had time to bed in and you're already talking about mergers.

The autonomous kingdom of Haestingas will be entering separately. We'll have no truck with being lumped with any Saxons and refuse to recognise the defeat of our tribe by Offa of Mercia in 771.

(Why yes, I have just been on Wikipedia, why do you ask?)

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

20 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Is that it?!

Who would Leigh play in your amongst many other catagorie?

Just now, Harry Stottle said:

Who would Leigh play in your amongst many other catagorie?

Pilkington Recs.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

21 hours ago, 17 stone giant said:

Four Kingdoms Cup

Northumbria

Mercia

Wessex

London and East Anglia

I'll get me coat.

You are Utred of Bebanburg and I claim my £5

Archived