Fastest on the draw!

For Wigan a 22-22 draw at Headingley in 2011. We were well adrift and mounted a comeback to get within 2 points and then a Sam Tomkins penalty snatched a point right at the death. Memorable as due to the late comeback getting a point felt as good as a win.

1 hour ago, Damien said:

The 1995 World Cup semi final between Australia and New Zealand was a classic, ending in a 20-20 draw with Australia then winning 30-20 in extra time.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

7 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

It was a tough game with so much at stake, the players on the day from both sides never took a backwards step.

The hooter went a tad early, i remember it well i was there. 

10 hours ago, Futtocks said:

ok, that's me sorted for tomorrow morning.  Don't remember too much about this game so will be like watching live (while knowing the score!).

The two number 9's in that game - Andrew Johns and Henry Paul - would have made one hell of a half back pairing.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, Dunbar said:

ok, that's me sorted for tomorrow morning.  Don't remember too much about this game so will be like watching live (while knowing the score!).

The two number 9's in that game - Andrew Johns and Henry Paul - would have made one hell of a half back pairing.

Some of the names in those two squads will bring back memories for many: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_Rugby_League_World_Cup_squads 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

On 19/05/2020 at 08:50, Damien said:

13 - 13.

It does all sound a little convenient ?

Such things do happen. In a different sport but I remember in the football Euro Championships 2004 going into the last matchday of one group Sweden and Denmark knew that a 2-2 draw would send them both through and Italy out regardless of the result in Italy's last game (being played simultaneously). Some fans even had a banner stating "2-2 a victory for Scandinavia". To the surprise of all it ended in a 2-2 draw.

On 18/05/2020 at 20:00, Gerrumonside ref said:

There’s not historically been many draws in RL.

One of my favourite all time in the flesh  games was Wigan vs St Helens in the Regal Trophy in the mid 90s that finished in an exciting draw.

What’s your favourite ever draw involving your favourite team?

Wasn’t the WCF in 72 a draw?

Season 76-77 and Hull & Dewsbury going neck and neck for promotion - the original fixture at Crown Flatt was postponed and it was re-arranged for a midweek night and a thrilling 13-13 draw ensued in front of around 3 or 4,000 (always good to welcome the large support Hull took to away fixtures). Reporters said it was a marvellous game and both teams would have “no difficulty” in staying up in D1 next season.....in which Dews won only 2 fixtures all season (one satisfying against Leeds!). 

Swinton & (New) Hunslet seem to draw a lot in the 80's, I fully expected the 1987 2nd division Premiership to end in a draw. (May 17, 1987, the day my life changed)

Floodlight cup final 0-0, Salford v Warrington was a mud bath, if the TV weren't involved, it would've been called off.

Archived