Your involvement in RL

5 hours ago, Saint 1 said:

Started playing as a kid in St. Helens, so played for Haydock Warriors, Ashton Bears and Golborne Parkside before coming to uni.

Went to the Uni of Nottingham where I ended up Captain and Treasurer. Started playing for Nottingham Outlaws in my first year so now into my 8th season, along with just having started as Head Coach.

I took up coaching with the Outlaws juniors in my first year of uni. I've coached Outlaws Juniors, Midlands Regional Academy, Midlands u16s (rep team) in the past. I currently coach Outlaws Men, Outlaws Women, Nottingham University and Nottingham Trent University; in short, pretty much everyone I physically can coach! 

Brilliant!! 

How are the Outlaws doing these days (if you don’t mind me asking). Have they got ambitions to get into the NCL or even the semi pro set up again, or are they happy in the Yorks League? Also what sort of attendances do you get, how many registered players etc? It would be so good for the game if there was a strong Nottingham team. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 19/05/2020 at 09:51, Bleep1673 said:

Actually, after getting beat 0-102, and breaking both olacranon in the same match demolarised me. That's when I turned to the DARK SIDE, & started playing Union, Roxteth Manor OB, then West London RFC

demolarised? As in lost your teeth?

17 hours ago, John Fisher said:

demolarised? As in lost your teeth?

No, I lost my upper incisors in a cycling accident, not rugby, always wore a gum shield. Shoulder pads, & scrum cap*

*Because I'm epileptic.

Played all over the place:

Pilkington Recs (St Helens) > Newcastle Uni > Northeast England Students > Hemel Hempstead (1 game) > Gosport Vikings (1 game) > Northallerton Stallions (Yorkshire) >  AFC Harrogate Officers’ Mess (lol) > Leeds Akkies (1 game) > Kings Lynn Black Knights (Norfolk)

Also a L1 coach (not used) and a qualified referee (reffed a few games).

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Fantastic. What league will you be in?

Well I'm a bystander at the moment but will almost certainly throw my hat in the ring when things warm up. I presume they will join the Welsh league but can't say at this stage. The talk is a 2021 launch. My preference would be to create a friendly fixture list in the first season, with any and all clubs willing to travel to Aberavon to help us get established. I'm a firm believer in the value of a fixture secretary, creating friendly fixtures a season in advance to assist in the establishment of new clubs. The chap organising it is a very capable administrator so I have every confidence in him. I'll keep you posted. 

On 19/05/2020 at 21:31, Eddie said:

Can anyone buy shares in the Skolars, or is there a minimum investment / other requirements?

In fact does anyone know if there are any clubs that fans/the public can buy shares in? I’m not talking about loads, just a few hundred quid (obviously with no expectation of a return!). 

There was an expanded share offer last year to match the expected but non-arriving Argyll investment. I know there was some talk of crowd funding too. I think given current events clubs will need to think about other ways of raising funds. Personally I like the idea of allowing fans to buy shares - although no one will make any money out of it!

We may look to run a nines tournament  next year at our local sports ground here in Kent (Used by the Cricket club which I am involved with) we already have the sticks up for 2/3 friendly RU fixtures a year just for fun so everything is in place.

Anyone interested (May bank holiday weekend 2021) please PM me and we can get the ball rolling .

Armed forces 

London teams 

Anyone 

2 day tournament 

Cheers 

Paul

On 19/05/2020 at 16:36, Eddie said:

Norfolk. 

I had thought about that, I might get in touch with a few clubs and see if there’s anything I could do ?

There were the Norwich City Saxons there for a while, Kings Lynn too. Bury St Edmunds. Further south are the Eastern Rhinos...

Archived