Sign in to follow this  
Old Frightful

Ratu Naulago...

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

They're throwing money about, which is interesting given union's big financial issues

Bristol's owner is reportedly worth £2bn so dont think money is a problem for them.

5 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Fair play - at least he's signed for a side who are many peoples favourites for the Premiership and Champions Cup next year. 

I hope the people who have Bristol as favourites for the Champions cup aren't betting men!

5 hours ago, Celt said:

that is an easy one to hide behind.  The guy was on a low salary - he has signed for a very wealthy union club.  Geography is just an excuse here.  If he was offered life-changing money in RL, I suspect he would not have been quite so bothered to move 'closer to friends and family'.

I believe his wife and kids stayed down that way and didn't join him in Hull. 

Geography probably is a factor. 

• Like 1

People called Romans they go the house

7 hours ago, Chamey said:

Bristol v Hull in terms of cities can't have been a hard choice.

Curious to know which way you were heading in this one.

I've lived in Hull nearly all my life and been to Bristol a few times. During the times I've spent in Bristol, I didn't feel it was such a great place, about a similar percentage of baseball cap wearing scumbags as my fair city and also as widespread places you wouldn't be too keen on living as you might find anywhere.

Keeping back on topic, Naulago has obviously been offered a contract way in excess of any Adam Pearson could offer him, he's towards the end of a short career, I've loved watching him in a Hull FC shirt, good luck to him.

• Like 2

"Son, can you play me a memory, I'm not really sure how it goes,

but it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete, when I wore a younger man's clothes"

9 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

I've lived in Hull nearly all my life and been to Bristol a few times. During the times I've spent in Bristol, I didn't feel it was such a great place, about a similar percentage of baseball cap wearing scumbags as my fair city and also as widespread places you wouldn't be too keen on living as you might find anywhere.

Keeping back on topic, Naulago has obviously been offered a contract way in excess of any Adam Pearson could offer him, he's towards the end of a short career, I've loved watching him in a Hull FC shirt, good luck to him.

Personally, closeness to Bath, Cardiff and London and an airport within twenty minutes of the city centre would probably sway it. In terms of both cities, though, as you say, I don’t think one is greatly favourable than the other. 

9 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

A tale as old as time - talented RL player with an RU background moves over. Will be called up to an England squad before this time next year. The good news is, depending on whether or not he's deemed in RU to be better than Denny Solomona, we might see one of them return? 

Well, as old as 1995, I would have thought, HG&G.

I saw a comment on another forum about him still being in the army and army big wigs wanting him to play yawn-ion rather than league. I wonder if there is any truth in that?

2009 Warrington 25 Hudderfield 16

2010 Warrington 30 Leeds 6

2011 League Leaders Shield Winners

2012 Warrington 35 Leeds 18

Challenge cups and league leaders shields everywhere! We need more silver polish!

On 19/05/2020 at 19:37, Old Frightful said:

I can think of a difference between the two cities. In Bristol they erected statues to slave traders. In Hull we erected them to abolitionists. 

• Like 9

Old Faithful we never lose at Wembley

18 hours ago, Ullman said:

I can think of a difference between the two cities. In Bristol they erected statues to slave traders. In Hull we erected them to abolitionists. 

I was on a night out having a fag and got talking to a bouncer from Sierra Leone.

I asked why did he come to Hull of all places..he said because of Wilberforce.

I felt really proud. 

• Like 3

Rugby Union the only game in the world were the spectators handle the ball more than the players.

On 08/06/2020 at 16:18, Ullman said:

Bang on the money as usual mate. 

"Son, can you play me a memory, I'm not really sure how it goes,

but it's sad and it's sweet and I knew it complete, when I wore a younger man's clothes"