Albert Kelly

17 hours ago, Barry Badrinath said:

Leroy rivett and Jeff Lima say hi.

Did they also win consecutive Lance Todd Trophies?

I know Sneyd's not everyone's cup of tea but his value to the team in terms of winning close games is undoubted. The game in Catalans, live on Sky last year when we went from leading 24-28 to losing 30-28 with about a minute to go is a perfect case of Sneyd's ability.

No other player I've seen in 40 years of watching RL could pull off what he did in the last seconds of that game. A place kick enticing the opposition to catch it before it went 10m, a penalty goal from halfway, a touch finding kick off plus a drop goal under extreme pressure.

Could we sign a better scrum half?, obviously, but his value in games like the above is immeasurable.

Anyway...Albert Kelly...he's rubbish ain't he.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Which rugby league player's videos went viral in America after he did an overhead kick with a rugby ball into a basketball net after only the second attempt? I think it was some bloke called Sneyd...

Anyway, not really a surprise that Kelly will be leaving, he's been unsettled for a while and has said a number of times that he wants to return to Australia. Shame because he's done some great stuff for us. I'll always remember just after he signed for us and we played the caravaners in a preseason friendly everytime he got the ball their fans booed and we started singing, "he's one of our own!" and you could see the beaming smile on his face. Met him a couple of times, great lad! 

1 hour ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Which rugby league player's videos went viral in America after he did an overhead kick with a rugby ball into a basketball net after only the second attempt? I think it was some bloke called Sneyd...

i'm a rugby league fan in Warrington, i've never even heard of this, when did that happen?

Anyone else hear about this, or is it just me that missed it?

13 minutes ago, Barry Badrinath said:

i'm a rugby league fan in Warrington, i've never even heard of this, when did that happen?

Anyone else hear about this, or is it just me that missed it?

To be honest, I missed this when it actually happened, he's been posting videos of him doing tricks with a rugby ball during lockdown and apparently ESPN showed some of them in America. 

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/rugby-league-news/hull-fc-marc-sneyd-viral-4140683

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/hulls-marc-sneyd-lifts-lid-22038535

5 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Did they also win consecutive Lance Todd Trophies?

I know Sneyd's not everyone's cup of tea but his value to the team in terms of winning close games is undoubted. The game in Catalans, live on Sky last year when we went from leading 24-28 to losing 30-28 with about a minute to go is a perfect case of Sneyd's ability.

No other player I've seen in 40 years of watching RL could pull off what he did in the last seconds of that game. A place kick enticing the opposition to catch it before it went 10m, a penalty goal from halfway, a touch finding kick off plus a drop goal under extreme pressure.

Could we sign a better scrum half?, obviously, but his value in games like the above is immeasurable.

Anyway...Albert Kelly...he's rubbish ain't he.

Spot on, mate, and if people want an example of whether he has the ability to turn a game around they need look no further than the game in which he won the first of those Lance Todd Trophies. Warrington had it in the bag until his 40-20 turned it on its head.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

5 hours ago, Ullman said:

Spot on, mate, and if people want an example of whether he has the ability to turn a game around they need look no further than the game in which he won the first of those Lance Todd Trophies. Warrington had it in the bag until his 40-20 turned it on its head.

The two best players in that game were the two hookers.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 minute ago, Just Browny said:

They were both outstanding that day. That's for sure.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

3 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

Possibly so but the Lance Todd goes to the player that has the biggest influence on the game.

Even the biggest Sneyd critic couldn't argue against him being deserved of that accolade.

Could you KT?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

7 minutes ago, Old Frightful said:

Possibly so but the Lance Todd goes to the player that has the biggest influence on the game.

Even the biggest Sneyd critic couldn't argue against him being deserved of that accolade.

Could you KT?

Personally thought it was Kurt Gidley’s till he went off injured, Wire capitulated from then on and Sneyd stepped up, so no complaints in the end. 

1 minute ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Personally thought it was Kurt Gidley’s till he went off injured, Wire capitulated from then on and Sneyd stepped up, so no complaints in the end. 

I'm struggling with that one TBH and I've watched the game many times over (admittedly with my black and white specs on).

How come a thread entitled Albert Kelly spends all its time talking about Mark Sneyd?

I like Sneyd, a lot.

I think Albert Kelly will be missed, on his day he's a world beater.

Was it true that Radford headbutted him, before resigning? 

19 hours ago, fighting irish said:

Was it true that Radford headbutted him, before resigning? 

I very much doubt it but it makes for a good story. ?

Kelly actually spoke highly of him afterwards I think. Thanked him for all he had done for him.

On 21/05/2020 at 15:38, Hullfan said:

I mean what chance as sneyd got in fairness behind, Taylor as his prop 

Give him back to Salford then, please.

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

10 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

I'll pay his taxi fare for the Hull fc fans 

Great Watto'll have him up to what he was like when he played for us before!

1 hour ago, Oxford said:

Great Watto'll have him up to what he was like when he played for us before!

Liam Watts is head and shoulders above Taylor. His game is better in every department. How hull let Watts go and kept Taylor was a disaster 

20 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

Liam Watts is head and shoulders above Taylor. His game is better in every department. How hull let Watts go and kept Taylor was a disaster 

Magic!

Archived