Moving forward

DEANO

It seems likely that this season has ended prematurely. So thoughts on season tickets. There is no right or wrong answer but my thoughts are the club keeps the money and then re new next season. As a reward the club could possibly give next seasons replica shirt away or perhaps a guided tour around the new stadium. I know that won’t suit everybody but just canvassing ideas

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

I know some folk would need their brass back to pay for next season but I would be up for a guided tour and the first two pints free at the bar. I'd like to be able to pay for the season ticket over a few months like they do at Fev. I won't be asking for money back as the lads have been giving their all over the past few years, they deserve backing. UTK

Hopefully we'll still see some live rugby this year!

But this is a real heartening thread to see. Knights fans are ace. I'll make sure that Jon & Neil see it when/if the club needs to make a decision.

Although if the Championship is voided for 2020 the Knights will happily be keeping my season ticket money in return for a beer ?

9 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Hopefully we'll still see some live rugby this year!

But this is a real heartening thread to see. Knights fans are ace. I'll make sure that Jon & Neil see it when/if the club needs to make a decision.

Although if the Championship is voided for 2020 the Knights will happily be keeping my season ticket money in return for a beer ?

Can't see how we can finish the season with no income from supporters and i presume a lot of players have commitments at the end of the season,would gladly give my season ticket money this season up if it went towards the players pot for next season

They can keep my sponsorship money as well, and I'll continue a fresh sponsorship in 2021 - as long as I haven't gone bust obviously.

I appreciate everyone's finances are different at the moment and I certainly wouldn't judge anyone not doing so but if we can stick by the club and basically spend what we were going to spend with them anyway, York City Knights will come out of this in a much stronger position to move forward once normality resumes in that lovely new stadium that's sat waiting for us.

Also I thought I'd do this publicly so you can all see what a great guy I am and then tell all your friends and acquaintances to use York's Premier Design & Print Company should the need arise, which will in turn help prevent me going bust. ?

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

On 21/05/2020 at 18:36, DEANO said:

There isn’t one

Well until the RFL gives us notice......Super League would want to kick start in August which would give Champ/Lge 1 two months time to prepare , players in this situation will be holding off on holiday preps just in case season resumes.

As for season tickets I am a pensioner and paid for my season ticket almost a year ago so is dead money , I do not want any freebies from the club as we have one of the smallest budgets in the Champ. Suck it up and hope for some games this season. 

What super greed wants and what it gets maybe two different things. They can afford to play behind closed doors if necessary because of the sky money. Cockeyed league with no travel between countries 

sometimes you have to take a step backwards to move forward

You have missed the point , SL have gone for August hoping for playing in front of normal crowds which is speculative but fair given the 2 month time frame and Champ/Lge1 could follow suit. There could be a second wave of covid but I would prefer to be optimistic that we could see some games this season.

Ill echo others comments, I’m happy to write off my season ticket if it helps the club. Although I appreciate everyone’s financial position is different.

I think a ‘money can’t buy’ gesture in return would be good. Not expecting money off the next season ticket or free merch because it again eats into the clubs budget. 

The postcard from Jon Flatman is a good idea (hope the postman hasn’t lost mine haha!).

How about for those still active, a touch and pass mini tournament with the players, obviously once we no longer need to distance - can be done instead of training, costs the club nothing.

Or a free BBQ with the players, I’m sure there’s a few local butchers who could do a good deal. 

Or a tour of the stadium before it opens.

Just a few ideas which create memories and is of little/no cost to the club. 

I have said from the outset the club can keep my money, I budget for season tickets alot earlier, I think I paid for mine in July if memory serves me rightly. I like the tour or player bbq idea however personally I wouldn't be bothered if nothing could be arranged but be great to involve sponsors to try and support them during this time too

Although I am not a season ticket holder I did purchase a ticket for the Toronoto/Wakefield/Fev game which never went ahead. Obviously wouldn't even consider asking for my money back for it, the club need it more than I do right now. Perhaps a free pint in the future for those that purchased tickets for this match separately as well ore something along similar lines? 

A few years ago I wasn't prepared to put a penny more in to the club. Says a lot about how highly the fanbase regards the current leadership at the club that so many are happy to donate their cash to the club. Hope John and co. keep up the high standards they have set the past few years for many more years to come. 

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

• 4 weeks later...

See Championship and League 1 are meeting today about where we go from here,see Leigh,Featherstone and Newcastle are keen to restart having spent big money on squads but how are there going to pay the players with no income coming through the turnstiles.

IF the season does restart clubs should be streamed at a option get season ticket money back if you do so you have to pay week by week for the stream, or they keep the money and you get all streams free for home games. Think that's away where both fans and clubs could benefit. If it's away game which you'd have to pay for and you choose to keep your season ticket you get it at a discounted price where the home team gets the majority and the away gets 20% like would be on match ups. Basically it's set up season ticket holder and you get a unique code for each match. Just a option. If you don't watch it live but few days later stead of be free so people don't get ripped off charge 3 quid or so don't get live rugby but still paying your team to rewatch game.

10 hours ago, Bullmania said:

IF the season does restart clubs should be streamed at a option get season ticket money back if you do so you have to pay week by week for the stream, or they keep the money and you get all streams free for home games. Think that's away where both fans and clubs could benefit. If it's away game which you'd have to pay for and you choose to keep your season ticket you get it at a discounted price where the home team gets the majority and the away gets 20% like would be on match ups. Basically it's set up season ticket holder and you get a unique code for each match. Just a option. If you don't watch it live but few days later stead of be free so people don't get ripped off charge 3 quid or so don't get live rugby but still paying your team to rewatch game.

Most clubs cant afford the tests in the Championship and league one.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HarrogateKnights said:

Rumours to be confirmed today that no promotion or relegation from Super League on that basis little point with the season contiunung with nothing to play for if behind closed doors. 

Too true, waste of time and money may as well start afresh next year.

Archived