Moving forward

DEANO

7 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Could we possibly start the new season in Oct/Nov , hopefully crowds could then attend safely , the R L have got to look at different options in this new world ?.

They have rumoured for an Autumn tournament but haven't really explained what that would look like. It could be a 1895 style cup which I would be for, have a group stage, semi finals and final or something similar 

On 06/07/2020 at 18:10, DEANO said:

Seems to me that all they’re doing is having meetings about meetings 

Are there waiting on super league clubs deciding on relegation before championship and league 1continue the season or is it down to finances

League Express seem to think the R.L. are saying if Super League don't want relegation this year the parachute payment they make to the usually relegated team out of the Sky money, £500,000, should go to sponsor some sort of competition for Championship clubs and League one clubs.

4 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

League Express seem to think the R.L. are saying if Super League don't want relegation this year the parachute payment they make to the usually relegated team out of the Sky money, £500,000, should go to sponsor some sort of competition for Championship clubs and League one clubs.

Would be the sensible solution as long as promotion and relegation for all three divisions is preserved for the following season

I know it will be behind closed doors but Sky seem to think Sunday 9th August we will be playing Widnes away (not on TV) I don't know if these are confirmed fixtures or when Sky put in the Super League games these were added as already scheduled but will soon find out. There aren't any scheduled Championship games for the weekend of 2nd August when Super League starts again 

Screenshot_20200717-083120.png

1 hour ago, HarrogateKnights said:

I know it will be behind closed doors but Sky seem to think Sunday 9th August we will be playing Widnes away (not on TV) I don't know if these are confirmed fixtures or when Sky put in the Super League games these were added as already scheduled but will soon find out. There aren't any scheduled Championship games for the weekend of 2nd August when Super League starts again 

Screenshot_20200717-083120.png

Now quoted as playing cas in the challenge cup on the w/e of 22nd of August , no venue confirmed yet.

10 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

Now quoted as playing cas in the challenge cup on the w/e of 22nd of August , no venue confirmed yet.

The Rugby Football League (RFL) announced today (Friday) the challenge cup competition will resume at the sixth round stage on the weekend of August 22 and 23. The day and venue of most matches have yet to be announced, but the Cup will restart with a BBC-televised double-header at Huddersfield’s John Smith’s Stadium on Saturday, August 22, when Warrington Wolves meet Wigan Warriors at 2.30 on BBC 1 and St Helens take on Salford  Red Devils.at 5 on BBC 2

3 hours ago, Nearenough said:

i wonder if we'll play the CC match or not, no indication as to the current club view on the club website. clubs have till the end of July to say if they will play their next ties or not.

Surely not, we have nothing to gain from it unlike before where we could have at least got a big crowd for the fixture and made a bob or two 

12 hours ago, YCKonstantine said:

Surely not, we have nothing to gain from it unlike before where we could have at least got a big crowd for the fixture and made a bob or two 

i wonder if theres any prize money payment we'd forfiet by not playing?

22 hours ago, Nearenough said:

i wonder if theres any prize money payment we'd forfiet by not playing?

Interesting thought and knowing the RFL one they wouldn't give a straight answer too its usually 50/50 gate receipts but they dont usually break down anything else. We have 5 weeks to get the players off furlough up to speed to potentially only play 1 game, if the season was guaranteed to continue then yes play the fixture if not I would be leaning to its not worth it. 

I think a lot of it will come down to what the players wish to do. These lads seem to be the type that love playing Rugby, not just here to pick up a wage and a lot would relish the opportunity to test themselves against Castleford. Obviously can't speak for them, but I bet a lot of them would want to play if possible.

So then there's a question of how much do they want to play if our season is cancelled? Wouldn't proclaim to know the full costs at all but several other clubs across other sports have either taken wage cuts or playing for free. Chester's players in York City's league have offered to play their play-off games for free. I'm not saying our players should play for free and would respect any player who would refuse to play without payment. But that option is there if they really want to play. 

What also has to be considered is the cost of getting the game on. Covid officers would probably have to be appointed, mass testing and other sanitisation of the ground/training would be an issue. Have YSJ reopened their pitches for us to train on? There's also the issue of player welfare that would have to be taken into account, how long before the game would they need to be training for in order to get them fully fit and safe to play?

The game also isn't on live TV so we wouldn't benefit from that. However could the club stick up a single camera live stream for the game on pay per view? There must be a few thousand from Cas who would happily pay to watch that live stream as well as ourselves to help pay for the game? Once again I'm not an expert in costs in that area so wouldn't be able to say if it's worth it, but if OurLeague can stream amateur RL I'd like to think it'd be possible for us to be able to get it on. I'd also happily donate a 'virtual match ticket' if the game was on or for some other kind of crowdfund to help the club with costs for the game.  

Anyway, there's my Sunday morning thoughts, I'll get back to moaning to Gav about parking, colours of the seats and the nearby pubs at the new stadium now. 

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

See Toronto have pulled out of Super League for the rest of the season,i presume that no club from Super League will be relegated this season and if the Championship starts up again will promotion still be on the table?

4 hours ago, DEANO said:

It’s a mess

well I'm praying for the relegation scenario for us...I get to visit York and the new digs..and the Kneets and you bloody shower get to come to Toronto again..yeh thats Ok for me..!!!

54 minutes ago, Acasterknight said:

Championship and Championship 1 seasons will not restart. But there will be a one off competition in the Autumn for any team that wants to complete.

Be interesting to see the format of the comp. I am hoping that we get at least 4 games with 2 at home before end of the year

Archived