Sam Smeaton

Dons centre Sam Smeaton is taking part in an epic world record static bike challenge to raise money for Rugby League Cares and the Motor Neurone Disease Association.

The 31-year-old joins 24 other rugby players as they endure 30 long and painful hours of pedalling in the Rugby League Spectacular.

Smeaton said: “I’ve been inspired to put my legs through hell by the inspirational attitude of Rob Burrow and his family since he was diagnosed with motor neurone disease last year.  

“Rob’s devastating news has touched all of us, and the fundraising done by the Rugby League family on his behalf has been outstanding.

“I’ll be doing the world record attempt for a cause that is close to my heart, Rugby League Cares. The independent charity has been supporting Rob and hundreds of other current and former players through their journey in the sport. RL Cares will also donation a percentage of what we raise to the MND Association.”

You can support Sam and the rest of the fundraisers by donating to his Just Giving Page.

Archived