Jamie Shaul to Huddersfield...

Fact or fiction?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

5 hours ago, Angelic Cynic said:

Since the undignified sacking of the head coach the club seems to be in complete meltdown.

Meltdown? This would be good news for Hull. I like Shaul but I've seen enough of him now to know that he just isnt good enough for a club that is trying to win the SL.

4 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Who do FC have lined up as a replacement?

I was hoping we would be in for Evalds but Cas beat us to it obviously.

Maybe it will depend on the new coach, but I wouldn't be surprised to see faith put in Connor Wynne.

1 hour ago, MZH said:

I was hoping we would be in for Evalds but Cas beat us to it obviously.

Maybe it will depend on the new coach, but I wouldn't be surprised to see faith put in Connor Wynne.

I could scarcely disagree more with your assessment of Shaul's worth to the team but I could live with that if there's any truth in the rumour that Shaul is on his way out. Wynne looked an outstanding talent when he stepped in during Shaul's lengthy absence with concussion last year.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

3 hours ago, MZH said:

Meltdown? This would be good news for Hull. I like Shaul but I've seen enough of him now to know that he just isnt good enough for a club that is trying to win the SL.

You need a new head coach,and if this is true 2 new players for the spine of the side.Bit of turmoil that other clubs don't appear to have in Super League.Add to that possibly a small interlude before the next season gets underway - should this one start.

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

4 hours ago, MZH said:

Are Hull really a club anywhere near to realistically trying to win the SL??

4 hours ago, MZH said:

Complete meltdown don't forget.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

9 hours ago, arcticchris said:

Are Hull really a club anywhere near to realistically trying to win the SL??

We were an absolute shambles shortly before the season was suspended, a complete contrast to the team that took to the field at Headingley on Feb 2nd, a team that then certainly looked to be contenders.

We have the squad that has the ability to try to win it but whether anybody can get them to want to win it is another matter.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

13 minutes ago, meast said:

Not heard anything, would be surprised as we signed Ashton Golding to be regular full back with McIntosh, Senior and Gaskell as back up, plus Aidan McGowan, an academy lad who has signed first grade terms as cover.

Do you reckon that Golding is better than McIntosh?

2 hours ago, meast said:

Not heard anything, would be surprised as we signed Ashton Golding to be regular full back with McIntosh, Senior and Gaskell as back up, plus Aidan McGowan, an academy lad who has signed first grade terms as cover.

It doesn't make sense for lots of reasons. Shaul himself has never expressed any desire to leave that we know of and he is only a couple of years away from qualifying for a testimonial season. 

17 hours ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Wynne really impressed me when he played last year. He could comfortably step into the first team I think. 

His debut at Salford was the most accomplished I've seen since Shaul himself at Wakefield in 2013.

5 minutes ago, Ullman said:

It doesn't make sense for lots of reasons. Shaul himself has never expressed any desire to leave that we know of and he is only a couple of years away from qualifying for a testimonial season. 

Unless Hull want him to go. 

3 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Unless Hull want him to go. 

Granted. Anything's possible at the moment.

2 hours ago, meast said:

At full back, yes, although Ii haven't seen much of him to be honest, but Darnell seems comfortable in any of the outside back positions, Ashton seems to have more organisational skills.

i like mcintosh, no doubt goulding is a fair player, but i've never watched and game and been that worried about him, him being  a leeds junior he obviously got the sky propaganda machine behind him for 10 minutes till jack walker came along.

Though the possibility of shaul seems a weird one, if mcintosh can play across the backline, shaul is pretty much a fb, can goulding slot in anywhere else perhaps?

Archived