Apparently Kallum Watkins, who left the NRL because of his sick father, has joined Toronto. How does this work then? He quit playing in Australia to be closer to family but has signed for the Canadians!

2 minutes ago, Rhinoferg said:

Apparently Kallum Watkins, who left the NRL because of his sick father, has joined Toronto. How does this work then? He quit playing in Australia to be closer to family but has signed for the Canadians!

Th Canadians that are based in.......Rochdale 

• Like 1

Sydney to Leeds = 10,400 miles.

Toronto  to Leeds = 3,400 miles

Therefore, he has moved closer to his family, I reckon.

• Haha 1

Four legs good - two legs bad

I hope he gets some of his form back and enjoys his Rugby again. He is only 29 so should hopefully have a few years left in him.

Could be a very good signing for TWP.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Sydney to Leeds = 10,400 miles.

Toronto  to Leeds = 3,400 miles

Therefore, he has moved closer to his family, I reckon.

Well, his family are based in Manchester, so I would go with Manchester to Rochdale = 14 miles 😁

• Like 1

Interesting how he shapes up . No doubt he’d looked a shadow of himself in recent times . This year after a full preseason with the titans would have showed where he was , so he’ll be looking to get some return on that work with Toronto

24 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Interesting how he shapes up . No doubt he’d looked a shadow of himself in recent times . This year after a full preseason with the titans would have showed where he was , so he’ll be looking to get some return on that work with Toronto

He certainly looked a bit more switched-on and lively in the early rounds of this season.

"Men will be proud to say 'I am a European'. We hope to see a day when men of every country will think as much of being a European as of being from their native land." (Winston Churchill)

2 hours ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Was he ankle tapped when going for the line in World Cup final of 2017❓

Put a slight dampener on my 50th birthday. 🤣

Hope it works out for him at TWP,  if there is any rugby again🙏

Again???? 

36 minutes ago, Hullfan said:

Again???? 

Granted my last remark was tongue in cheek, but having read our national media informing us that rugby will be way down the list of sports to resume, I began to wonder. 

According to them: scrums can't go ahead due to players' saliva and perspiration ; ours is a full contact sport unlike any other; clubs will fold due to lack of matchday revenue; social distancing will need to be adhered to among spectators if there are any... 

I just began to wonder about the future. 🙄

Stay safe and well 👍

1 hour ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Granted my last remark was tongue in cheek, but having read our national media informing us that rugby will be way down the list of sports to resume, I began to wonder. 

According to them: scrums can't go ahead due to players' saliva and perspiration ; ours is a full contact sport unlike any other; clubs will fold due to lack of matchday revenue; social distancing will need to be adhered to among spectators if there are any... 

I just began to wonder about the future. 🙄

Stay safe and well 👍

I'm sure our sport is a bit like another sport I can think of

Rucking, mauling, scrummaging, binding by grabbing jockstrap, lifting in lineout... 

Jolly good entertainment when Stuart Barnes commentates🙄He who hates our game. 

Returning to the thread topic: hope KW at TWP+all clubs etc are playing again soon(August❓) or will tgg lose TV money if there's no play❓Believe 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏏will lose sky millions if they don't play international programme this summer❓

Toronto doesn't get any TV money so we don't care.  Glad to see news of our impending demise have been greatly exaggerated lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Impending demise of TWP❓

I sincerely hope not. 

What ARE you on about?

3 minutes ago, Wigan Riversider said:

Responding to Canadianrugger

Ah, you mean his/ her sarcasm?

• Like 1