Cant argue with that response!.. 

Though sounds like it all came from his manager. Wasnt his manager looking to renegotiate his contract last year? Probably part and parcel of those negotiations and the Journo has decided to run with it.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

It has been widely reported on Fox Sports that he has been allowed to negotiate with other Clubs after his Manager demanded $800k a season.

There was talk about this in the media around Canberra’s Grand Final last year.

Talent is secondary to whether players are confident.

4 hours ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

What is going on? Is someone trying to unsettle him because he has done so well?

how can a journalist publish that he has asked for a release 4 times from Canberra when he says he hasn’t asked ONCE! 

C2282FE9-3111-4DEE-9A72-3D22B35C375E.png

Bateman has indeed transformed into an Aussie!  You tell it to them...?

4 hours ago, Allora said:

It has been widely reported on Fox Sports that he has been allowed to negotiate with other Clubs after his Manager demanded $800k a season.

Yeah see I have no doubt he wants to stay at the Raiders - he already stated in an interview he has zero interest in living in the Sydney 'bubble'. That said, it seems very likely Bateman's notorious agent has been making noises to the powers at the Raiders to bump his contract up and extend. As long as it suits both parties I'd expect to hear a new 3/4 year deal announced in the next few weeks. 

Out of interest, if there is any truth at all in him leaving for more money, who do we all reckon might take him? Dragons might fit the bill with Frizell leaving and not being right in the centre of Sydney? 

5 hours ago, DavidM said:

I wouldn’t upset John Bateman . If he says it’s Christmas Eve I’m putting my tree up

He tried to upset Lee Mossop up once. Believe me, Bateman put his Xmas tree up when he asked !!

1 hour ago, Snowys Backside said:

He tried to upset Lee Mossop up once. Believe me, Bateman put his Xmas tree up when he asked !!

Are you talking about the infamous Xercise4less incident?

I think you'd have to have been there to know exactly what transpired that night.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

6 hours ago, hunsletgreenandgold said:

Yeah see I have no doubt he wants to stay at the Raiders - he already stated in an interview he has zero interest in living in the Sydney 'bubble'. That said, it seems very likely Bateman's notorious agent has been making noises to the powers at the Raiders to bump his contract up and extend. As long as it suits both parties I'd expect to hear a new 3/4 year deal announced in the next few weeks. 

Out of interest, if there is any truth at all in him leaving for more money, who do we all reckon might take him? Dragons might fit the bill with Frizell leaving and not being right in the centre of Sydney? 

There are only really two Clubs based in the City centre, the rest are really in the suburbs.

Perhaps Parramatta or Canterbury.

Not really sure who has space on the Cap going forward.

11 hours ago, Allora said:

That's not accurate.

He hasn't been allowed to negotiate with other clubs (not openly at least). He's still under contract at the Raiders and is just trying to negotiate a contract upgrade.

The Raiders are happy to give him an upgrade, they've just had to make some room in the cap, and everything has been slowed down by the pandemic.

The Fox Sports story is almost certainly Batmans new agent, Isaac Moses, whom is the living embodiment of the stereotype of the leach player agent, playing games in the media to put pressure on everybody.

25 minutes ago, The Great Dane said:

That's not accurate.

He hasn't been allowed to negotiate with other clubs (not openly at least). He's still under contract at the Raiders and is just trying to negotiate a contract upgrade.

The Raiders are happy to give him an upgrade, they've just had to make some room in the cap, and everything has been slowed down by the pandemic.

The Fox Sports story is almost certainly Batmans new agent, Isaac Moses, whom is the living embodiment of the stereotype of the leach player agent, playing games in the media to put pressure on everybody.

I am sure his Agent is stirring the pot but his Agent works for him and Bateman should be the one calling the shots on how his Agent goes about conducting himself.

Where there is Smoke...

https://7news.com.au/sport/rugby-league/canberras-bateman-wants-upgrade-on-deal-c-482087

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6419054/nrl-contract-talks-no-distraction-bateman/?cs=14326

https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/john-bateman-release-requests-denied-four-times-by-canberra-raiders/7cb35e34-e68f-431c-bb9b-cdeff990cf17

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/teams/raiders/nrl-2020-canberra-raiders-john-bateman-contract-salary-ricky-stuart-isaac-moses/news-story/d23714df8c6bc1a9b784544ef50e4453

I hope he stays in Canberra but he would be wise to tell his agent to keep this stuff out of the media and perhaps tell himself that at the same time.

Canberra boss Don Furner has just announced John Bateman is free to test his contract value in the NRL market.

The Bulldogs are said to be front runners on signing him.

9 minutes ago, Allora said:

Canberra boss Don Furner has just announced John Bateman is free to test his contract value in the NRL market.

The Bulldogs are said to be front runners on signing him.

Furner won’t want rubbish like this in the press.  

I don’t think JB realises these are probably the best times of his life.  He has yet to fully test his shoulder injury and they are far from easy to fully recover from.

9 hours ago, The Great Dane said:

That's not accurate.

Maybe it's you that's not being accurate.

image.jpeg

John Bateman may be a victim of a ruthless and misleading manager. The rumour is that Bateman, who was on $600,000 a year this year, has been offered $800,000 a year by the Canterbury Bulldogs. They have already signed prop Luke Thompson for 2021.

I now fear for the career future of John Bateman, who won the Dally M second rower of the year in 2019, and is an icon in Canberra.

55 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Why?

Because if he goes to the clubs that are being talked about seriously (Bulldogs and Dragons) he'll be throwing a chance at success away for few grand more in the short term.

I don't have a problem with that, if money is his first priority I can't say I blame him, but it will effect his career and value in the long term if he is stuck in a team that's anchored to the bottom of the table.

20 minutes ago, The Great Dane said:

Because if he goes to the clubs that are being talked about seriously (Bulldogs and Dragons) he'll be throwing a chance at success away for few grand more in the short term.

I don't have a problem with that, if money is his first priority I can't say I blame him, but it will effect his career and value in the long term if he is stuck in a team that's anchored to the bottom of the table.

The Dragons have finished above the Raiders three times in the last five years and twice in the last three seasons.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

5 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

The Dragons have finished above the Raiders three times in the last five years and twice in the last three seasons.

Sure, but their team is ###### and getting worse, and ours is very good and getting better.

Strange how that happens once you build a strong spine.

4 minutes ago, The Great Dane said:

Sure, but their team is ###### and getting worse, and ours is very good and getting better.

Strange how that happens once you build a strong spine.

Early days yet.  I want Canberra to do well this year as I support any team with a few English lads in it but they finished 10th in 2017 and 2018. They need to prove that they can back up last season.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Archived