If all clubs HAD to have a nickname/moniker

Right it's new SKY contract time. Part of the deal is all clubs have to have a nickname or logo. All ideas welcome plus badges for the artisic. 

This for fun with decent ideas included. The debate for should, shouldn't is on another thread.

I always liked Halifax Bombers when Fax we going through names. Easy to affiliate certain ways to market. Could see Nigel Wood dressed up in mock like size Bomber as mascot. ?

Like poor jokes? Thejoketeller@mullymessiah

I liked the Blue Sox, because there wasn't any imagination going around then, it seemed desperation, even Leeds Rhinos seems desperate now. Sharks, Tigers, Lions, wildcats, Warriors, Wolves, and Knights, or Centurions, Bears, not many of those around the M62?

Humber has lots of Shark fishing fleets, Leigh has a Centurions squad ready to defend us, Swinton Changed in the White Lion pub, Oldham had a reputation for Bear baiting.

10 hours ago, Mumby Magic said:

Right it's new SKY contract time. Part of the deal is all clubs have to have a nickname or logo. All ideas welcome plus badges for the artisic. 

This for fun with decent ideas included. The debate for should, shouldn't is on another thread.

I always liked Halifax Bombers when Fax we going through names. Easy to affiliate certain ways to market. Could see Nigel Wood dressed up in mock like size Bomber as mascot. ?

Hull Sharks makes sense.... If I was bringing my kiddies up in the East ridings I'd have thought the Shark thing would be great fun

As it is.... My kids love the hooves off of the Bronco's mascots Dusty and Buck

On 23/05/2020 at 00:43, bentleyman said:

Halifax were very keen on the "Bombers"  moniker but not pc Nigel Wood wanted the HATED Blue Sox  ?

Just read a review of ww2 bombers. It says that the Halifax Bomber lacked speed and power. Hmmm, some would say that's an appropriate name. Years ago I worked with a Widnes fan who said "We're playing Halifax brown kecks on sunday". Made me chuckle.

This thread reminds me of when I was coming back from Wembley on the train after a CC final.... probably Leeds v London.

One Day county cricket sides had just adopted monikers to their names. A group further down the carriage were talking about this and couldn't remember what Yorkshire had chosen as their nickname. Up pipes an old bloke with a distinct Lancashire accent who shouted out...."Lads, I think you are looking for the word B*stards"

Halifax Hounds , Rochdale Rangers , Oldham Outlaws , Hunslet Huns , Doncaster Flyers are just a few of my ideas  I do think Doncaster Flyers should be adopted to tie the club with there railway heritage as the Flying Scotsman was built at Doncaster .    

Chief Crazy Eagle

Archived